September 16, 2014 | 1757 users online

Treatments (Face) - Nip+Fab - Glycolic Fix

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

these treatment pads from Nip+Fab truly are fabulous. i needed a chemical exfoliant that wasn't in gel or cream form and this product fit the bill. i've taken the advice of fellow MUAers by cutting the pad in half, and i find using just half of 1 pad after my evening cleanse, every other night, to give me the best results without irritation. my skin is combination/sensitive/reactive and these pads do not cause any discomfort. my pores are refined, any remaining PIH from cysts have begun to fade, the few blackheads on my nose have started to vanish, and my tone is more even generally. there were a few breakouts starting on my chin and this product eradicated them before they even had a chance to form. these pads are both affordable and effective. i'm looking forward to trying the rest of the Nip+Fab Glycolic line.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by leilamasumi

Oh my god! This product is amazing! I have suffered with acne for awhile now and I recently discovered Nip+Fab in my local drugstore and I'm the type of person that if I see a celebrity use it, I MUST try it! I recently saw Kylie Jenner post a picture on her instagram of some products from the Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix line and how much she loves it (i don't know if she was endorsing). But I decided to give it a go and introduce glycolic acid in my skin care routine and it's the best decision i've ever made! I love this product! It makes my skin feel soo smooth, it helped me clear up my acne and it prevents it! I have also seen my acne scars fade and heal faster! I am so impressed with this product. If you live in Canada though - for me it was so hard to find - but they only sell it at Shoppers Drug Mart for $14 I think?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by TerryG559

I came across this product and thought it would make some whopping big difference to my skin, my skin lately has been getting more breakouts, with tiny pumps and noticing a few scars setting in here and there. When I tried this out it was totally useless, instead my face looked more red with itchy marks because it made me scratch that hard my skin was sensitive to it, also there were a few new spots! I'm now using biocorrex in a powder and I see and feel a real difference as my skin irritation has gone down as well as my acne! Really over the moon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is sensitive and prone to mini-breakouts (mainly hormonal) I am 30 and i have fine lines and enlarged pores. I exfoliate regularly but i need something slightly stronger. This does the trick. At first, it made several tiny colorless bumps (pimples?) come out (after 2 days of use) but went away after 4 days. I use it at night only, and i apply my moisturizer about 10 minutes after it. One pad is fine for the face. I have 60 days worth of products for 12$ (in Canada) that's seems to be fair.
My skin looks more luminous, the pores smaller, and my makeup holds better. I am very very satisfied so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never trusted this particular brand, but I wanted to add some kind of glycolic acid to my skincare routine and since I had read only raves on this product, I went and bought myself a tub.
I have to say that I'm allergic to glycolic acid, my skin just can't tolerate it without irritation, redness and itchy bumps.
This product is one of the best tolerated ones I've ever used. One pad, thin as it is, is enough to cover my whole face, and the scent is lovely, I can smell the blue daisy in it. It leaves my skin looking shiny and feeling tacky, so there is no way I could wear this under makeup in the morning, but that's ok, I like to use it at night after washing anyway.
I tried going to sleep with it on, but my face started getting the usual irritation and itchiness so what I do now is put it on after washing, and keep it on for as long as I can. I noticed my threshold is getting higher and higher, so hopefully I'm building up to tolerating it until morning. When I start feeling the unmistakable itchiness, I wash it off and apply my regular moisturizer. I guess this is called short contact therapy.
Even so, it works. I am prone to hormonal acne, and ever since I started using these pads, I haven't had any. My face looks smoother and brighter, and my foundation applies better.

I love this little inexpensive gem, and I will buy again, for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been having a lot of problems with hyper pigmentation lately. Concealers haven't been covering redness and dark spots as well as I'd like, and the heavy applications have led to more clogged pores and blackheads, not to mention ending up accentuating fine lines.

I had been wanting to buy a new glycolic product for awhile, but some of my masks and such already have some glycolic in them and considering the price for a lot of glycolic products, it just wasn't a high priority.

I came across Nip + Fab at Target and saw this product. This was the last jar of pads they had on the shelves and at $12.99 I decided to go ahead and give it a shot.

