Sexy Hair Concepts Soy Renewal Beach Spray

4.5

Gives hair the perfect beachy waves without being crunchy or greasy, love it!

on 7/16/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this beach spray! It smells wonderful and works great, and my hair isn't greasy when I use it. I prefer to use it in damp hair as opposed to dry hair. I will definitely keep using this!

on 5/22/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this on dry hair and liked the results although my hair felt a tad dry. I then tried it sprayed onto damp hair and really liked the texture I had. It smells wonderful but light and the spray nozzle is easy to use. I also spritz on my hair when doing a braid to hold my hair in place. Perfect to use at the beach too.

on 9/24/2014 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this beach spray for my 1b hair. I have very straight hair and I use this for volume and texture...not to make waves. Although, I do like to use it before curling my hair as well. It gives me that beachy, bedhead texture without it looking dirty and greasy. It works better for me to put it in wet hair and blow dry. The packaging is very convenient. Just spray it in your hair and there's no worry about getting product all over your hands. It is the best beach spray I have found. In conjunction with my Redken root lifter, it does miracles for volume and texture. LOVE!

on 7/16/2014 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Yeeeeessss...this is lovely! It smells of jasmine and coconuts. I really softens and texturizes but gives a little lift too which is great for this Texas girl. Also, I have wavy hair so this enhances that but I could totally see this being used for a hot tool protectant spray. I would just spray lightly if you are going to curl your hair and then spray this to make beachy waves...very lightly or it would kill your curl.

on 12/4/2013 6:02:00 PM

I received this in a subscription box and it's just okay. It does give a more beachy look to my naturally wavy hair, but I find it drying. I prefer Josie Maran's Bhemian Waves hair mist. It at least leaves my hair a little oily which I figure is probably healthier for it.

on 10/19/2013 4:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I do get tighter curls on my 3B hair when I use this spray. I've used it on dry hair, which was not as successful as using it on wet hair, and it does tend to make my hair feel dry, which I counter by scrunching out with a glossing cream. For good second- and third-day hair, I spritz well with water and then top with a little of this beach spray, and crunch it out with the cream when it has dried. I do think it is overpriced, though, and will only buy it with some sort of coupon from Ulta.

on 9/28/2013 10:39:00 PM

PROS: Interesting and pleasant smell (something between a unisex cologne and the beach). Doesn't make my hair feel more dry, like some salt/beach sprays. The sprayer design works great. I have a love/hate relationship with this. (Love it if I scrunch it on to my hair WHEN IT'S STILL DAMP, and use it to help define my waves while it air dries.)

CONS: Here's the hate part: Flattens my curls horribly and makes my hair lose body if I put it on after my hair is dry. I really didn't get much separation/texture from this WHEN I put it on DRY hair.

ALTERNATES: Pantene Texturize Spray Wax or Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray (but it's very expensive).

on 8/21/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a small bottle of this in my ipsy bag. While I don't care for the beachy hair look on me, this product deserves five lippies because it works great. Just a few sprays gave me long lasting soft waves that were not crunchy or dry. I was impressed. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants beachy wavy hair. And I have to mention that this smells like suntan lotion. Very nice.

The trigger sprayer is so much easier to use than pump sprayers. It smells just like the beach. It provides a ton of volume and curl. It does feel a little crunchy or dry but that is how hair is after a day at the beach. I love the look of salty curly hair and this spray definitely does not disappoint.

Popular Styling Products