July 25, 2014 | 964 users online

Blush - Bourjois - 37 Rose Pompom

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also posted in the Bourjois general blush review but am reposting here in case someone is specifically looking for this color.

This blusher changed my opinion about powder blusher and pigmentation. Have been going for cream blushers as so many YT gurus say they are better for dry skin and they also like sheering out heavily pigmented blushers. Went to pick up the Bourjois Cream blusher in 01 and the SA gave me a makeover. She used the Cream Blusher and kept insisting that sheering out the blusher makes dry skin flakes more apparent. Finally, I allowed her to try the powder blusher and she chose 37 Rose Pompom, a very girly peachy pink with a slight shimmer that I would have never chosen for my NC25 yellow undertone skin. Wow, it was so pretty the way she applied it - like a natural flush but not overdone. And it didn't make my complexion look muddy or emphasize hyperpigmentation like so many pinky blushes do on me.

The SA explained that these heavily pigmented products are not good for dry skin and she was right. I actually like that the blush is so hard and you have to scrape at it with your brush - it means you won't end up with too much product.

Took off one lippie for the heavy fragrance, which is totally unecessary and can cause irritation. I like the small packaging as I never finish color products anyway so why do we need such huge sizes. However, for the price per gram, this blush is comparable to a department store blush so I feel it is slightly overpriced considering the basic packaging. The little brush included is a waste and also unhygienic to store after using on top of the product. Good useful mirror, which could be better if they included a topper instead of the brush so the mirror didn't get dirty with blush powder. Price in Hong Kong is $118 (about US$15.30).