Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Facial Polishing Mask

4.3

Not tested on animals

sucrose, propylene glycol, carbon (activated charcoal), kaolin musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, cocos nucifera (coconut extract), zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract, psidium guajava fruit extract, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, carica papaya fruit extract, maranta arundinacea root extract, rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, santalum album (sandalwood) extract, macrocystus pyrifera extract, nasturtium officinale extract, aleurites moluccana extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, carbomer, fragrance (parfum), iron oxide.

on 8/3/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I never would have purchased this product if I hadn't happened upon these reviews, and I'm so glad I did! I've used the clay masks from Freeman in the past and been generally pretty impressed but whenever I saw this one, I'd think that a goopy sugary mask wouldn't do my oily, acne-prone skin any good. Wrong! I love this mask. It sloughs off dull skin like no other. It really smooths my skin out and makes it glow. I find it helps to keep my pores clear. I put on a thick layer and let it sit for about 20 minutes (I'm not sure if letting it sit makes any difference, but I do anyway) then I add a little water to my hands and give my face a thorough scrub, with little circular motions, before rinsing it off. It doesn't dry my skin out, like clay masks can, and I like the subtle scent too. Afterwards, my skin feels incredibly soft and I feel as if it lets my moisturizer do a better job. I have recommended this to friends and will definitely repurchase when I run out - I use it about once every 2 weeks. And to top it all off, it's super affordable! Hurray!

on 7/30/2015 1:34:00 PM

This is in no way a mask, but it's a terrific sugar scrub. I don't get the "warming" effect other people reported, but this is gentle and effective at cleansing the skin. Leaves my skin moisturized and clean with no tight feeling. I love the smell, and it fades moments after rinsing. I highly recommend this for those with sensitive skin. I use it every other night.

on 7/18/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Went through a whole bottle now I am on my second one. Well I use this about 2-3 times a week on days where I wash with an exfoliator and then I apply this and scrub it off in circular motions to really get in. I do really like it! It helps to clear up Acne quicker and my face looks like it is glowing and healthy and not dull anymore. It does make my face a bit dry because it feels sqeauky clean. But I like the interesting concept of this mask and will
Continue to use it

on 7/12/2015 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite face masks!
It's a very grainy, black charcoal mask that you can purchase in either a tube or a single use pack. This mask does not apply evenly, as it is so grainy. Once applied, the mask (in my experience) heats up just ever so slightly. I find this very relaxing! It doesn't really harden, so after it sits for a few minutes the instructions say to gently massage before rinsing off. This exfoliates the skin beautifully! After rinsing off, which can be messy, my skin feels really soft and is noticeably cleaner. I wouldn't use this very often because it can be drying if overused.
I will repurchase.

on 7/10/2015 6:48:00 PM

I was excited to buy this because of the positive reviews, but unfortunately it was a letdown. The first time I used this was fine but after a few uses it started to dry out my skin! To the point that the skin on and around my cheeks started to flake! I was really hoping for this to be a winner because I was a fan of their discontinued raspberry scrub. Not to mention the fact that this was a combination of charcoal and sugar. The hunt for a good scrub or at least one that works continues...

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.

on 7/9/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't get this work as a mask as it doesn't stick evenly but it works great as a scrub...
I wet my face first and apply a little,the sugars don't dissolve so you have to be careful not to scrub too hard....
Philosophy had a facial sugar scrub/mask years ago I loved,it was an oiler base tho...this is a decent substitute and you can't beat the price!

I was so excited to get this! First time I used it I was really happy although it did nothing. But a few days later I couldn't reach for it again. It smells so perfumy! A lot of reviews said its not bothersome but omg! I have acne prone skin and anything with a strong or even mild scent makes my skin react. It says in the ingredient that it has perfume. My skin was blotchy and red after I had washed it off (I wore it for twenty minutes as mask and then massaged it off with water) I thought it was because of the warming sensation of the pack. But its the perfume. I really wanted to enjoy it because its so soft and the warm feeling is soooo nice! Maybe I'll try it again sometime later.

on 6/23/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this scrub, it leaves my face feeling clean and unclogged without the harsh aftermath of red and raw feeling skin. I didn't like the smell at first but I don't mind it anymore, it's actually quite relaxing. I use this scrub/mask to exfoliate my face twice a week and I like how it doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin. For the quantity and quality you receive for such a small price, this product is truly worth a try. For a product that is sold in drugstores at such a low price, this product has better perks than most high end products. The ingredients are mainly all natural extracts from fruits and the scrub is cruelty free! This product was not tested on animals, it's packed with natural ingredients and it won't break your bank!

on 6/16/2015 4:25:00 PM

LOVE this product. I must say that it is difficult to get off after you put it on, but what I do is I usually use it before I shower and when I get in the shower I let the water take it off for me. I feel it is best that way. Overall, I am acne prone and I do have sensitive skin and this does not irritate my skin at all!

on 6/15/2015 10:40:00 PM

Mask, scrub... I really don't care. This is really good. I didn't give it 5 lippies because it is kind of messy to apply, but it's logical since it is sugary. I used it 2 times and I love it. Fantastic for blackhead removal. Skin is soft and clean afterwards.