November 28, 2014 | 2005 users online

Scrubs - Freeman - Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this in a special sale for just 2,5 euros. Big tube, so a lot of bang for your buck. It comes out as a gritty black substance, a bit difficult to apply without actually already trying to exfoliate. Left it on for the recommended time and did the exfoliating part in the shower. It left my skin very soft, minor bumps were a little less prominent, and my skin looked brighter. The day after I still saw the effect. Not earth shattering or something, but still enough for me to like it. Packaging is a bit strange, as you cannot really get the cap to close properly because of the grittiness of the mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jluce16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really smooths skin

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Freeman's is generally a good brand, and charcoal masks generally work pretty well. But, this didn't work for me. Made my skin feel clean, sure, but it actually somehow made my skin look...duller. I ended up just using it as a mild exfoliator for other parts of my body in the shower, which it works just fine as. I can't recommend this, I much prefer Freeman's pineapple mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cgarcia5

I tried the sample version of this product and I loved it. It left my face so clean and refreshing. I thought it would be too harsh considering I have sensitive skin but nope it was gentle enough to go on my face and it really gives you that deep clean feeling. I will buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jorrdanniccole

I bought this mask because I am a huge fan of the Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Mask. I saw this charcoal mask next to the peel off mask and it definitely sparked my interest. Charcoal and BLACK sugar? Sure, why not? After I washed my face, I dried it and started to apply the mask. The sugar makes it difficult to apply to the face (sugar clumps kept crumbling off). The mask kinda makes me look like I face-planted in the mud—it wasn't a smooth, full coverage mask like I had thought it would be. But whatever! I like it anyway! When the time came to scrub it into my skin, the sugar had dried thicker, and the scrubbing was VERY strong. Not necessarily harsh, but strong. I could see my skin getting very red where I was scrubbing, but it goes away after five minutes previous to rinsing. After rinsing, I immediately noticed that my black heads were practically gone! And my pores were much smaller. My skin was incredibly smooth with no dry, flaking skin left behind. My skin could breathe! As far as acne goes, I'll have to use this once a week for a few weeks in order to tell you. But anyway, I can't believe how flawless this product made my skin look and feel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot.

This is a gritty, grainy mask/scrub. I like it more as a scrub. I have combination/oily skin that can look dull sometimes, so every 2-3 days I use this in the shower. It can be harsh, so I scrub gently with my hands at first. if you have sensitive skin, I suggest that you leave this on for a minute or two before scrubbing; the sugar crystals will dissolve a little and the scrub will be gentler. The packaging is a bit of a pain - I have to slam it down on the edge of the tub for it to close. I still prefer it to a jar though.

I love what it does to my face, especially for the price, and I've already purchased a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I have a lot of masks by Freeman, but this is probably my favorite. I have oily skin, so I think that exfoliating is essential! This mask smells really good, but I can't describe it. It's a unique scent! I do use it as a mask, so I wet my face with water (preferably warm) and then gently apply it to my face. The water just helps it stick and leaving it on detoxifies the skin. I wash it off with warm or hot water, so that my pores are open and I get the nasty out. The real exfoliating takes place during this step because washing it off causes it to rub on the skin. If you have sensitive skin, I don't think this is for you. The texture is extremely gritty! I love the product, but the packaging needs work. Since it's so gritty, the cap on the tube can be hard to close, so just wipe off the excess and close it. It might take a few tries, but it'll eventually close. All in all, it's the greatest Freeman mask there is. Plus, it smells heavenly. It leaves my face looking smooth and polished, just as it claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by wxnne

I absolutely love it! After i use this mask, my skin feels soft and looks so much better. I use it once or twice a week, leaving it on for about 15 minutes and then gently scrubbing it off with water. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Liz318

I love this scrub!
My skin looks polished after using it and it deffinitly shrinks my blackheads. I also use it for spot treating my chin, I tend to break out a lot on my chin so I use it a few times a week on my chin only and once a week on my entire face.
I leave it on for about 10 to 20 minutes and then I remove it in the shower. I do have sensitive skin and this doesn't bother it at all.

It's deffinitly a holy grail product for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by SDR1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After seeing this product advertised somewhere, I was itching to try it. I looked in all kinds of stores with no luck. Even the small sample packs were sold out. I finally ordered it on Amazon. It arrived, I used it, and here is my opinion.

Meh. They really shouldn't call this a mask. It's a facial scrub. The end. I guess you can spread anything on your face, let it sit and call it a scrub.

Like every other scrub I've tried, it left my skin feeling smooth but that's about it. It did nothing for clogged pores or oiliness. I feel like the abrasiveness disappears after minimal scrubbing.

I wouldn't buy it again.