August 22, 2014 | 2034 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by EdoanneSim

This is my 2nd Freeman Mask I've used. The other one is the Acai one which I'm in love with. I love how it heats up when applied on your face. I had smoother skin after using this for just 1 time. How can something be so good yet so afforable! I've combination skin and this works awesome. Hope it works for those with Acne also. But the only thing I dislike is the packaging as you cannot close it completely due to the sugar crystals ): This affects me a lot as I'm a perfectionist and cleanliness freak. So if this can be solved. Definitely a 5/5 rating!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Laughgeo

This is my favorite mask!!! It costs under $5 and is better than a lot of high end masks! When you first put it on there is this warming sensation that feels good on your skin. You can feel it working!!! After you scrub it on your skin and wash it off your skin feels like a baby's bottom and looks glowy. The only bad things I have to say is that it is messy to apply and the cap won't close because it is clogged with sugar. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Words cannot explain how much I love this facial mask/scrub. I've had oily, acne-prone skin for years. I've tried tons of products, this is my absolute favourite. You can feel it working as you use it. I recommend it to anyone with my skin type. It has really cleared my face! I also use pore strips after using the mask for the best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I've only used this product once, but I can tell we're gonna be bestfriends.
So this scrub is very lovely- is smells nice, and is a good exfoliant. I put this on for about 10 minutes, then rubbed it all around before rinsing it off. My skin felt very soft, and not too over dried. This is the first scrub I've tried, and I am very pleased, no probs with it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by kimmitchell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZINNGGGGGGGGG !!!!!! best mask besides from the cucumber one.
this product isnt really a so called "mask" but it does wonder
after one use i could tell my skin was brighther, had a nice glow to it. very smooth , and the product warms up when you rub it in.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by PeachyPink38

I bought this like two days ago at Bed Bath Beyond and they were having a 25% off sale on it. I had also used a 20% coupon on it and end up paying just $2.34 for it.

After cleansing my face, I used it as a mask last night and it's more of a sugary charcoal scrub, but I let it sit on my face for like 5 minutes. I washed my face off and I feel like it helped exfoliate skin and minimize my pores. Then I used a toner and put on my night cream and I feel like my skin was able to absorb the night cream better than before because of this facial polishing mask.

In the morning, my face looks smooth and can hardly see my pores. I have several of the other Freeman masks like the Pineapple enzyme, Golden grain mask and I also have the St. Ives Fresh Skin scrub and oatmeal mask and scrub. I feel like this charcoal sugar one works pretty well. I will probably decide to use up all the masks and scrubs I have already before purchasing a second bottle of this product.

Do you need this Charcoal and Sugar mask scrub? Yes, if you want your make up to apply more smoothly on your skin this is a good product to exfoliate and smooth out your skin. I think it even brightens your skin as well. I feel like my face looks brighter after washing off the mask.

Though I would say not use this product more than 3 times a week because there is a thing called over-exfoliating your face and that could be very harsh for your face and skin. So space it out through the week , it's not meant to be used as a daily treatment.

One con about this product is not the product itself but rather the packaging. It is like the other Freeman scrubs/masks packaging, but for some reason after opening and using the product, the cap would not close completely. I'm afraid it would dry out the product, even G from NouveauCheap had mentioned her cap would not close. Therefore, I don't think this is a single case, because it's the same with me. Wish it would close.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was BOGO free at Ulta, so with the $3.50 off coupon it was only 50 cents. Although, I wouldn't mind trying it out for the full $4. This is a great scrub! It really does a great job of exfoliating and getting the gunk out of my pores. I have oily skin and clogged pores and I love seeing the difference in my skin after a long day. After I scrub it all off it leaves my skin soft and glowing. I have no complaints!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

A nice facial scrub that's affordable and works well. It has a nice, light scent. It's not drying- it seems to hydrate the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been obsessed with this scrub for a couple of weeks. I was buying the single use packets until I found it at my Job Lot for $3 for full sized bottles. I was hesitant about using a scrub on my face because my skin is really sensitive so I barely put any pressure and wore it as a mask the first couple of times. This was really gentle on my skin. I have begun using it while in the shower and find my face feels just as polished with a quick scrub as it does in mask treatment. I just prefer the shower because there's no wait, I can rinse my face better and won't have the sticky sugar in my hairline, and my face is steamed in the process. It does leave the skin polished. Similar to the way some soaps can leave it a bit stripped so it's almost squeaky clean, but I don't feel like I lose any moisture with this. Another reason I like this is because it is sugar, I can work it in my skin until it disappears. It doesn't scratch up my face with mystery beads or sand. I feel like it heats up a bit as well, which is nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:55:00 AM More reviews by EustaciaVye22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This. Stuff. ROCKS. MY. SOCKS. Got it for about $4 at my local Shop rite. Got it home and loved the beady, almost sandy texture and sugary smell (ans if you accidentally get some in your mouth, its tasty!), although I do agree with other reviews saying this is more of a scrub than a mask. Its like sand mixed with hair gel - that's the consistency- and though I know that sounds nasty, truly, it feels good on the skin. It just does not "dry" in the manner I would expect a strict mask product to. Anyway! I applied it and immediately felt a brief heat coming from each area I scrubbed it into my face with my fingertips, which felt wonderful. I love products that you can feel or see working. I left it on for five minutes, washed it off, and my lord, my skin feels exactly like a baby's bottom! And smells good! And looks looks bright, fresh and healthy!! I seriously cannot recommend this product enough. I have combination skin and this stuff is the bomb on it. I use it sparingly, once a week, because it's becoming difficult to find here. I may have to start buying it online. A bargain at any price. My only complaint: the flip-top bottle, which stands on its end, will not close properly. I opened it as I normally would have, maybe I damaged the package somehow. I had to wrap the end of the bottle in plastic wrap to reassure myself the bottle wouldn't dry out. Otherwise, fantastic product.