October 1, 2014 | 974 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by xokatana

EFFING LOVE THIS PRODUCT! excuse my french. this facial mask is truly amazing and I don't just use it as a mask...I use it as an exfoliant obviously that's intended because it has coarse grainy sugar like particles that removes all traces of dirt, clogged pores and leftover scum leaving my face moisturized and smooth to touch. $4.99 or whatever it goes for here in Canada, you cannot go wrong. BEST CHEAP STEAL LOVE THIS SH*T!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love, Love, Love Freemans products! For a drugstore skin treatment these facials are magical. The mask never really gets hard on your face and its more of a scrub but that's to be expected since it has black sugar in it. Because of the charcoal it will heat up a bit and that feels wonderful. For me, scrubs are a pain to rinse off and so is this one lol My skin feels smooth and fresh afterwards, that is the objective. So for 4 bucks give it a try.

FYI, I've spotted the masks at Krogers in the single packets for 1.99.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

I saw 2 rave reviews of this product on youtube from emilyhoel83 (+ her husband tyler) and glamlifeguru (tati). i have very sensitive fair Asian skin that is oily and acne-prone, with large, sometimes clogged pores (a few on my nose). I try to stay away from masks and scrubs because they are usually too harsh. But I couldn't resist. So I bought it and it made my skin soft, smooth and moisturized. It exfoliated all the dead skins cells off because I had super bright, soft skin afterwards. i think the few clogged pores on my nose were still there. And it does feel really rough when you gently massage for a min or 2 before rinsing. I have tried it twice in the past week as per instructions (2x per week), and each time, I would have 2-3 new painful cystic acne in a few places by the end of the next day or 2. I don't get cystic acne anymore since doing my last round of Accutane, which was 15-20 years ago. I don't know for sure if this causes the cystic acne but I can't take the risk. Also, the top "broke" so it doesn't close any more -- that's after 2 uses. I returned it today. If it doesn't make your skin break out, it is an awesome exfoliator that smooths and softens your skin. But if it gives you cystic acne, nothing is worth that.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a definite fail for anyone like me with sensitive, non-oily skin and a nose sensitive to fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by meowdison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Though this is a 'mask' advised for weekly/bi-weekly use, I now use it as my daily cleanser.

It's amazing. It might be too harsh a scrub for some, but if you have skin that needs a lot of exfoliation like mine, it's perfect. It warms your face a bit when you start to rub it in. My mother tried it and said this was alarming - but I hardly notice it.

It smells nice, and if you should happen to get any in your mouth (hey, it happens, I swear!) it actually tastes...really good. You probably shouldn't eat it, but you might want to.

Like others said, it isn't much of a mask, and I haven't noticed a difference between when I just use it as a scrub, or leave it on for a while.

Ultimately, it's an amazing buy for the price. I just wish you could actually get ALL of the product out of the tube - but when does that ever happen with any product?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by XFactorGlory

Love this mask! It can be harsh because of the sugar so I just really gently rub it on and it doesn't irritate or hurt my skin. It warms as you spread it around and never really "dries" because its not a clay mask, so keep that in mind when using it. The first time I used it, it completely cleared up my problem skin, it was amazing! I always moisturize my face with oils, so that might have helped with clearing the pimples and keeping my skin moisturized after because the charcoal can be a bit harsh for people with really sensitive or dry skin. I have one of their clay masks (that I love) and I can't wait to try some of their other formulas.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sierrab2010

I bought this the other day for a little over $2 at Walmart. I have combination skin and have had a couple of annoying dry patches on my cheeks lately, so I've been kicking my exfoliating and moisturizing routine into overdrive. The product itself is more of a facial scrub than a mask. I honestly think it smells amazing. Like sugar and fruit, haha. It's not too harsh, and it's thick so you don't have to use a ton of it to get the job done. After I use it my skin looks glowy and healthy. Considering how cheap it is and the fact that it doesn't seem to be breaking me out, I'll definitely repurchase when I run out. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Fitlife12

I love this charcoal mask after by just the very first use, the second I scrub and rinse and taken off by a face towel my face was instantly brighter!
It's kind of weirded cause it seems to be just straight sugar and hard to spread around so I make sure my face and hands are wet then i let it sit for about 10-15 minutes then scrub my face gently for about 3 minutes.
This is first time my face look this BRIGHT AND SMOOTH since HS and only being a few bucks that's awesome, but I do use the hydrating sheet mask right after I use to charcoal mask so maybe that's why I get awesome results, I think I like this one more then the avocado/oatmeal clay mask but since it's a sugar scrub it can be to harsh and skin tearing for some it did seem to kind of irritate an active pimple
Background about my skin,
I'm 20 years old with combination skin but i can tell it's transitioning toward more dry maybe dehydrated skin? Tho I make sure to stay hydrated my skin is fairly good with few ance
My biggest concern are dullness, roughness in texture and pigmentation from both sun spots and post ance spots and scars, I don't have a lot of hyperpigment but it's starting to bother me and they are all the sudden popping up after never caring or knew who important it was to apply sunscreen, even tho I've been told a million time by my family who all suffer with lots of sunspot I just thought the little 20 spf in my foundation and/or moisturizer was enough but it's just diluted so I make sure I'm wearing 30-50 spf every single day especially being Asian I'm prone to sun spot, which Ive been using shiseido white lucent total brightening serum which helps...slowly and of course $120 per 1oz hurts my $10/an hour budget, probably wouldn't buy again but my mom been loyal to shiseido for 15 year and everyone thinks she's my sister so i thought I would try it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by JeskaLillis

I bought a sample size of this to try out, it was a little over a dollar at Walmart. Like other's have said it is more of a scrub than a mask. When you first put it on you can feel it warming your skin. I didn't use the whole sample, and can probably get one more use out of it. I stuck it in a ziplock bag so it wouldn't dry out. I waited with it on for about 5 minutes, like instructed to, then started to scrub my face with it for about a minute. I felt that it was a bit harsh on my face when scrubbing it in, especially on my forehead. But it definitely exfoliated. I washed off my face and let my skin calm down. My face did feel clean and smooth afterward. It also looked a bit brighter.

Overall I think I will probably use up the sample. It does seem to do what it says, but I feel that it is too harsh on my skin. I am not sure if I would buy the full size product. I do want to try the other masks from this brand though. Not saying it is a bad product, just don't think it is for me.

I like my Queen Helene's mint Julep mask, because it dries up and reduces my acne. But I can't seem to find that in stores here anymore. So I am looking for something similar.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by EdoanneSim

This is my 2nd Freeman Mask I've used. The other one is the Acai one which I'm in love with. I love how it heats up when applied on your face. I had smoother skin after using this for just 1 time. How can something be so good yet so afforable! I've combination skin and this works awesome. Hope it works for those with Acne also. But the only thing I dislike is the packaging as you cannot close it completely due to the sugar crystals ): This affects me a lot as I'm a perfectionist and cleanliness freak. So if this can be solved. Definitely a 5/5 rating!