Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix

4.4

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat. (SD Alcohol 40-B), Disodium EDTA, Globularia Alypum (Blue Daisy) Extract, Panthenol, Lactic Acid, Parfum, Limonene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Linalool, Geraniol, Citral

UPDATE: I have used this for 1 month now and am happy to say I've had like 4 pimples, and coming from someone who would get double that and more a month that's miraculous. A couple of days ago I found a BOGO at CVS and bought the Nip + Fab Glycolic scrub and the glycolic gel cleanser. After a couple of uses I can say I really like those as well. I will never be without this line of products. Seriously , what are you waiting on, your skin will thank you.

I don't have any holy grail make up or skin care products, I tend to run out of something and try something different. This, however, is now my holy grail skin care product. I have had problems with my skin since hitting puberty, blemishes, oily, large congested pores, the works. These pads have changed all that. My pores, while still fairly large (nothing will change that) are clearer, thus making them less noticeable, my skin actually glows, and the best thing NO BLEMISHES even during TTOTM. I have used this for 1 month now and I couldn't be happier. The wipes do have a smell but it's nothing that bothers me. They don't burn at all. My dry patches have completely vanished. Did I mention no blemishes, seriously I was trying to think back to the last time I could say that I did't have atleast one pimple and I can't even remember, probably before puberty. My face is unbelievably soft and smooth feeling. The ONLY downside I can see is they do make your skin a little sticky. I have never tried to apply my Bare Minerals powder over it but I dont think it would apply well, liquid might be perfectly fine, I just haven't tried either, but it's not a problem since I like to use the wipes at night before bed. Again, I just cant say enough how much I love these.

As a sidenote, I've read some moisturizers, with a higher ph than the glycolic product you're using, can neutralize the acid. To get the most out of the glycolic acid it's recommended to wait at least 30 minutes before moisturizing.

My routine:
Very gentle wash with Garnier Charcoal Scrub
Dry face completely then apply Nip + Fab wipes
Let product dry 10 min or so then apply Nip + Fab Glycolic Serum
Wait 30 min then moisturize

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

As someone with sensitive, dehydrated combination skin that's actually oily in the cheeks and dry in the forehead contrary to almost everyone, it's taken me such a long time to get my skincare right, but I finally have. However, after finding my perfect serum + moisturizer combination, my skin was still uneven and a bit bumpy, with very large visible pores. I took it to twitter to ask Ms. Caroline Hirons what would she recommend and she said (unsurprisingly, because I read her blog) acid toning would be the answer but not too strong because of my sensitivity. The most recommended option were the FAB pads, but they're very expensive and not available here, so I came across the Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix range at the drugstore and thought "yes!".

I have been using these pads now for a month and a half, only at night because of my sensitive skin, and the results aren't miraculous, BUT they're visible. Although the skin remains a little red and sticky right after I use them, I continue with my skincare routine as normal and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels super soft, even-toned and the bumps in my cheeks have been reduced considerably to the point that there are barely any. I don't know how this would work out if I used it twice a day but I don't wanna risk it and honestly I am willing for it to take longer if the results continue being as good as now. Definitely recommend and would buy again!

on 5/5/2015 8:38:00 PM

My HOLYGRAIL skincare range! I'm so so happy I discovered these, they were half price along with the cleanser so I bought back ups too. Since I've been using these along with the cleanser and scrub, I've had so many compliments on my skin about how its so smooth and glowing, even have male friends asking me what I use lol! Most negative reviews just seem to moan after a day or week well I'd say give it a good 2 weeks to a month to see real results, you need to give it time have realistic expectations ladies! I hope they never discontinue this range!

on 5/3/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am really happy I found this product. I just about gave up on chemical exfoliation. I tried clinique mild clarifying lotion but didnt notice a miraculous difference and so it became another mundane toner. The clarins brightening exfoliator was just too heavily fragranced for me and the high amount of alcohol burned my skin. The clinique turnaround radiance renewer broke me out terribly ( I think I was allergic to the acid they use). The Paula's choice 2% BHA liquid was so tacky, sticky and just plain awful to apply and lastly, the dermalogica skin renewal was very expensive but I also didnt notice a big change.

Unfortunately FAB and Pixi glow tonic is not available in South Africa. I saw this and bought it on a wim. I didnt have any expectations. I got the glycolic fix pads which contain 2.8% glycolic acid. I figured this would be more gentle than the 4% serum.

I have been using this for 2 weeks now (only at night). The difference is subtle but pleasant. My skin is more smooth and even toned. I use less foundation in the morning and am able to skip concealer. I have dry skin ( and its winter now in South Africa) and this has controlled my pesky flakes around my nose. Its not plastic surgery in a jar but it does what it promises and for a drug store item that is marvelous. I believe the price is very reasonable if you buy this in the UK but I paid quite a bit extra due to import charges etc ( but still cheaper than dermalogica).

I have fairly ok skin, normal pores and no acne scarring. I only have a few sun spots on my nose so I dont know how this will fair to improve those problems but I do think all skin types will benifit, but I think this will definitely be a product to use for the long haul (because it is so gentle) if you want to see any improvement in scars or pigmentation. I actually want my husband to use it (he has oily/ acne prone/sensitive skin) and see how it works for him.

