Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

I was so excited to get this! First time I used it I was really happy although it did nothing. But a few days later I couldn't reach for it again. It smells so perfumy! A lot of reviews said its not bothersome but omg! I have acne prone skin and anything with a strong or even mild scent makes my skin react. It says in the ingredient that it has perfume. My skin was blotchy and red after I had washed it off (I wore it for twenty minutes as mask and then massaged it off with water) I thought it was because of the warming sensation of the pack. But its the perfume. I really wanted to enjoy it because its so soft and the warm feeling is soooo nice! Maybe I'll try it again sometime later.

on 6/23/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this scrub, it leaves my face feeling clean and unclogged without the harsh aftermath of red and raw feeling skin. I didn't like the smell at first but I don't mind it anymore, it's actually quite relaxing. I use this scrub/mask to exfoliate my face twice a week and I like how it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. For the quantity and quality you receive for such a small price, this product is truly worth a try. For a product that is sold in drugstores at such a low price, this product has better perks than most high end products. The ingredients are mainly all natural extracts from fruits and the scrub is cruelty free! This product was not tested on animals, it's packed with natural ingredients and it won't break your bank!

on 6/16/2015 4:25:00 PM

LOVE this product. I must say that it is difficult to get off after you put it on, but what I do is I usually use it before I shower and when I get in the shower I let the water take it off for me. I feel it is best that way. Overall, I am acne prone and I do have sensitive skin and this does not irritate my skin at all!

on 6/15/2015 10:40:00 PM

Mask, scrub... I really don't care. This is really good. I didn't give it 5 lippies because it is kind of messy to apply, but it's logical since it is sugary. I used it 2 times and I love it. Fantastic for blackhead removal. Skin is soft and clean afterwards.

on 6/11/2015 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this would be more of a mask and it seems to be more of a scrub. It does seem to make your face feel a little "warm" when you are scrubbing with it. It is rather goopy and will not dry in place. The container is also hard to completely close once you start using it. Good for in the shower, but kind of a mess if you are out of the shower. I thought it was an ok scrub, but didn't really like it as a mask.

on 6/10/2015 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

absolutely love how this made my skin feel! no surprise breakouts after using it either. this has become part of my beauty regime it has been such an oil/dry & flaky skin lifesaver.

on 6/6/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

very nice mask/exfoliant, leaves my face smooth and bright. will repurchse.

on 6/5/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mask. At only a couple dollars for a very large tube, it's a great deal. I normally wash my face and then apply the mask while my skin is still damp. As you massage this into your skin, not only are you exfoliating because of the sugar scrub, but it also heats up which is great. I leave it on for about 15 or 20 minutes and then continue to massage it on my skin while I rinse it off. My skin is noticeably smoother and all around more radiant after. I love this mask and have tried the other masks from the same brand and have not been disappointed. The only slight problem I have is that the tube can get messy and sometimes the scrub can harden up around the top so it's difficult to fully close the cap. But other than that such a great face mask!!

on 5/27/2015 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Huh?! Who knew eh? I've tried DIY face scrubs and store bought and yea have to say that this one is the best so far. I followed the package directions and I felt just a slight warming sensation ( ohhh la la) upon application. When I removed it with a super warm wet face cloth it was like whooooooooooooa for real? One use and my pores are smaller? wha? Shut up? YEP and YEP let's also not forget to mention how uber soft it left my face and neck.
I know this entry is a perhaps a bit premature since I've only used it once but I felt it warranted a comment since I saw results after first use.

FTR my skin is combo, not sensitive and well on the more mature side so lines& huge pores and a few age spots that have recently showed up ( oh joy!)
For the price even if it doesn't work out on your face , hey there's always your feet! Summers here and pretty feet are a must!

on 5/26/2015 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok I've battled with acne which resulted in acne scars all over one side of my face. I also recently have been getting mild acne on my chin, forehead and temples. Not anymore

i swear, all it took for my skin to be literally GLOWING AND CLEAR was three things: this product ( as a face scrub in the shower), ice, and honey. I swear. I've been doing raw honey masks, spot treatments, and as a cleanser for over a week. I also iced my face twice a day with a slightly melted ice cube, rubbing it gently over my face until completely melted.

So, ice and honey have kept my skin pretty clear but i still have small breakouts. I used this product because my skin looked like it needed MAJOR EXFOLIATION. (dry dull skin in places, blackheads, the usual.) After using this in the shower today, I iced my face and took a nap. I woke up and looked in the mirror and my skin is flawless and the acne scars are pretty much invisible..... Ok I still have a mild breakout on my forehead and a pimple on my chin but its hardly noticeable.

This is HUGE for me.... definitely will add this into my routine probably 2 times a week. I hope my skin stays this clear. Anyone with acne prone, oily skin should definitely try this out. I'm going to leave my house without makeup today :)