Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 5/16/2015 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First things first, if you have an ant problem, keep this bad boy FAR AWAY from your bathroom counters. Enough said.

This mask is one of my very favorites
1) It's super cheap
2) It's multitasking
3) It's actually effective

When applying this mask, please, for the love of all things good, don't go in like a champ without dampening your face first. This mask is basically all sugar, so it feels really harsh on your face without some water to soften it up. Once you mix it with some water though, it applies pretty nicely. Obviously it's not going to be an even distribution, but it does the job.

This feels really warm when you apply it, which was unexpected, because the packaging says nothing about it. It feels wonderful, but dissipates after about a minute.

I usually keep this on for about ten minutes, then as I'm washing it off, I exfoliate my face with it. When exfoliating, I try not to exert any pressure, I just move my fingers around and let the sugar crystals do the work. I used to press really forcefully when exfoliating, which resulted in micro-exfoliation.....not fun :/

If you haven't guessed already, I would recommend this product. If you just want a good exfoliator, this goes above and beyond expectations.

on 5/13/2015 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this product! It leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft. Dampen your face before application so it will stick better! Insanely cheap, so I use it on my body in the shower as well. The large 6 ounce tube is less than $4 at Walmart. Freeman makes great stuff!

I freaking love this it heats up and I can feel it working. I also smells and taste good. I like using this a face scrub. this mask is one of faves in the world. I like the really get it in there tho and work it in since I have dry cheeks and chin. I love this it's hard for me not to want to use the everyday since I think that would be super harsh for your face so I use it only 2-3 days Def. addicted. ibuse it primarily for how soft it makes my face.

on 4/20/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is literally the best! it made my skin sooo soft and clean. This one works better than other freeman mask

on 4/11/2015 10:31:00 AM

This was an okay product for me. Just a regular scrub at an excellent price. When I bought it I actually thought I was buying a mask I didn't really want a scrub. Leaves me face feeling clean, not too tight, and fresh. No difference to my pores or blackheads and the bottle is hard to close once the sugar gets in the way of the opening. just average, I probably wouldn't buy it agaon

on 4/8/2015 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

OMG!!! I love love love this product. After I wash my face I put this mask on and use just as directed. When I am done scrubbing and rinse my face, its so soft and glowing. I can't give the mask enough rave. I will use this forever!!

on 4/5/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

LOVE IT, I USE IT EVERYDAY! Will forever repurchase. it is an amazing exfoliatior and doubles up as a mask when you leave it on for 5 minutes. once washes off it leaves my skin suuuper silky and clean. couldnt have asked for a better use of 4$ haha :) def recommended

on 4/5/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So... every time I go to the store to buy this there's always only one left! It's freaking great. Honestly I use it everyday. I don't leave it on for long. .I do scrub my face and neck with it for a good minute or two..it's leaves my fave soft and smooth and pores do appear smaller.. best stuff ever. . What I do hate it the cap. It doesn't close easily I always have to push it extra hard. If you don't hear the snap then it isn't closed right

So I'm coming back to give an update. While I still love this stuff... I have one complaint about it. For some strange reason I will occasionally get a piece of the charcoal embedded in my skin. My husband thought I had an insane blackhead and turns out it was a piece of charcoal that I had to get out with tweezers and it's happened twice now 😁 so just be aware that that could potentially happen. That being said.... I still like it but had to knock one lippie off for that reason.

on 3/15/2015 1:09:00 AM

This stuff means business!!!!!! I have been using a scrub from the Boots line of skincare (which I find at Target), but I am always intrigued by these Freeman masks. And when I see them at Walmart in their basic little trial-size packs for about $1.37 or so, I fall for them!! I have tried 3 or 4 besides this one, and have always been pleased. Which that says a lot, because my skin is sensitive, my nose is sensitive to scents (for the most part if these have any scent, it is mild imo), and I tend to break out with the "wrong"products or skin care. Each scrub/mask I have used from the Freeman line has been a pleasure, and this one is no exception.

My skin literally feels softer than anything I have ever tried after using this.
Soft as a baby's bottom, for sure!!

I know many love and swear by the Clarisonic, but I would rather use an actual scrub. To me it is just more sanitary, and I am not sure how cost-effective the Clarisonic really is, even over time, as you need replacement items, you still need a cleanser, etc...So I just prefer an actual 'scrub' product, plus I have heard some gals with sensitive skin do not like the Clarisonic, I know this is not about the Clarisonic -- I am just using that as a comparison, though.

The scrubbing particles on this Charcoal & Black Sugar mask are quite 'coarse'..for someone like me with sensitive skin, I would not recommend using this more than once or twice a week-max. But it does get the skin velvety-smooth and whisks away any trace of anything you would want removed. Does not leave skin dry, just soft!! -- That said, the granules might be pretty coarse and/ or too rough for someone with delicate and/or sensitive skin.

I will definitely add this to my skin care arsenal, using it just once in a while for a really deep-clean. I will not use this in regular rotation, but when skin feels like it needs a little 'something extra' , this is it, imo.

Little funny side-note: the sugar part of this is actually quite tasty (particles fell onto my lips as it dried), so that tells me this is actually pretty safe and gentle.

One thing I might recommend is, not leaving this on for the suggested 5 - 7 minutes, esp if you have sensitive skin. I think applying this and rinsing it right off would be very effective. Letting it sit on the skin dries the mask, obviously, which seems to make it a little more 'harsh'..but even still, that did not irritate my skin, and my skin is pretty sensitive.

Will re-purchase. Again, to me this is not a daily or regularly-used item, but it is very nice to have on hand for days I want/need a deep-down clean!! And super-affordable and easily accessible. Most drugstores carry this. Great product, great line!!

Popular Scrubs