November 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Lipstick - Lime Crime - Babette

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Issewhitelaw

I was really excited to buy this product because I have a velvet one and it works very well on me and it's one of my favourite lipsticks I own, so I thought I'd try their opaque lipsticks and it was horrible, I chose Babette because I was attracted to the pinky-nude side to it, once I got it in the mail I was so excited but when I tried it on, it made the lines in my lips stand out , it was really dry(which I wasn't expected because i always read reviews before purchasing) and it was a really off coral pink tone and it looks like salmon but not a nice colour. I haven't worn it since I bought it, only to try on, the good side is it smells so so so amazing (like cake and lollies) but I don't see the use for it so I don't think it was worth the amount I paid for.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by kayry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so excited when I bought this lipstick only to be completely let down. The colour is great and has such a strong pigment but the formula is terrible. It's impossible to apply on my lips smoothly and dries and cracks within only 20 minutes. I feel this may be due to the vegan formula? But anyway it makes my lips look absolutely revolting!

I wish it was better because I am in love with the bold colour...

Definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Mehhh. I wanted to like this lipstick. I really don't though. I'll break it down for you.

Pros:
-Packaging is adorable
-Smells pleasant

Cons:
-Color looks very different in person than on the website. (I noticed this with the 2 other shades that I purchased as well.)
-Very drying
-Wears off easily
-Patchy application (I tried applying it out of the tube and with a lip brush, but neither way worked for me)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Coraldc

I was incredibly disappointed with this lipstick. It is very drying, so using a lip balm before application is a must. Although it is very opaque it doesn't apply evenly, therefore the only way I could get this to look decent was by applying it with a brush.

I was also disappointed with the colour - when I looked at the colour on the Lime Crime website it looked really pale and lovely, like a pinky nude. The lipstick I was sent was much, much darker than I expected, and rather than being baby pink it was more on the coral-orange side. Although the colour wasn't what I was expecting, it's still wearable and suitable for pale skin. Perhaps I got a bad batch?

PROS:
- It is very opaque, so getting a nice bright colour is easy
- It was inexpensive, I paid $29 (New Zealand dollars) from www.hikosencara-NZ.com
- The packaging is cute, not really my personal style and it does feel cheap, however I can see how it would appeal to a lot of others

CONS:
- Very, very dry formula - feels disgusting if a lip balm is not used underneath
- The application is patchy, but you can achieve a better result with a brush
- It looks terrible without a lip liner
- It wears off really quickly. I would say it lasts about 2 hours before you need to re-apply (this doesn't count eating or drinking - if you do either of these it comes straight off)
- When it wears off it leaves a really unattractive orange ring around the outside of my lips
- The Lime Crime brand has a bit of a dodgy reputation (which I only found out after a purchased the product). Search Google for "Lime Crime Scandal" and you'll find tons of dodgy information about the company

I'm so disappointed in this product, especially because of all the hype surrounding the Lime Crime lipsticks. I would not re-purchase or consider buying the other colours in this range

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I've been trying to get this one forever and finally found it on Amazon. The color is an intense Matte nude/peachy/orange shade. Not for the faint of heart. Lime crime is known for it's extremely intense pigment in their lipsticks even the light ones. I'm a huge exfoliating/balm queen and with this one on me it is dry so I did need to use balm. I love the blistex deep renewal. I did find I needed to use a nude or peachy/nude lip liner. NYX in Natural or actually the dark wonderpencil works pretty awesome. This color did tend to blur my top lip without definition. With the balm this then glided on to a beautiful peach/nude color. Perfect with the darker eye. Even with the intense color it is neutral enough. I have also experimented with a nude gloss. I love my pixie gloss from a small boutique in Chicago called MoJo spa. I also used Taramisu from NYX butter gloss and gave a little punch to this look. Especially for summer when you want a little more of a dewy look. I don't know if I will be trying the other colors but I will definitely replace this one when I've used it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Helzbelz25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate this colour!! It's too pale if you are tanned. The formula is nice but that pale orangey coral was a disaster on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by workingmdiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I was reading a makeup blog and came across a picture of a woman wearing this lipstick and was like,"I must have this"!! Of course, the blogger went on to say how the company reported being sold out of this shade, so I just went on over to Ebay and picked one up for $16!
It is a beautiful neutral color, a little on the pale side(I made up for that by first filling in my lips with MUFE aqua liner in c18). It DOES kind of show any dryness on your lips but I'm wearing it in the photo above, and it looks pretty smooth.
The packaging, hmmm, not very sophisticated. It looks like something a preteen would carry in their bag!
All in all, I really like this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by bbgold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a cute colour, great lipstick, highly pigmented with a smooth and creamy texture and finish.
I found it difficult to find places that stock these products in Australia and then I came across, Discount Beauty Boutique, life saver!

www.discountbeautyboutique.com.au/

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by rebeccagrand

i love this lipstick!
the formula is super creamy and goes on completely opaque in one swipe. it eventually dries matte and wears for a pretty long time for a nude-y color. (it is not drying either.)
the color is so nice - unlike any of my mac lipsticks. its kind of a nude-peach. not pale, but not bright, its so pretty and definitely worth the $16. definitely want to try more of lime crime's lipsticks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

I wasn't sure about this color. It is sort of in that weird nude area that gets a little dangerous for me. I wasn't sure if I could pull it off is what I mean. Well with a bit of tweeking (applying liquid foundation to lips prior to application) and careful full-face makeup consideration I can pull this off. The foundation is necessary for me because nudes can give me this weird "orange" halo around my lips, which looks utterly terrible.

The lipstick itself it pigmented, but can be streaky. The packaging is super cute and is probably what drew me to the brand. The lipstick color itself is not really all that special. I sort of wish I would have purchased Cosmopo instead, as it seems more unusual and perhaps more flattering.

I can't judge the quality of this brand from this one lipstick, but I got my lipstick in the mail on a very hot day in July and warped the lipstick by using it too soon. I tried to fix the lipstick by cooling it, but the bottom part when to permanent mush. I ended up depotting the lipstick and buying a travel lipstick brush. I think it applies better this way, but it is a bummer not being able to carry the quirky lipstick bullet it came in. I am curious to see if this incident was just because I got too excited about the lipstick or if this was a quality issue. I'm going to order Cosmopop when the weather is cooler and see what I get.

Overall this is a decent lipstick, but it isn't the best I've ever used....and I've used a lot. It is dry and patchy. The color is probably dupable and hard to carry off. Overall I just have to say this lipstick is a "meh" for me. Doesn't beat my favs Mac and Bite Beauty.