September 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Mascara - Julep - American Beauty volumizing mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best thing about this mascara is the beautiful bottle and the great brush. That's it. It separates and defines lashes beautifully but it does not lengthen or volumize. It's good for a natural and understated look. My main gripe is that it smudges A LOT! I literally had black circles under my eyes. People thought I was sick. This mascara requires a lock n' seal type product over it in order for it to be wearable. For this price, that's too much of a hassel. I received this in my monthly MAVEN box. This isn't something I would purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this with one of my monthly Julep boxes. Added no visible length or volume and barely made my lashes darker. Also the formula seemed to be on the drier side, I was unsure if the wand even had a decent coating on it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara with my box a while ago. It is a great mascara. It really separate the lashes and gives a great, natural look. I also like the brush because it really help to apply the mascara without it smearing everywhere. However, I was hoping for a more dramatic look, and this mascara is not as dramatic as I thought it would be. Also, it smudge a little on me, and I'm not in a really humid or hot environment. I however have a tendency to do that with mascara, so it's not only Julep, but i'm actually pretty disappointed that it does smudge. Also, the mascara hold a curl without problems and I love the packaging.

All in all, this is a great mascara if you're looking to improve your natural look. If it ever goes on sale, try it, you'll probably like it, BUT it's too expensive at the 24$ that they sell (regular price). I don't think it's worth more than a drugstore mascara, around 10$.

I will not repurchase, but if someone want to swap for something I want to get rid of, or if I see it at 50% off or more, I'll probably buy it again, just because.