April 19, 2014 | 1704 users online

Conditioner - Nexxus - Hydra-Light Weightless Moisture Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Scent is light, sort of breezy, beach, slightly clean smell. Sorry that I'm not great at describing scents. Fantastic for my very dry but very fine hair. Conditioner is very light, but I use a deep conditioner on the weekend and use the leave-in foam in this line, so it's perfect for my very fine but very dry hair.

CONS: Wish the conditioner came in a pump. Not the cheapest.

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to lightly towel dry my ends before applying this and then leave it on for a few minutes.

ALTERNATES: John Freida Full Repair line is nice for damaged/fine hair as well, but I only really like the shampoo/conditioner in that line, NOT the styling products. Tresemme Split Remedy (shampoo/conditioner only) is pretty good too (but I sometimes have to clarify the cones out of my hair after using the conditioner. But it's more inexpensive that this Nexxus line.) The leave-in conditioner and the root-lift mist are the real stars of the line for me. The leave-in is the only leave-in I can use without weighing my hair down. I was quite impressed. I use the leave-in in conjunction with using this conditioner after shampooing. The root mist is fantastic.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

This stinks! (literally) I like the matching Hydra-Light Shampoo, but this conditioner is horrendous.

PROS:
- Um.... [insert Jeopardy theme]... Oh, it doesn't break me out

CONS:
- Smells rancid/chemically, like melted plastic or crayons (yuck!)
- Too pricey (paid almost $14 at CVS)
- Average, run-of-the-mill conditioner (I have thin, fine hair so I don't need much conditioning or moisturization, but still, this seems just ho-hum)
- Didn't provide volume or fluffiness to hair
- Packaging - the conditioner's texture is like a thick lotion, and the design of the bottle makes it hard to dispense
- Did I mention the scent???

I will utterly, wholeheartedly, absolutely, undoubtedly not purchase this again. It conditions, but so do 924892 other brands/types of conditioners. BOO :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

This conditioner is light and does not weigh hair down but it is not particularly conditioning.
Also, I was disappointed that my hair got oily just as fast as with my other conditioners that condition better. FYI, I have color-treated hair. I might buy it again but it is definitely over-priced at $15 for 13.5 oz.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Snosand

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My ends are dry. Not extremely but enough to have me seeking products with moisture. I recently cut off almost all of the dryness but I still have about an inch left. I've been using Joico Moisture Recovery which I love but I wanted a product without protein so I could alternate.
First the scent is really nice. A light clean scent with a hint of citrus. Not overpowering.

I used this with the matching shampoo. Oddly enough the shampoo made my hair feel great, clean and smooth. I never used it alone as I always use conditioner. Once rinsed out everything seemed great. As my hair dried (air drying) my ends felt as if I had applied a beach spray, even with using my usual detangler. Now my hair did have lots of body and no frizz. I was actually shocked at the body from just air drying. Usually hair is pretty flat if I don't blow dry.
My concern was that the sea salt in the 2 products would eventually cause dryness either all over or more on my ends. The sea salt is the last ingredient on the list so I thought it might no be problem but from the first use and following uses it proved to be a problem.

I didn't rate this lower because I did get nice results and I don't think this would be considered even a medium moisture product. More for someone that needs just a touch of moisture. If you have any damage or dryness I would buy this from a place you can return just in case.