April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Scrubs - Philosophy - The Gingerbread Man (scrub)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenesaisquoifashion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best product I have ever used. I love this scrub! It works well and smells so good, not like gingerbread but the best scent ever. It smells like ginger and lemon and over all just fresh. I smell good for a while and it gives very soft skin. I recommend this!

Please read my fashion and beauty blog!

www.jenesaisquoifashion.blogspot.com

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by steffoinnh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great basic body scrub. Not oily at all, doesn't melt in the shower, and smells really clean. Next time I might try a more interesting smell though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the previous reviewer, this smells like ginger and lemon. It's light and pretty, but not gingerbread. I like it, though. The salt particles are fine and densely packed, so a little goes a long way. It is not as oily as other scrubs, but still softens skin well. It didn't sting or grate on my skin at all when rubbing it around, but did a good job at getting the rough patches off. Great scrub, just not as Christmas-y or gingerbread-y as I was hoping. $25 at Sephora, which is not cheap, but worth it. Good scrubs seem expensive these days, anyway. I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lovely scrub for chilly mornings. I first got this scrub as a Christmas gift last year and I loved it from the first time I used it. The scrub has a spicy ginger scent with a hint of lemon. Not gingerbread, which is somewhat disappointing to me, but still very nice and invigorating. I love the way the scrub gives me a warm sensation as I rub it onto my skin. My knees and elbows are always left smooth after I use this product. I also like to gently scrub my hands every once in awhile to exfoliate them. The scrub is neither too gentle nor too harsh, nor does it disolve too quickly as you use it. One of the best Philosophy products out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE the gingerbread man!!! This is a must have for every fall/winter! It is such a comforting,yet refreshing scent. The scrub itself is just right. It does not leave you with an oily mess, and it probably leaves my skin the smoothest/softest out of all the scrubs I have tried out there. Packaging is adorable and the product should last a long time. Note that this scent is not really the smell of gingerbread (No sugar/baked good type of smell).....Its just the perfect scent of ginger =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has a gorgeous scent, and leaves my skin perfectly soft, clean and polished. Some salt and sugar scrubs seem to dissolve to quickly to be effective, or leave an icky, oily residue on my skin. Not so with the ones I've used from Philosophy, which also have adorable packaging. I did deduct one lippy because the ingredient list contains some toxic items.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2008 8:38:00 AM More reviews by PoppiesForThePirates

PRICE : $25 for 20 oz

WHERE TO PURCHASE : Sephora, Nordstrom, skinstore.com, philosophy.com and various department stores and boutiques

OTHER NOTES : I first bought this back in 2002 and it was wonderful! Well worth the money. It made my skin like silk and the shower a very enjoyable experience. The smell is wonderful, like ginger ale and brown sugar! It got all of my dead skin off and my elbows were smooth for the first time ever. The formula must have been changed, because the last two times I purchased it (after years of not using it), it's totally different than it was in 2002! It does NOTHING. At all. I might as well rub a piece of paper on my skin. I'm finding a lot of Philosophy products are not the same as they used to be. Maybe something to do with Christina selling the company? They're probably using cheaper formulations and ingredients. Don't waste your money on this! Get some large sea salt, cane sugar, brown sugar and add a few drops of oil (like jojoba) and call it a day. Or Google "dry body brushing"! My (new) favorite way to exfoliate my body skin. And free (minus the brush).

INGREDIENTS : Sea Salt, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-10 Dipalmitate, Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Plankton Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Algae Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract, Caramel, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by makeupisfunyeah

The smell is alright, not like a cookie, more like just plain ginger. Not a gingerbread man. But I'm alright with the smell of ginger, it's very spicy, and the scent doesn't last very long which i appreciate. The scrub is very effective, and leaves my skin very soft. I especially like to use it before i shave my legs. It leaves them much softer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by mirjanala

I do not like the scent of this scurb. It doesn't smell like gingerbread at all. In fact, I think it smells like Coke or Pepsi! The grit is fantastic and the fact that it is not oily is a big plus. There are way better scrubs out there, that cost a lot less and perform much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by NSK2419

I use my gingerbread man twice a week and my body loves it!
It keeps my body very soft and I feel great afterward. You can feel the difference right away as you put on the body lotion.
Worth buying!!