Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 9/2/2015 3:31:00 AM

I love this scrub! I have very sensitive, dehydrated-combination, acne-prone skin and this does not break me out or irritate my skin, despite containing large, chunky sugar granules and the warming effect it has. It does a great job of sloughing off rough patches if you take the time to massage this into your face and if you use this consistently. I use this every other day but it hasn't dried out my skin and I actually find it quite moisturizing. I will massage this onto my face for about 1-2 minutes after I have cleansed and while my skin is still damp. Directions recommend that you leave the mask on for a few minutes, but I usually just rinse it off with cool water after I'm done massaging. It leaves my skin feeling soft and comfortable, and moisturizer sinks in so much better after I use this. I like that this comes in a tube, but my cap doesn't ever fully close so I would be a little nervous if I were to travel with this. Also love the scent! It's not over-powering and it doesn't linger, but if you are sensitive to scents I would skip this. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great exfoliator

on 8/29/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as a scrub. Its my favorite because so many scrubs out there have that pansy, barely there grit or that plastic beads suspended in cleanser texture that doesn't get the job done. Less abrasive than plain old sugar yet still exfoliates well.

on 8/26/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Saw this at the counter while checking out, thought its was a cool and got it!

It's not drying, like how scrubs usually are, on my dry skin.

Deep cleanse and remove bumps blackheads and white heads on my skin.

Cheap and good.

I've written a post on my thoughts. for more head over to

on 8/15/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome! I'm currently using a sample of LUSH Coal Face & using that w Freeman's charcoal masque & my skin is glowy! It's my fave scrub/masque. Charcoal must be good for the skin. The scent isn't strong & dispensed with quickly & not linger. My pores seem smaller, skin less oily & soft. I just adore this my favest masque treatment l have like 4 Freeman masques. If I enjoy exfoliating masques give this a try. Good for all skin types. It's affordable but for me it it was hard of find. I finally found a lone unloved forgotten not stocked recently display & I picked around til I found the Freeman stuff grabbed one of each lol so now I got 4 Freeman masques & 2 Kroger brand masques but but haven't had a chance to use yet!

on 8/5/2015 2:40:00 PM

I really do enjoy this product, It's great how cheap it is as well. The product after you use it makes your skin feel really smooth. The only thing I dislike is the feeling of it doesn't last.

on 8/3/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never would have purchased this product if I hadn't happened upon these reviews, and I'm so glad I did! I've used the clay masks from Freeman in the past and been generally pretty impressed but whenever I saw this one, I'd think that a goopy sugary mask wouldn't do my oily, acne-prone skin any good. Wrong! I love this mask. It sloughs off dull skin like no other. It really smooths my skin out and makes it glow. I find it helps to keep my pores clear. I put on a thick layer and let it sit for about 20 minutes (I'm not sure if letting it sit makes any difference, but I do anyway) then I add a little water to my hands and give my face a thorough scrub, with little circular motions, before rinsing it off. It doesn't dry my skin out, like clay masks can, and I like the subtle scent too. Afterwards, my skin feels incredibly soft and I feel as if it lets my moisturizer do a better job. I have recommended this to friends and will definitely repurchase when I run out - I use it about once every 2 weeks. And to top it all off, it's super affordable! Hurray!

on 7/30/2015 1:34:00 PM

This is in no way a mask, but it's a terrific sugar scrub. I don't get the "warming" effect other people reported, but this is gentle and effective at cleansing the skin. Leaves my skin moisturized and clean with no tight feeling. I love the smell, and it fades moments after rinsing. I highly recommend this for those with sensitive skin. I use it every other night.

on 7/18/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Went through a whole bottle now I am on my second one. Well I use this about 2-3 times a week on days where I wash with an exfoliator and then I apply this and scrub it off in circular motions to really get in. I do really like it! It helps to clear up Acne quicker and my face looks like it is glowing and healthy and not dull anymore. It does make my face a bit dry because it feels sqeauky clean. But I like the interesting concept of this mask and will
Continue to use it

on 7/12/2015 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite face masks!
It's a very grainy, black charcoal mask that you can purchase in either a tube or a single use pack. This mask does not apply evenly, as it is so grainy. Once applied, the mask (in my experience) heats up just ever so slightly. I find this very relaxing! It doesn't really harden, so after it sits for a few minutes the instructions say to gently massage before rinsing off. This exfoliates the skin beautifully! After rinsing off, which can be messy, my skin feels really soft and is noticeably cleaner. I wouldn't use this very often because it can be drying if overused.
I will repurchase.

on 7/10/2015 6:48:00 PM

I was excited to buy this because of the positive reviews, but unfortunately it was a letdown. The first time I used this was fine but after a few uses it started to dry out my skin! To the point that the skin on and around my cheeks started to flake! I was really hoping for this to be a winner because I was a fan of their discontinued raspberry scrub. Not to mention the fact that this was a combination of charcoal and sugar. The hunt for a good scrub or at least one that works continues...

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.