November 23, 2014 | 2134 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Soy Renewal Beach Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this beach spray for my 1b hair. I have very straight hair and I use this for volume and texture...not to make waves. Although, I do like to use it before curling my hair as well. It gives me that beachy, bedhead texture without it looking dirty and greasy. It works better for me to put it in wet hair and blow dry. The packaging is very convenient. Just spray it in your hair and there's no worry about getting product all over your hands. It is the best beach spray I have found. In conjunction with my Redken root lifter, it does miracles for volume and texture. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yeeeeessss...this is lovely! It smells of jasmine and coconuts. I really softens and texturizes but gives a little lift too which is great for this Texas girl. Also, I have wavy hair so this enhances that but I could totally see this being used for a hot tool protectant spray. I would just spray lightly if you are going to curl your hair and then spray this to make beachy waves...very lightly or it would kill your curl.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by katgolightly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I received this in a subscription box and it's just okay. It does give a more beachy look to my naturally wavy hair, but I find it drying. I prefer Josie Maran's Bhemian Waves hair mist. It at least leaves my hair a little oily which I figure is probably healthier for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I do get tighter curls on my 3B hair when I use this spray. I've used it on dry hair, which was not as successful as using it on wet hair, and it does tend to make my hair feel dry, which I counter by scrunching out with a glossing cream. For good second- and third-day hair, I spritz well with water and then top with a little of this beach spray, and crunch it out with the cream when it has dried. I do think it is overpriced, though, and will only buy it with some sort of coupon from Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Interesting and pleasant smell (something between a unisex cologne and the beach). Doesn't make my hair feel more dry, like some salt/beach sprays. The sprayer design works great. I have a love/hate relationship with this. (Love it if I scrunch it on to my hair WHEN IT'S STILL DAMP, and use it to help define my waves while it air dries.)

CONS: Here's the hate part: Flattens my curls horribly and makes my hair lose body if I put it on after my hair is dry. I really didn't get much separation/texture from this WHEN I put it on DRY hair.

ALTERNATES: Pantene Texturize Spray Wax or Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray (but it's very expensive).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a small bottle of this in my ipsy bag. While I don't care for the beachy hair look on me, this product deserves five lippies because it works great. Just a few sprays gave me long lasting soft waves that were not crunchy or dry. I was impressed. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants beachy wavy hair. And I have to mention that this smells like suntan lotion. Very nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The trigger sprayer is so much easier to use than pump sprayers. It smells just like the beach. It provides a ton of volume and curl. It does feel a little crunchy or dry but that is how hair is after a day at the beach. I love the look of salty curly hair and this spray definitely does not disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Angeleyesmdc

Love this stuff! It gives me wavy hair with great body and isn't sticky or stiff like mousse or gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by heykerrieann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. I've been growing my hair long all year. I don't have pretty waves to my hair, it's just straight and kind of frizzy. But when this stuff came along, my hair was changed!

I first bought it simply because it smelled good. It smells like tanning lotion and has a beachy scent to it. Then when I discovered how to use it, it became my favorite styling tool. It conditions with argan oil and adds texture. I need texture! So here's how I use it:

After I've washed and dried my hair, I spray it on, putting a good amount in there. Next I use some volume foam at the top and crown and twist them, fastening with a clip. I do this along the top of my hair. The rest of my hair gets twisted and clipped up. I let it dry that way for a while then let it down and let it air dry. Now you have instant beach hair. I just love it!