Sonia Kashuk Ideal Nude Nailpolish

4.6

on 9/15/2012 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This polish has been sitting in my collection for years and it's probably discontinued by now. Because of the new 'nude' nail trend, I picked it up and tried it out--it's my new favorite color. With one coat it looks super natural, two coats and it looks nude. I use a top coat so do not know about chipping or durability based on polish alone.

I don't recall the price paid. The packaging is okay. The metallic cap has tarnished and the brush is just ok--nothing to rave about. The polish itself is thin, but hasn't dried up in who knows how many years since I first bought it.

For my skin, this color is much better than OPI salmon sand (my only other nude to date). OPI is a bit lighter and more opaque.

on 7/20/2005 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

After reading all the great reviews I had to try it. I was not disappointed. This polish is sheer, but it goes on evenly and with no streaks. The color is beautiful. One coat gives me a clear-but-better look. Now that I'm tanned I use two coats and the look is very elegant on my medium/olive skin.

on 7/11/2005 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Chips almost immediately and looks bad by the end of the day. Love Sonia Kashuk nail colors in the bottle (and usually use d/s brands for nails anyway), but the quality of these is way too low.

on 6/27/2005 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This really is the ideal nude. I was afraid it would be too dark, but it goes on very sheer. Unlike other sheer polishes though, it also goes on evenly. It looks like you're not wearing any polish, but it covers little imperfections in the nail. It only looks good as a single coat, though; two coats look terrible.

on 6/14/2005 12:19:00 PM

In the store lighting, this looked identical to OPI's Dulce de Leche, but at half the cost (retail).

I am very, very impressed with this polish. It wears incredibly well -- as well as or better than my OPI polishes, even with the abuse my hands take. It's a lovely neutral that gives a very professional look.

on 3/21/2005 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this polish! One coat works for me (fair skin) and it goes on beautifully. Lasts long & has a nice shiny clean look to the finish. Will definitely repurchase!

on 3/12/2005 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been looking for this forever and a day!!! I have light/medium olive skin and dark hair and sometimes nude polishes are too light. This is the perfect shade for that innocent healthy glow you want on a nail. Really nice!! It goes on easily and does not streak and is really shiny. LOVE IT

on 2/21/2005 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hi guys, after reading the reviews on this color I had to get it. I'm always searching for a pretty nude. The problem is I'm fair skinned and everything looks orange or brown on me. Much to my dismay, this too looked too brown, but it went on beautifully. I'll try another color.

on 12/21/2004 2:53:00 AM

I really liked this nailpolish. I'm very fair, and one coat looks like my natural skintone, though two coats is too brown for my liking. I would repurchase.

on 11/7/2004 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this perfect nude color - i have tried almost every nude or sheer pink out there, and this really was what i was striving for. A creamy neutral nude that looks somewhat sheer. I have darker skin but it still shows up beautifully (very subtly) on my nails. It is great in consistency, not streaky as the others can all attest. I love the chic bottle too - her line of products looks very high-end even though they are priced at drugstore level.
this is a staple color - if you want a clean, elegant nail, this is for you! And it looks great on short nails, which is all i ever wear!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products