Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick

on 5/28/2015 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I generally love Bourjois products in general so was excited to try this. I decided to try Fuschia Libre as I don't usually wear fuschias. I loved the glossy look and the texture but it does wear off quite fast. I would buy it again but perhaps in a different colour.

on 2/11/2015 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have three colors: the fucshia, orange and red ones, and Iove all of them! It goes smoothly on the lips, add just the right amount of color, and last long! I like the bright but not too opaque color, so it's really good for daily use when I don't put too much makeup on but want to look fresh. Even after eating, the product still sits well on the lips, so you won't look funny if you forgot to reapply. However, the gloss fades quickly, but the lasting color pays off! Good value, good quality, they're my current fave!

on 12/27/2014 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great lipstick! I have it in the color Fuchsia Libre, which I find very pretty. This dark pink color is very bright and pigmented, and it doesn't dry out my lips. After the glossy finish is gone, my lips are left with a nice dark pink stain which lasts for a few hours. If I do want to reapply, it is very easy with these kinds of sticks as it doesn't need to be applied with precision. Another positive thing about the lipstick is that it has a subtle taste and smell which is not offensive.
One minor negative detail about the packaging is that the letters on the stick wear off quite easily when left in the make up bag for a long time. It doesn't affect the color, but it makes the appearance of the product a little cheap after a while, even though Bourjois is not that cheap where I buy it.

on 11/2/2014 12:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

These are some nice lip crayons. I've only picked up one, Fuchsia Libre, a nice dark pink. Bought this when it was on offer, as I wanted a new lip product for when I went to Italy. I am impressed! These are quite glossy, which I liked, though for those who want more of a matte, these might not be up your street. They give a nice colour payoff, and as previously stated, give a glossy finish. Sadly, the glossy finish does not last for a long time, certainly not the 10 hours it claims to last for, but when it fades, it given a nice, even coloured lip. However, I coupled this with the Maybelline Baby Lips underneath, and made it look extra glossy, and last longer. Also, it claims to be waterproof, and it survived persistent drinking well. The packaging is simple, nothing incredible, but nice all the same. This was 5 when I purchased it, and I think the price is decent. I do like this product, but I don't love it, to be honest. I'm interested to try out more lip crayons, but I would buy it again if it was on offer or new shades were bought out.
Tips: When using this, fill your lips on the side, to keep the tip pointy.

on 10/19/2014 6:29:00 AM

Aye carumba I love these lipsticks! A lipstick when you don't feel like wearing a lipstick if you know what I mean. I have purchased lots of backups in case they discontinue (the horror!) and the red is wonderful and glossy. Love them! Great price. Super easy to apply.

on 8/2/2014 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product as it was buy one get another half price on Bourjois products online. Normally I'm a huge fan of Bourjois products as I find them good quality, especially considering the price. But I'm just not in love with this product. I bought this lip crayon on "Peach on the Beach", which I thought would be a peach colour but when I opened the parcel I was dismayed to find a neon orange lip crayon. Thinking that it might look different when I applied it, I swatched it on my hand and on my lips - no still pretty neon! Granted it actually looks quite good with my brown hair and is appropriate for summer months as I like a bright lip but I'll never be able to wear this to work as I work as a teacher and I tend to dress conservatively. Don't get me wrong, it's not so bad that I'll never use it, I can make it work but I definitely won't be repurchasing. Maybe I just picked up a bad colour but I have noticed that most of the colors are very intense and not natural looking.

on 7/4/2014 1:25:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

LOVE!! I have this in Plum Russian and it's such a flattering, deep plum colour for my fair complexion (NC15). It's a lot more hydrating than I expected and is so easy to apply. I don't know that it lasts 10 hours as claimed, but it is definitely long lasting and, when it does fade, it remains even. No horrible line around the lips or dryness. A very subtle scent, but nothing yuck or overpowering. I can't speak for the formula of the other colours, but Plum Russian is wonderful!

on 5/17/2014 5:41:00 AM

It's a beautiful lip product ! Honestly I've tried revlon lip butters , hydrating lip sticks frome stee lauder and I can say with absolute conviction that this is the only lipgloss that hasn't given me ; 1) feathering , 2) start fading from the inside of your lips , 3) give that white line on your lips , 4) dried up!

It's perfect!

on 5/12/2014 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is another product from Bourjois that I'm really impressed with. Usually I do not buy drugstore brands because I find the colours to be too tacky and cheap and/or the smell puts me off. This however is great. I am using the colour 'Fuschia Libre (02)' and it is THE BEST shade of fuscia for me (NC 15-20, GA Luminous Silk #3, NARS Gobi, skintone). It totally livens up my face and makes me look bright, happy, alive, full of energy, and as if i have slept a good 10 hours. It's as if this lipstick was 'made for me'. It really does wonders for me. I also love the fact that it stains my lips as it fades (evenly). It is very lightweight and feels like i have nothing on. Very low maintenance lipstick which I'm loving. Speaking of smells though, I will admit there is a slight plasticy smell to this which I dislike very much but the good part is it dissipates very quickly so I can overlook it.
I use this with a pink blush like the Bourjois #4 (Sweet Dreams) Cream Blush, eyes are minimal with only liner and mascara, and voila - fresh lively face transformation!!!
I hope they never discontinue this shade otherwise I'll be crying (literally).

on 4/14/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in the color Peach on the Beach. The color is really nice, even though on my lips it comes out as a pretty bright pink, rather than peach. Not so much coral. I quite like the color, however I don't think it's hydrating enough. If I were to compare this to Clinique Chubby Stick, then the Clinique Stick are much more hydrating, I don't need to use a balm before applying the chubby stick. While with Bourjois ones, I tend to apply a balm before applying the lipstick (or lip crayon, whatever they position this to be). The good thing is that, compared to Clinique chubby stick, the color lasts much longer. I don't need to reapply as much. Overall, I don't really like the Bourjois lipstick that much. I bought this mainly because I wanted balmy lipstick or tinted lipbalm, but feel like this is just like a regular not really moisturizing lipstick.

Top Rated Bourjois Products