Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream For dry, sensitive skin

4.6

Water, glycerin, petrolatum, dicaprylyl ether, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, cetyl acohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, PEG-30 stearate, tocopheryl acetate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dimethiconol, benzyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, glyceryl acrylate/acrylic acid copolymer, propylene glycol, disodium EDTA, sodium hydroxide.

on 7/3/2015 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Cetaphil Moisturising Cream is a simple, but effective moisturiser. It doesn't battle against wrinkles or give you a facelift, but if you are looking for a unscented moisturiser that delivers effective moisturising results on dry and flaky skin types, that is affordable and isn't overly greasy or heavy on your skin then you've come to the right place.

I've been using this twice daily for a little while now, and not only does my naked skin look noticeably more radiant, but it hasn't flaked at all. I haven't changed any other product in my skincare regime. Since using this I haven't suffered from additional breakouts, or had any itches or rashes on my dry and sensitive skin.

Cetaphil Moisturising Cream gets extra brownie points with me as it is not just for the face - it works well on other body parts for me, especially used as a hand cream.

on 4/13/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the most moisturizing cream I have ever used on my face. I absolutely love it in the winter months when my skin is on the drier side. There's no scent so it won't irritate the skin. The only things I don't like is how 1.) it is in a tub. With it being in a tub, if you keep sticking your fingers into it, it can be a bit unsanitary. Also, it is a pretty deep tub, so if you stick your fingers into it, if your nails are long, it will get under your nails which is a bit annoying. 2.) you have to wash your hands as soon as you apply this because it will burn your eyes if you rub them. Other than that, it is overall a great product and my skin is extremely hydrated every time I use this.

on 3/28/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have the sanitary three ounce tube. I use this cream as a daytime moisturizer, over a serum. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and it's sufficiently moisturizing for my dry skin. It blends easily and it works well under makeup.

PROS: Light and silky consistency for how moisturizing it is. Great consistency for slapping it on real quick after the shower. The price is right. Fragrance free. NEVER bothers my very sensitive skin. This is keeps my usually dry heels nice.(see app. tips below) I would think it would work great for things like eczema or very dry skin that needs sort of a barrier, along with moisture.

CONS: Not in love with the packaging in a tub, but I'm not sure they could put this formula into a pump and have it work. Has parabens. (They used to not have them, but they added them in now.) I'm not sure this would be good for the face due to the high concentration of petrolatum and dimethicone. Maybe it would work if you don't have any trouble with clogged pores.

ALTERNATES: They have a lotion version as well, which is, of course, lighter in texture (but it actually feels kind of oilier and heavier than this). Cerave also has a cream. This Cetaphil one has a lot higher concentration of dimethicone and petrolatum than the Cerave does. The Cerave cream has ceramides and hyaluronic acid in it, where this Cetaphil doesn't. When initially put on, this Cetaphil feels silkier, with more slip than the Cerave. But once you wait a couple of minutes, the Cetaphil side actually is just tackier, while the Cerave is smoother.

APPLICATION TIPS: You could actually use this as an eye cream, as well, for night time. I put this on my feet at night time right before bed. Or I like it all over, right after the shower.

on 3/23/2014 2:16:00 PM

I got the huge tub of this stuff for 10$. It lasted for 3 years. I threw it out eventually because it couldn't be sanitary. I only used a tiny bit once a day after washing. Never broke me out. Recently bought again and used twice a day. I started getting more black heads and pimples. When applied lightly and not often it keeps my skin moisturized and happy. It has never irritated my sensitive skin. I wish I didnt have to stick my fingers down into the tub, but its not a big issue. I use it on my body if I run out of my other lotion, and it does a great job.

I use this almost exclusively in winter. I have the cream and lotion. Fragrance free, absorbs easily, no greasy feeling, no breakouts. The price is higher than many drug store creams but worth every penny. I haven't gone a day without it, almost, since high school. I receive compliments on my skin often enough to assume it works well. My mom has severely dry skin and this is basically all she can use. For under makeup, just give it a minute or two because it's thicker than a lotion, but if winter for you is as bad as for me, you'll be very happy. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This cream is perfection. Gives me perfectly hydrated/moisturized skin without turning my face greasy. I use it day and night, and my skin loves it. I recommend it for everyone who has been struggling to find a moisturizer that works. A friend of mine used it last winter for her dry chapped hands (they were so dry it actually looked like burns! with severe discoloration), and it restored her hand in less than a week. Another thing I like is that a little goes a long way. You don't need to layer or reapply. I use it in the morning before I apply my makeup, and my skin stays soft and hydrated for at least 10 hrs. As a tip, when your skin feels really dry and you feel that the moisturizer needs to give you more hydration, mix in a pea size drop of the Cetaphil gentle cleanser, it makes it more intense. That is my winter moisturizer booster.

Popular Moisturizers