August 20, 2014 | 1098 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nip+Fab - Glycolic Fix

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never trusted this particular brand, but I wanted to add some kind of glycolic acid to my skincare routine and since I had read only raves on this product, I went and bought myself a tub.
I have to say that I'm allergic to glycolic acid, my skin just can't tolerate it without irritation, redness and itchy bumps.
This product is one of the best tolerated ones I've ever used. One pad, thin as it is, is enough to cover my whole face, and the scent is lovely, I can smell the blue daisy in it. It leaves my skin looking shiny and feeling tacky, so there is no way I could wear this under makeup in the morning, but that's ok, I like to use it at night after washing anyway.
I tried going to sleep with it on, but my face started getting the usual irritation and itchiness so what I do now is put it on after washing, and keep it on for as long as I can. I noticed my threshold is getting higher and higher, so hopefully I'm building up to tolerating it until morning. When I start feeling the unmistakable itchiness, I wash it off and apply my regular moisturizer. I guess this is called short contact therapy.
Even so, it works. I am prone to hormonal acne, and ever since I started using these pads, I haven't had any. My face looks smoother and brighter, and my foundation applies better.

I love this little inexpensive gem, and I will buy again, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been having a lot of problems with hyper pigmentation lately. Concealers haven't been covering redness and dark spots as well as I'd like, and the heavy applications have led to more clogged pores and blackheads, not to mention ending up accentuating fine lines.

I had been wanting to buy a new glycolic product for awhile, but some of my masks and such already have some glycolic in them and considering the price for a lot of glycolic products, it just wasn't a high priority.

I came across Nip + Fab at Target and saw this product. This was the last jar of pads they had on the shelves and at $12.99 I decided to go ahead and give it a shot.

These pads are really thin. The first time I used it I accidentally used 3 pads at once because they were really stuck together and I didn't realize how thin they actually were. At first I was dubious because of this, thinking that I'd need to use more than one pad. On the contrary, one pad is really all you need for your face. I use a second my my neck.

My skin is rather susceptible to irritation but this product does not irritate my skin at all. In fact, it's rather soothing and calms my skin immensely without leaving my skin feeling dry or tight.

The scent is fresh and light and not overly chemical.

When I use this consistently, once a day, my skin feels and looks smoother, brighter and diminishes redness and dark spots.

I'm really bad at remaining consistent with products, and for awhile I stopped using this cuz I was trying out some other products, but I am back to using this regularly because nothing else I've used has worked as well at improving my skin.

I highly recommend this product. It's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by idlejo

I love this product. Really does help improve the condition of my skin, feels smoother, clearer and brighter. Also, seems to be regularly on offer so works out quite inexpensive although definitely worth the full price anyway. I'm currently very impressed with the Nip & Fab range which I discovered by accident. Seem to equal if not better results of far more expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by farahana

For its price I think it's a good deal because despite the small size and thin pad you get, using one for the whole face is more than enough. The active ingredients in it: 2.8% Glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid and blue daisy. So this really got a good combination of mild exfoliation from the glycolic, hydration from the hyaluronic and soothing from the blue daisy.
Using it for the first time I don't have any bad reaction and no irritation, it smells and feels so fresh and it just the perfect thing to have on skin after a long day. This remind of another point, I was told that this can be worn once daily... and I think it should be fine as long as you don't pile on other exfoliating stuff with it. I personally wear this twice or thrice weekly and sometimes followed with Benzoyl Peroxide as according to dermatologist, this is like a gold standard combination to combat acne. And let me tell you, it work! I feel my facial skin rejuvenates and de-congested and the spots and acne just heal waaaayyyy faster than usual. Definite obvious improvement in smoothness even after 1st use, more so after a few use. As I usually follow with a mask after exfoliator, I don't do the same for this, since for me mask can be exfoliating as well and this pad is just good enough. I was told that I don't need hydrating mask after glycolic treatment. Just follow with your serum and moisturizer. I love using this especially when I just don't need to bother to do the whole 'spa' like treatment with scrubs, mask, etc... Very convenient!