These pads are really thin. The first time I used it I accidentally used 3 pads at once because they were really stuck together and I didn't realize how thin they actually were. At first I was dubious because of this, thinking that I'd need to use more than one pad. On the contrary, one pad is really all you need for your face. I use a second my my neck.

My skin is rather susceptible to irritation but this product does not irritate my skin at all. In fact, it's rather soothing and calms my skin immensely without leaving my skin feeling dry or tight.

The scent is fresh and light and not overly chemical.

When I use this consistently, once a day, my skin feels and looks smoother, brighter and diminishes redness and dark spots.

I'm really bad at remaining consistent with products, and for awhile I stopped using this cuz I was trying out some other products, but I am back to using this regularly because nothing else I've used has worked as well at improving my skin.

I highly recommend this product. It's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 9:21:00 AM More reviews by idlejo

I love this product. Really does help improve the condition of my skin, feels smoother, clearer and brighter. Also, seems to be regularly on offer so works out quite inexpensive although definitely worth the full price anyway. I'm currently very impressed with the Nip & Fab range which I discovered by accident. Seem to equal if not better results of far more expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by farahana

For its price I think it's a good deal because despite the small size and thin pad you get, using one for the whole face is more than enough. The active ingredients in it: 2.8% Glycolic acid, hyaluronic acid and blue daisy. So this really got a good combination of mild exfoliation from the glycolic, hydration from the hyaluronic and soothing from the blue daisy.
Using it for the first time I don't have any bad reaction and no irritation, it smells and feels so fresh and it just the perfect thing to have on skin after a long day. This remind of another point, I was told that this can be worn once daily... and I think it should be fine as long as you don't pile on other exfoliating stuff with it. I personally wear this twice or thrice weekly and sometimes followed with Benzoyl Peroxide as according to dermatologist, this is like a gold standard combination to combat acne. And let me tell you, it work! I feel my facial skin rejuvenates and de-congested and the spots and acne just heal waaaayyyy faster than usual. Definite obvious improvement in smoothness even after 1st use, more so after a few use. As I usually follow with a mask after exfoliator, I don't do the same for this, since for me mask can be exfoliating as well and this pad is just good enough. I was told that I don't need hydrating mask after glycolic treatment. Just follow with your serum and moisturizer. I love using this especially when I just don't need to bother to do the whole 'spa' like treatment with scrubs, mask, etc... Very convenient!

Currently I am discovering more glycolic-base product since supposedly patent expiry, glycolic stuffs become more readily available than before. But again, from a consumer point of view, be careful of the current market as companies know women are into glycolic these days, they just slap on 'glycolic' on just about anything... Now foundation containing 'glycolic' wouldn't sound right, right?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've only been using this for about 14 days but I'm already seeing a difference. My skin is smoother and looks brighter. Also the few milia I have around my cheek/eye area are starting to pop out! I apply this morning and evening after cleansing, I typically leave on my skin for about 15 minutes or so (sometimes more) before applying moisturiser. This product has improved my skin texture in a matter of weeks. I'm going to update in a little while but for now it's a definitely five stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are amazing - I've been looking for a glycolic acid product for a while and I'm really glad I found these. I have dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin. I leave it on my face for about 15 mins before adding moisturiser.
Improvements:
-They have really improved my overall skin tone, I have a lot of problems with hyper pigmentation but it is starting to fade.
-I also normally get hormonal breakouts but this time I didn't even get one spot and I think it is because of these.
-I usually get dry flaky skin at the sides of my nose and even with the best moisturiser they never went away but after I have started using these the problem is just gone.
-Fewer clogged pores/blackheads
-Skin feels MUCH softer and smoother.

Only disadvantage I've found is that they are expensive, around 12.95 for 60 which if you use two a day will only last a month. But as one other reviewer suggested, you can cut in half which I'm going to start doing from now. I used them twice a day for the first couple of weeks but now I think I'll cut back to once. (However these are really not as expensive as most other glycolic acid products!)

I would definitely recommend these - just remember to wear an SPF when using them