Bobbi Brown long wear cream shadow stick in "Shadow"

on 8/29/2013 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This shadow was quite a disappointment. The pigmentation was bad, I had to swipe it several times to get a decent deep colour. The colour seems to start fading within a few minutes after application. It's weird. I used it to give depth at the corners of eyes. At end of the day, my lid colour was still there (LM orchid caviar stick) but the corners have almost disappeared. It gets 1 lippie because its a high end product and I expected more.

on 7/23/2013 7:55:00 PM

First of all, if I could rate this a 3.5 I would have. Its not good enough to be a full 4 but I don't think its bad enough to just be a 3. WIth that being said, this shadow stick from BB is a cool, medium slate grey color, a color that I love and wear constantly on my eyes. It is light enough that you (I) can wear it under my lower lashes for a subtle, sophisticated smokey eye. Its also very convenient to do a thick line of this on my lids to serve as an eyeshadow. (I have somewhat hooded lids so the shadow on just my lids doesn't have to be perfect to look pretty good). The color suits me and brings out my grey blue eyes

The downsides to this particular color is that it is the OPPOSITE of longwearing. Even over NARS primer it slips in the crease of my eye and drips into my eyes. and it STINGS badly. Its very uncomfortable when this happens. I have another one of these shadows in Bark (chocolate brown) and it doesn't do this. It also stays on longer.

The other downside is that its near impossibly to blend to a soft edge without giving my a brush burn. I find that using a pale grey powder shadow to soften the edges works the best.

I also wish it wasn't quite so wide. I wish it was a tad narrower at the top to make it easier to apply as eyeliner on lower lids as well as easier to get on your top eyelid in the way you want. Its a bit like using a crayon to put on eyeshadow.

So I cannot say that I recommend this color. Her other colors stay on better but I still wish the shape of the head was thinner. LM caviar sticks are better and they cost less.