Currently I am discovering more glycolic-base product since supposedly patent expiry, glycolic stuffs become more readily available than before. But again, from a consumer point of view, be careful of the current market as companies know women are into glycolic these days, they just slap on 'glycolic' on just about anything... Now foundation containing 'glycolic' wouldn't sound right, right?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've only been using this for about 14 days but I'm already seeing a difference. My skin is smoother and looks brighter. Also the few milia I have around my cheek/eye area are starting to pop out! I apply this morning and evening after cleansing, I typically leave on my skin for about 15 minutes or so (sometimes more) before applying moisturiser. This product has improved my skin texture in a matter of weeks. I'm going to update in a little while but for now it's a definitely five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are amazing - I've been looking for a glycolic acid product for a while and I'm really glad I found these. I have dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin. I leave it on my face for about 15 mins before adding moisturiser.
Improvements:
-They have really improved my overall skin tone, I have a lot of problems with hyper pigmentation but it is starting to fade.
-I also normally get hormonal breakouts but this time I didn't even get one spot and I think it is because of these.
-I usually get dry flaky skin at the sides of my nose and even with the best moisturiser they never went away but after I have started using these the problem is just gone.
-Fewer clogged pores/blackheads
-Skin feels MUCH softer and smoother.

Only disadvantage I've found is that they are expensive, around 12.95 for 60 which if you use two a day will only last a month. But as one other reviewer suggested, you can cut in half which I'm going to start doing from now. I used them twice a day for the first couple of weeks but now I think I'll cut back to once. (However these are really not as expensive as most other glycolic acid products!)

I would definitely recommend these - just remember to wear an SPF when using them

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ryapapaya

I recently incorporated a chemical exfoliant into my routine and I can't get enough. This product is gentle on my sometimes sensitive and acne prone skin while still yielding great results. In just the few days I have been using this product I have seen my overall complexion improve, acne marks are slowly healing and my skin is brighter and WAY softer.

The tub comes with 60 pads I think? You can easily cut these in half and still have plenty of product for your face. AND THE PRICE!! So. Cheap.

Bliss makes a product very similar to this but Bliss puts some potentially irritating ingredients in theirs and charges like 5X more!!

I can't wait to see what my skin is like when I finish the Tub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by saramason111

I've been using this for 2 months. I wanted a glycolic acid product not in cream form. I use this once a day every day, but only at night after I cleanse my face and before applying my Paulas' Choice C15 serum. The pads are the right texture to remove any residual make-up (but don't use this on your eyes!). It is very gentle and provides just the right amount of daily exfoliation. My skin is clear, moistened, and some spots have faded. I will be repurchasing when I run out soon. Once a week I do use the Alpha Hydrox 12% souffle at night to do a deep exfoliation. I was using it more often but it was too much, that's why I switched to the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by natmc13

Nip+Fab do great quality products that work. I got these Glycolic Fix pads for just over £8. You get 60 of them and only need to use one every other or every 3nights. My skin is smoother an my small lines reduced, also small scars from spots have vertually gone and also breakouts have been reduced!! Because you use them every 2-3 days they will last you 3-4months! Great alternative to paying £45+ for a peel. x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Key Ingeidients:
+ Glycolic acid retextures + resurfaces
+ hyaluronic acid moisturises + refreshes
+ Blue daisy soothes + calms
I can't find the full ingredient list online (searched blogs, target, boots etc) I'll have to write them down when I get home and post them later.
I purchased this at Target on sale for $8.49. So far, I've used this for three days total (I use this every other day) and noticed a significant difference in my skin.
Skin Concerns: Primary: Oily, clog prone. (I will always have oily skin with a few clogs on my cheeks and forehead at all times). Secondary: Reactive and moderatley senisitive. (I will get initial skin irritations from products/chemicals). Adult Hormonal Breakouts: (I will get a few pimples 1-3 the week before and during TOTM).
Because I have reactive skin, I read everything I put on my face. For the longest time, I assumed it was Glycolic Acid that was causing reactions (Raw skin with breakouts). I went to seek help on MUA skin care board and a Mua'er insisted it wasn't the Glycolic Acid causing it but a different ingredient in the product. I was leery for some time due to three different Glycolic Acid products from different brands caused similiar reactions. Conclusion: It wasn't the Glycolic Acid because this particular product doesn't make my skin worse.
Usage: I don't use this per product description which is 1-2x daily because my skin is moderately sensitive. I use this every other night.
Results: Many pores became unclogged. Skin appears brighter and more even toned. No breakouts.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No