Lime Crime Babette

2.7

on 5/17/2015 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

When I first got this, it was a nice silky texture and looked good mixed with red lip tints. After a couple of uses it dried up and now it's super chalky. Since when do lipsticks "dry up"? What the hell is this business, Lime Crime? And why is it so damn light and over pigmented? It's like orange cake icing for your lips, and it smells like it too. Should be sold at a coin save. I don't trust Lime Crime at all as a business. (Even though I do like their glitter shadows I got for a gift, but I'm only human and I certainly wouldn't spend my own money on them) It also really exacerbated my dry lips, and showed up every flaky patch. It also came off everywhere throughout my day.

I'm mad.

on 1/29/2015 11:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I hate to give this two lippies... it's so popular so very hyped ... while the color is beautiful, the texture I find to be awful. It's so drying and so crack-ly on my lips, I really never reach for it because I find it so hard to wear. I used to own Geradium and liked that one much more -- it was much less drying on my lips than the babette, but still not as creamy as I had hoped for. I find a lot of these "youtube" brand lipsticks are really not that high quality.... I am now wishing I had not shelled out so much $$ for lime crime lipsticks and dose of colors. Just because a lipstick is high pigment doesn't mean it is high quality.

on 11/17/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was really excited to buy this product because I have a velvet one and it works very well on me and it's one of my favourite lipsticks I own, so I thought I'd try their opaque lipsticks and it was horrible, I chose Babette because I was attracted to the pinky-nude side to it, once I got it in the mail I was so excited but when I tried it on, it made the lines in my lips stand out , it was really dry(which I wasn't expected because i always read reviews before purchasing) and it was a really off coral pink tone and it looks like salmon but not a nice colour. I haven't worn it since I bought it, only to try on, the good side is it smells so so so amazing (like cake and lollies) but I don't see the use for it so I don't think it was worth the amount I paid for.

on 10/24/2014 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was so excited when I bought this lipstick only to be completely let down. The colour is great and has such a strong pigment but the formula is terrible. It's impossible to apply on my lips smoothly and dries and cracks within only 20 minutes. I feel this may be due to the vegan formula? But anyway it makes my lips look absolutely revolting!

I wish it was better because I am in love with the bold colour...

Definitely will not be repurchasing.

on 9/6/2014 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Mehhh. I wanted to like this lipstick. I really don't though. I'll break it down for you.

Pros:
-Packaging is adorable
-Smells pleasant

Cons:
-Color looks very different in person than on the website. (I noticed this with the 2 other shades that I purchased as well.)
-Very drying
-Wears off easily
-Patchy application (I tried applying it out of the tube and with a lip brush, but neither way worked for me)

on 7/7/2014 9:47:00 PM

I was incredibly disappointed with this lipstick. It is very drying, so using a lip balm before application is a must. Although it is very opaque it doesn't apply evenly, therefore the only way I could get this to look decent was by applying it with a brush.

I was also disappointed with the colour - when I looked at the colour on the Lime Crime website it looked really pale and lovely, like a pinky nude. The lipstick I was sent was much, much darker than I expected, and rather than being baby pink it was more on the coral-orange side. Although the colour wasn't what I was expecting, it's still wearable and suitable for pale skin. Perhaps I got a bad batch?

PROS:
- It is very opaque, so getting a nice bright colour is easy
- It was inexpensive, I paid $29 (New Zealand dollars) from www.hikosencara-NZ.com
- The packaging is cute, not really my personal style and it does feel cheap, however I can see how it would appeal to a lot of others

CONS:
- Very, very dry formula - feels disgusting if a lip balm is not used underneath
- The application is patchy, but you can achieve a better result with a brush
- It looks terrible without a lip liner
- It wears off really quickly. I would say it lasts about 2 hours before you need to re-apply (this doesn't count eating or drinking - if you do either of these it comes straight off)
- When it wears off it leaves a really unattractive orange ring around the outside of my lips
- The Lime Crime brand has a bit of a dodgy reputation (which I only found out after a purchased the product). Search Google for "Lime Crime Scandal" and you'll find tons of dodgy information about the company

I'm so disappointed in this product, especially because of all the hype surrounding the Lime Crime lipsticks. I would not re-purchase or consider buying the other colours in this range

on 4/13/2014 1:19:00 PM

I've been trying to get this one forever and finally found it on Amazon. The color is an intense Matte nude/peachy/orange shade. Not for the faint of heart. Lime crime is known for it's extremely intense pigment in their lipsticks even the light ones. I'm a huge exfoliating/balm queen and with this one on me it is dry so I did need to use balm. I love the blistex deep renewal. I did find I needed to use a nude or peachy/nude lip liner. NYX in Natural or actually the dark wonderpencil works pretty awesome. This color did tend to blur my top lip without definition. With the balm this then glided on to a beautiful peach/nude color. Perfect with the darker eye. Even with the intense color it is neutral enough. I have also experimented with a nude gloss. I love my pixie gloss from a small boutique in Chicago called MoJo spa. I also used Taramisu from NYX butter gloss and gave a little punch to this look. Especially for summer when you want a little more of a dewy look. I don't know if I will be trying the other colors but I will definitely replace this one when I've used it up.

on 10/29/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hate this colour!! It's too pale if you are tanned. The formula is nice but that pale orangey coral was a disaster on my face.

on 8/22/2013 12:46:00 AM

So I was reading a makeup blog and came across a picture of a woman wearing this lipstick and was like,"I must have this"!! Of course, the blogger went on to say how the company reported being sold out of this shade, so I just went on over to Ebay and picked one up for $16!
It is a beautiful neutral color, a little on the pale side(I made up for that by first filling in my lips with MUFE aqua liner in c18). It DOES kind of show any dryness on your lips but I'm wearing it in the photo above, and it looks pretty smooth.
The packaging, hmmm, not very sophisticated. It looks like something a preteen would carry in their bag!
All in all, I really like this lipstick!

on 8/21/2013 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Such a cute colour, great lipstick, highly pigmented with a smooth and creamy texture and finish.
I found it difficult to find places that stock these products in Australia and then I came across, Discount Beauty Boutique, life saver!

www.discountbeautyboutique.com.au/