April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Lips - Bourjois - Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by stl

I bought this in the color Peach on the Beach. The color is really nice, even though on my lips it comes out as a pretty bright pink, rather than peach. Not so much coral. I quite like the color, however I don't think it's hydrating enough. If I were to compare this to Clinique Chubby Stick, then the Clinique Stick are much more hydrating, I don't need to use a balm before applying the chubby stick. While with Bourjois ones, I tend to apply a balm before applying the lipstick (or lip crayon, whatever they position this to be). The good thing is that, compared to Clinique chubby stick, the color lasts much longer. I don't need to reapply as much. Overall, I don't really like the Bourjois lipstick that much. I bought this mainly because I wanted balmy lipstick or tinted lipbalm, but feel like this is just like a regular not really moisturizing lipstick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I tried really hard to love this. I had heard so many good thinks about these lipsticks, so of course me being me I had to jump on the bandwagon but am left rather disappointed.
First of all, I have had this lipstick for about six/seven months now and have barely touched it, because I dislike it so much. In the beginning I tried hard to work with it but it just wouldn't.
I have this in the shade 'Peach on the Beach'. The main reason for purchasing was that I was going on holiday and I thought that it looked nice and peachy and summery and once I had a nice bit of tan this would fit in nicely (not that I tan very much at all!)
I think my first mistake was that I didn't bother to swatch in on my hand. If I remember correctly, it had appeared that the first few lipsticks in the display had all bit mangled and opened and were gross so I just picked the first properly sealed one and hoped for the best. I'm usually a little nervous when it comes to peachy or coral toned colours when it comes to my skin tone because I can't always wear them well much to my disappointment.
Anyway, on first application I already knew I didn't like it. For starters, it isn't even peach, its orange. Orange does not go well with my alabaster skin and red hair. Just no. Also, it was really tacky and not nice to apply or feel on the lips.
Not only this, the tube quite clearly advertises the product as lasting for ten hours. I'm not stupid, I didn't honestly believe it would last ten hours because lip products rarely do, especially glossy ones. However, I would expect it to at least manage two or three hours, but it was already practically gone within an hour and I hadn't even drunk anything.
Overall, I love Bourjois as a brand, but sometimes they get it very wrong. I will not be repurchasing and probably won't bother with any of the other shades either.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by claredelalune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing such good stuff about these lip colours, I decided to buy them. I have to say, although I'm impressed with the hydrating & staying power, I'm really disappointed with the colours. The red is a bit too orangey, the pink isn't pigmented enough. I ended up giving mine to a friend. I recently found Natio's Smoothie lip colours that look identical but are available in so many more colours, and nicer colours. At the moment I'm using 'plum' which is lovely. (I think Natio is only available in Australia, so sorry those who can't find that brand...)

