Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.2

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

I sometimes use this as a mask, but mostly use it as a scrub. And it's cheap and effective! The exfoliating particles are kinda big and can be harsh but it's sugar so they dissolve pretty quickly into a more manageable texture. I would advise those with very sensitive skin to be careful, though. It smells sweet, has really decent ingredients, and if you go whole hog and use it as a mask it leaves your face glassy-smooth.

It's so cheap that I regularly use it on random body parts too. It's a really good butt exfoliator, like before a date night... (no judging, try it out sometime lol). It does have cononut stuff in it, so watch out if that breaks you out (it doesn't affect my face, but it breaks my chest out, go figure).

The cap sucks though...once you open it once, it'll never fully close again.

This is very abrasive, i think for most using it once a month or once every 2 weeks would be enough (as long as you are exfoliating regularly already)

But the results are SO GOOD. My skin was so smooth after. Its a little drying, i follow up with a hydrating mask and and a heavy moisturizer. Would def repurchase.

I really love this scrub! I have acne prone, oily/dry combination skin and this stuff works great at absorbing all the oils in my skin leaving it fresh and glowing! I use it once a week, leave it on my face for about 10 minutes to give the charcoal time to do its work and then gently exfoliate as I rinse. The sugar is a great exfoliator and works to scrub away the patches of dry skin on my face. It's a little drying so I have to moisturize after use, but I do that every night anyway, this is just one extra step once a week in my skincare routine to keep my skin looking it's best! The price here is also great, at under $4 a tube you really can't beat that for the results! Would highly recommend!

Very mixed feelings about this mask. It felt nice when I applied it an just let it sit on my face for a while, a bit goopy but nothing terrible, but when I rubbed it around a bit I found it abrasive. It left my skin irritated and looking worse than before I used the mask. I think that the sugar is too abrasive and I definitely prefer gentler physical exfoliants for my face. My face is not a car or a floor, it doesn't need to be buffed and polished. I have the whole bottle left, so what to do with it? Pre-shave exfoliation for my legs, foot scrub, elbow scrub, and so on. It will get used, just not how it was intended.

Nothing special. To large granules in my opinion, it's easy to scratch the face. I would not buy it again. Maybe I will try with some other freeman mask.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a godsend..bought if at my local Walmart for under 4$. Very satisfied!!

I don't normally use masks...and this is barely what I would consider a mask...but I like it. I kind of smear/pat it on my face and try to stay very still while its on so it doesn't drip off my face. I know most people like to scrub their face with this but I could never-my skin is too delicate and prone to broken caps. I find just the act of rinsing this off my face is scrubbing action enough. It makes my skin feel smoother and softer and looks clearer for a few days after using. I use this about as often as I can remember...maybe once every 1-2 weeks. This doesn't irritate my sensitive skin in the slightest...I don't even get the "warming" feeling other people describe. I much prefer the mud mask version of this...but as of yet I haven't found that product in full size- only packets...so for now this will do. The one thing I cant stand about this is I cant manage to close the cap properly after using because of the damn sugar granules clogging it up. This is not essential to my life but its fun

Worst mask I have ever used. Seriously disrupted my skins natural balance. I was left red, irritated and blotchy. The next day I had new breakouts, dry patches and over-all my skin was uncomfortable. Would never recommend to any skin type and would never use again. Too harsh in every way including the way it smelled! Way too fragrant, way too abrasive and coarse in texture.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was super surprised by this mask/scrub. I like the heating effect, and I also love the way i feels as a scrub. It doesn't hurt my skin or leave it red and irritated like some do. The day after using this, I noticed that my skin had a healthy glow and my tone looked more even. I purchased the little sample packet, I love that Freeman does that, just to see if I liked it. I will be purchasing the full size! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff.

I decided to try charcoal for my skin, because I've heard so much good stuff about charcoal. So I went to Wal-Mart, found this bottle, and my attention was caught for two reasons. The first, everyone has seen the small, almost single uses of Freeman face masks, so I knew it was a good brand, and the price was VERY reasonable. So I picked it up.

It's a black, sugary textured substance, not sticky, has very little fragrance to it. You apply it all over your face, leave it for about 5-7 minutes, gently rub it in for about a minute and then rinse it off. I've used it four times over the last two weeks, and my skin is brighter, less acne, and just looks healthier.

I don't know if it's a placebo effect, or if this stuff really is that amazing. Either way, I love it, and I would definitely recommend it.