September 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Photoready Skinlights in Bare Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

A bit about my skintone: MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff (fall/winter); Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude (fall/winter); EL Double Wear = Desert Beige (fall/winter); Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair; it Cosmetics CC+ = Light

Whew - if you made it through that - congratulations!

I saw a few recommendations on YouTube that mixing this w/ a long-wearing foundation can provide a lighter, brighter summer foundation so I used quite a few times this past summer w/ my EL Double Wear and it worked - I still had all the coverage I wanted thanks to the EL, but it wasn't as thick due to the Revlon and I didn't feel like a disco ball either. No breakouts. When set w/ powder and my UD All Nighter = lasted 10 hours (less than my EL, but still a decent amount).

Next I will try as a highlighter :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by kayben

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm in my forties and luckily never suffered from acne, even when I was a teen. This product is only one of perhaps five in my whole makeup buying existence (30+years) that broke me out. On top of that, it was glittery and looked poor in natural light. I'm thinking about re-purposing it to act as a highlighter for body parts like shoulders and shins, but I probably won't. I regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Finally...a good quality highlighter that I don't have to shell out an arm and leg for! Bare Light is a light beige color with a slight hint of pink to it, but definitely not as pink as the Pink Light shade. The quality of the shimmer: It's a very fine shimmer. No chunky glitter here at all, as with some other drugstore brands I've tried in the past! In fact, it's comparable to my NARS Multiple in Copacobana shimmer-wise (but not the same in color). I just pray that Revlon doesn't go and discontinue these just like they seem to do with all their other highlighters!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a barely noticable skin-toned highlight. its so gorgeous gives off that perfect glow look. i didnt like the price but its well worth it, it goes on smooth..i apply it with my e.l.f small stipple, ither on my cheek bones or all over my face lightly to give me an all over glow. this is amazing. will use up an repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Me: NW45
This is a really nice product to mix in with your foundation (especially, and as opposed to BECCA SSP when it comes to mixing) or on top of it for a very subtle lit from within look. Used sparingly it doesn't make me look ashy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by MollyDollDoll

It wasn't too shimmery and gave me a nice subtle illumination.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by janelee123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the bare light color and I'm personally a fan of shimmery makeup because my face is so dull and matte naturally. I have to say though that this IS shimmery and glittery and you really only need half a pea sized amount to look illuminated instead of like you're getting ready for a rave. I would most likely use this on days where I just want to put on some primer and no other blush or bronzer or foundation. The cost was around $13 I think at Bartell's Drugs and the size is okay, although I do think it might be a bit pricey for a simple type of makeup. It hasn't irritated my dry sensitive skin and for the bare light color it's basically no color besides the shimmers once you put in on your face. It's also a liquid foundation texture.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by dbabiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no clue what the hype is after looking through reviews I was soo excited to get this to only come home put it on and its too shimmery, on youtube there's reveiws saying it does not contain shimmer but YES it does and mostly my dry spots are nothing but shimmer idk if my dry spots are soaking in the moisture from the product and leaving shimmer behind or what but seriously not worth 13$

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product! As someone with oily skin, anything "illuminating" tends to make me want to run for the hills. However, this was kind of an impulse buy as I remember using Skinlights back in high school before they were d/c. I chose Bare Light because it looked the most natural/neutral. I have pink undertones so the Pink Light and Peach Light I think would be overkill, and the Bronze Light is way too dark for me this time of year. My favorite way to wear this is mixed into my foundation/BB cream. Using it under foundation eliminates the glow, and this wasn't strong enough as a highlighter for me. This makes me look glowy without being shiny or greasy. It would also work mixed into moisturizer on a bare-face day. I like how the skinny/flat tube fits into my makeup case without taking up tons of space. I'd say it is worth a shot!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by beautybaby44

I went to the drugstore and asked the clerk what the best foundation was and this is what she brought to me. It was 15 dollars. I discovered when I got home that it was a liquid illuminator/bronzer! I was disappointed at first, but now I like it. It gives a nice sun-kissed glow.