I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bourjois says "with it's melting formula, Color Boost leaves a radiant veil of color on the lips with just enough shine and transparency to enhance each shade. It's sensory, light, and non-sticky texture produces pure color, a glossy finish. The lips are smooth, dressed in color while keeping the bare lips sensation. All these colors remain long lasting without smudging!" The Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks are available in 3-4 permanent shades, depending on your country. I'll be reviewing Orange Punch. This lip product has an added bonus of SPF, and it claims to be waterproof for up to ten hours. Each of these jumbo lip pencils contains 2.75g (.1oz) of product. Here in Australia the Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks retail for $15-16, but I got mine at Priceline on special for about $11. Bourjois claims to not test on animals. This lipstick was made in Italy.
Packaging for Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick is pretty standard for a jumbo lip crayon. This lip product is housed in a chubby, color matched plastic tube with a silver twisting mechanism for a base. The cap snaps firmly onto the tube. The color name and number can be found on a label on the cap, which peels up to reveal a full ingredient list. The Bourjois logo, product name, and a few claims are printed on the tube in reflective silver lettering. Product scrolls up and down easily. Packaging is recyclable.
I'm a fan of Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick. Are they really waterproof and wear for ten hours? Lol no. But are they awesome otherwise? Heck yes! The Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks formula is extremely lightweight and gel like; the way they glide onto the lips is marvelously smooth. On the lips these lipsticks feel slick and moist, but not slippery. Color payoff is sheer but slightly buildable - no matter how many layers you apply it'll remain translucent. This lip product has decent wear, about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, though the glossy finish dies down after about an hour. I can't detect a scent or flavor in Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks.
Though the color selection for Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks is limited, I think it has one of the most solid offerings in the drugstore. Each shade is beautiful and shares that amazing glossy, translucent finish. Click here to see my girl MakeupTips' swatches of all four shades offered in Australia. On the skin, Orange Punch swatches a little more pink than it really is. However, on the lips, Orange Punch plays with my natural lip color to become a slightly reddish orange with just a touch of pink to it. I don't believe there is any shimmer in this shade.
I really like Bourjois' Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipstick in Orange Punch. I feel like I like most of the jumbo lip crayons I try, but Bourjois' offering is a little different, its much glossier than similar products on the market. The texture of this lip product is really pleasing. Wear is average. I really like the translucent but pigmented color payoff of this lipstick. The Color Boost range is small, I'd love to see it expand (two limited edition shades are out in England at the moment), but it currently offers four beautiful basic options. Between the perfect sheer, summery orange, and effortless application I've been reaching for this lipstick all the time. If Bourjois is sold in your country, you need to check out the Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Maroko

i really like this 'lipstick'; it has good color pay-off, doesnt feel sticky and lasts quite a while. i only have one at the moment: red sunshine, i might be buying more in the future

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in number 3, Orange Punch. I was basically looking for a cheaper replacement for the Mega Melon Chubby Stick I got from Clinique as a sample but which has since run out.

I love it. It is the same as Clinique in that it is purely a glossy lipstick and doesn't stain (like the Max Factor ones), but the pluses are that it has a faint fruity smell which is far more pleasant, and the price!

It's not the exact same colour as the Mega Melon, it's a little brighter but on me it's not too orange at all. Peachier tones suit me well, and this gives me the perfect 'pick me up' colour. I love that I can reapply whenever, it doesn't dry out my lips and is really easy to apply with no mirror.

I love the packaging too - it's the same as the Clinique bar the lid which is not transparent. The lid stays on and it winds up from the bottom.

I want to go back and buy the whole range - but they've been sold out everywhere! I really wanted Peach on the Beach but actually, this one suits me really well so I'm pleased.

Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the colour 01 Red Sunrise (coral red colour). It's a bright, sheer colour, but buildable. Applies very easily and smoothly onto lips. It does not contain shimmer, not too glossy but does impart a shine, sort of like a lipbalm. I usually apply a thin layer of this, and lipgloss over for a very pretty, bright but sheer look. Smells faintly of berry, very nice. Does not feel dry on lips (i have very dry lips and this is fine on).

I love the twist up design, no sharpening needed here! The packaging is very pretty, feels good quality. The cap fits the pencil perfectly and is made of pretty thick plastic so will not crack with use. The packaging reflects the colour of the product which is lovely and convenient.

Definitely worth buying all the shades :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Xokimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this on a whim and I absolutely love it. I am going back tomorrow to grab another as a back up. It is so smooth and balm like on the lips with amazing color pay off. It reminds me on Christian dior addict in Candide which was limited edition. A soft pale pink with bright coral hue. Very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

I think this might be my HG lip product! Okay I applied this at ten, brushed my teeth, and cried and didn't have to touch up till the afternoon like three! Really is waterproof and had an amazing colour payoff! I got the colour red sunrise and settles nicely. Applies nicely wasn't sticky at all felt matte on not shiny. Does stick to dry spots but most do anyway! This is the most long lasting product I've found and you don't need to apply much to make it last! Perfect for nights out as well!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Jazzodiamond

Love love these! They don't dry your lips out at all, they last ages and look amazing. I have already had so many compliments from people who have then gone and bought it themselves!