January 25, 2015 | 2116 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 2:20:00 AM More reviews by purplepotatos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff. Exfoliates my face well and leaves it remarkably soft. I'm typically sensitive to smells but this smells incredible. I wish I head a perfume that smells just like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:37:00 AM More reviews by creamsodasundae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a bargain product. It felt really warming when I applied it. I put it too close to my eyes and it started to sting a little bit, but I blame that on myself and not on the product. The sugar exfoliated my skin well, and it caused no breakouts. My skin was left soft. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Ljackey101

Love this stuff! Gentle enough for my skin. I use once a week. My face totally feels polished and clean afterward. Letting it sit couple minutes seems to do the skin good. My only complaint is the cap doesn't close well after product is used, it doesn't come out either, so I guess thats fine? Lol. I use it in the shower after the steam has worked its magic and opened le pores up. That way I can use on the upper half of my upperbody. It can get pretty messy, this keeps it from getting anywhere else besides the shower vicinity. Feels pretty harsh if you're scrubbing too hard, but if you're gentle it is too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2015 1:39:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried the single use of this mask. I haven't tried any of these charcoal or black masks yet and so I was looking forward to trying it. I didn't like t his one. It was just too clumpy and didn't apply evenly. Sure -- it exfoliated my skin -- that one is a definite --- but I didn't care for large chunks of black sugar (basically) clinging to my face. Pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 4:31:00 AM More reviews by sunstar93

I have oily/combo skin that's prone to acne, so it's hard to find products that won't totally dry it out or ramp up oil production. Since adding this product to my "routine", I've been much happier with my skin. I use 2 times a week at night in the bath (it gives me an excuse to relax and enjoy it!) after washing my face. I wash with Cetaphil sensitive skin face wash beforehand, or else my skin comes out extremely dry. I've noticed since starting to use this mask/scrub, my face has begun to look brighter and blackheads are less noticeable. After scrubbing and washing the mask off, my skin does feel kind of "slippery" before drying it off, but I think that's from the sugar. I ALWAYS moisturize (with Cetaphil sensitive skin) after using this product because while it does make my face feel soft and it does dry up the oil...I don't want the oil to return with a vengeance. But since I've begun using this mask regularly, the blackheads on my nose especially have become less noticeable and are starting to disappear. Not a miracle cure, of course, but if someone who has skin like mine and is looking for an inexpensive additive to add to their routine...this is the product to get!! At $4 a bottle, it's definitely easy on the pocketbook. Hopefully this review will help someone out!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mandimoomers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! I have very dry skin with little acne. Whenever I use a face wash my face feels tight and very dry. This "mask" was more of a face scrub, but it still worked wonders on my skin. My skin didnt feel tight and was the least bit dry. It worked so great on my acne and helped the redness die down. The only con was sometimes the cap on the lid doesnt close all the way, but its no big deal. Im in love with this product and would really recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by WATERMAYLON

I love using this product twice a week. I was a little reluctant to use this product at first when I realized there were grains of sugar in it because most exfoliators irritate my cheeks as they are sensitive. This product did not cause my irritation at all. My brother also uses this sometimes did not cause irritation with his face either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mariapardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it yesterday. Unfortunely it wasn't available in a full size bottle. It sooooo good. It exfoliates. The black sugar helps so much. What i did was applied it to my face and neck for like 10 minutes and then i applied a little amount of water and started to massage for 2 minutes and the rinse . my skin felt soft. it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by oystercity

I have been using this mask/scrub for a while, a little less than a year. I like to exfoliate often due to difficult skin with an oily t-zone and minor acne. I have used Queen Helene's Julep Mint face scrub for a few years, but it has become increasingly harder to find in my area, so when I was searching for other scrubs I came across the Freeman's Charcoal and Black Sugar scrub at Ulta.

The scrub warms up on the face and feels really good and tingly while on the skin. Yes, there is a bit of fallout due to the consistency of the scrub, but I don't mind it. I leave it on anywhere from 10-15 minutes then exfoliate with it for at least a minute and rinse off. It is great to put on before entering the shower, and then remove at the end.

It makes my skin very soft and clears it of all the makeup and junk I get after a full day of having makeup on. I haven't really noticed a difference in pore size or if it really does combat blackheads, but it is a great exfoliant. It creates a smooth surface to apply makeup and gets rid of rough patches. I would recommend it to everyone to try it for at least for a week to see how it matches up to your current scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this stuff is a blessing for my face.
ive always loved freeman products like the cucumber peel mask, pineapple enzyme mask, dead sea mineral clay mask etc. and i have experimented with a lot of exfoliant products for my skin.
i have combination skin, oily nose and cheeks dry forehead etc. also pretty pale with pink undertones. exfoliants are a product i need with my skin type. my old hg scrub was soap and glory's "scrub your nose in it". this was also a mask/scrub hybrid. however, soap and glory's scrub hurt my eyes and my face after two minutes, and was only good for spot treatment.
freeman got the scrub/mask right. the product is a pleasing dark colour and super grainy. doesn't spread evenly. smells like lavender and raspberries to me. i applied to dry skin, left for 8 mins, and rinsed with circular scrubbing.
the results were incredibly soft, bright skin. the pores on my nose and around it had shrunk. and my face smelled good, no evidence of any abuse against my skin. my skin is kinda sensitive and it didn't affect me.
this is a thick scrub so i think i will try to keep my usage to 3 times a week. I'm so happy i found this stuff. so much bang for your buck!