April 20, 2014 | 926 users online

Hair Styling Tools - One 'n Only - Argan Heat Dryer

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first few times I used this dryer were great, I used a diffuser (it does't come with one) and my curls were bright and pretty. Sadly, that didn't continue. I think for my hair, the oil in the grill was just too much and my curls were pretty limp within an hour or so after using it. I don't use silicones or sulfates and I tried it with a few different products to see if they were just reacting to the heat or maybe I was putting in too much. One day I tried it with almost no product at all and still my hair went limp. BUT what I did find is that later in the day or on day two I combed my hair out and it was nice and pretty smooth so I got long waves. They did frizz a little, but not enough to bother me. It went back, because I want to be able to wear my hair curly as much as possible and I just didn't need that much moisture I guess. I had this for two months and used it three times a week or so, enough time to give it a good trial run. I'm happy this works for others because it really is a well made dryer, it just didn't work for me.

Probably best for:
Straighter styles that involve a brush (to disperse the oil evenly), naturally dryer hair that might need more moisture or has heat damage.

Didn't work so great for:
3a/b curls, hair that holds moisture, diffusing

PS- Mine didn't come with the little sample bottle of oil treatment, just the infused grill (also not sure how that works but I did notice a difference) but when I returned it I saw that they do now and make sure you keep your box and receipt just in case because Sally's doesn't take things back without those two things.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryViking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used cheap conair hair dryers and when yet another one broke down I decided to fork over some money for a better quality one. Sally's had a deal where if you buy the dryer you get a curling iron free, and I needed a good curling iron so I decided the $60 was worth it.

The dryer comes with a concentrator nozzle and a small sample of one n' only's argain oil. It's apparently supposed to have argan oil infused into the grill of the dryer, but I'm not quite sure how that would work but I can't say that it's readily apparent whether or not it makes a difference.

But regardless I tried the dryer and was amazed. My dry time was halved- maybe even quartered. The hot setting was hot and the cold shot button served up air that was actually cold (not just lukewarm like most). There are 2 switches, one for temperature (hot, warm cold) and another for airspeed (high low off) as well as the coldshot button.The air speed was remarkable as well, the low speed was like the high on all my previous dryers. The cable is of the swivel type and in my experience was not prone to tangling. I haven't used the concentrator nozzle much but when drying with a round brush it's especially helpful.

The dryer was simply awesome and it's especially apparent when I blow my hair straight. It's smooth, shiny and not frizzy at all.

I'm not sure whether I'd be willing to buy it for full price or without any deals on the side, but all I know is that this hair dryer is what dreams are made of. Now if only they made a diffusor accessory...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No