These facial pads are definitely worth a try... Im keen to try the serum next.

on 4/27/2015 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've repurchased and purchased backups of this product. It's amazing, I have dry, sensitive, normal - oily t-zone. My clogged pores are cleared, skin is smooth and bright. I looove this product. I went from using 8% AHA to this which is 4% - it's so much more effective and not as harsh. I only use it 2-3 times per week as my skin is sensitive. Been using it for 2 months now. Those who have used PTR and have gotten great results with those pads may not like this product as it's weaker 4% AHA.

I love these! And I felt compelled to write a review because I feel as though a lot of the low-rating, "meh" reviews came from people who had unrealistic expectations of this product.

The pads have a fairly low percentage of glycolic. Low enough, in fact, that some even use them twice a day. I use them once a day, and they're perfect for my sensitive skin. The people who commented "meh, I saw nothing" and then explained that they prefer their MUAC peel-- of course the MUAC peel is going to be more noticeable, and if your skin is hardy enough to withstand a heavy-duty peel, a super mild one like this isn't going to make much of a difference. But if you are either looking for a beginner AHA product or if you just want something gentle (ie you have sensitive skin, or just prefer milder AHAs for daily use), these pads are great. I definitely notice that my skin is smoother when I use them vs when I don't.

Really wanted this product to work but sadly it broke my combo acne prone sensitive skin out in very painful small white heads (not my normal variety). The packaging doesn't leak and keeps pads moist, the pads them self didn't leave a sticky residue for me either. Only used it for 2 days before seeing breakouts so I can't comment on whether it actually made a difference in my skin. I used them in the morning after cleanser but before HA/Moisturizer.

on 4/11/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought this recently because of all the raves on this website. I really thought it was going to be something incredible. First time I went to cvs they didn't have it so I got the scrub. Nothing special. Went to a different cvs last week and found these so I bought them. Not sure about the price but I know they weren't cheap. After using them for a week I see absolutely no difference whatsoever. Lately I've noticed some fine lines from stres and small scars on my face from picking at zits. I was hoping this would get rid of them or at least lighten them, but no, it did nothing. I use them after cleansing my face to remove any left over traces of makeup. That is really all they are good for, and needless to say, I will not repurchase. There are much better products that actually work.

on 4/5/2015 7:17:00 PM

Bought a package of these pads because of all the positive reviews. And honestly, they're really not all that great. Big MEH. They leave an unpleasant sticky residue after usage, and the results were not impressive either. I see some minimal smoothing and brightening in my complexion, but there's not enough of a difference for me to keep using these. I much prefer First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Pads, or PTR's Unwrinkle Pads. Or an at-home peel by MUAC for some serious results.
These Nip+Fab pads are inexpensive, which is nice, but they are packaged in the cheapest flimsiest screw-top jar I have ever seen. Seriously bad packaging, I find that the top doesn't always screw back on properly and sometimes it will pop right off. That's a problem, it's a jar of pre-soaked pads that will dry out if the container isn't closed right.
Basically, this is a cheap product that is OBVIOUSLY cheap. Many times, an inexpensive product has blown me away by being super-effective and giving me amazing results. Unfortunately, this was not one of those times!
There are a lot of similar products out there (Origins, Bliss, Dr. Dennis Gross MD, Peter Thomas Roth, FAB) that gave me better results. Tried this because I was curious, but I will not repurchase.

on 3/29/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Just WOW. I went to CVS for a weekly trip to see what's new, and came across these. I whipped out my phone and checked MuA immediately and almost everyone was RAVING about this product, and I can definitely see why.

I have dealt with very unfortunate acne for 6 years now, and while I still get plenty of breakouts here & there, I am mostly at the stage where I am looking to fade my scarring. I don't have "ice pick" scarring, but some definite redness, hyper-pigmentation, and smaller dents as well. I started just using these pads for a couple nights. I choose not to use them during the day, or if I do, just in the am before I shower and my day 'starts'. they leave a tackiness on my face that doesn't really disturb my makeup over top of it, but I prefer to start my makeup base without any stickiness.

I have never understood why people would ever use the word "plump" to describe their skin. I just didn't get it, until I woke up the first morning from using these pads! My skin is softer, smoother, plump, and my makeup application is to die for because of the results from this product.

I have integrated their overnight serum as well, but I have only used that for maybe 3 nights so far. I'm so floored by the results of the glycolic pads that it might be hard for me to see any better results with the serum, but I will continue to use it and will most definitely update. I also have a friend who normally has beautiful skin but may be going through possible signs of rosacea, and is having redness around her cheeks. I have recommended these and she's starting to use them, so I will update this on her behalf too!

Long story short/tldr; If you're browsing the skincare isle of target or CVS and are curious about this product, take a chance. Of all the skincare products I've used, continue using, or have given up on for my stubborn skin, I can tell this product is here to stay. It's only 12.99 for 60 pads at my local CVS at well.

Popular Treatments (Face)