August 29, 2014 | 1747 users online

Powder - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Extreme Control

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Mhrn10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS COMPACT POWDER!! It really does whatever they are saying, they doesn't cloges to my pores, they hold my oily skin! The only problem is the price :( why it have to be freaking expensive?? Just why

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by muamua19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin over my T-zone and this powder does wonders to keep the shine away. I love that the powder is very finely milled - in fact it's one of the finest powders I have used and it goes on very naturally and is buildable as well with the compact sponge provided. It started really well with up to 5 hours of oil control and then my face somehow got used to the product and started becoming shiny after 2-3 hours. Having said that, it gives me more shine control than other foundation powders I have tried (Bobbi Brown, Clinique).
During winter when my skin is dry and a little flaky, using the powder only emphasizes the dryness. It doesn't go on as smooth. As my skin is quite oily, I don't have problems with lines or wrinkles but I can see that this product will definitely accentuate any fine lines.

I have started using Jurlique's dusting powder under my Dior foundation powder and after and it has definitely kept me shine free for longer. It does give a very matte look over dry-normal areas of my skin and can make it look very dry and flaky.

I find that this product doesn't last very long and it is pricey given that I have used it up in up in about 2.5 months. (My Bobbi Brown one lasted close to 5 months with a compact sponge.)
The product can look cakey if it is being reapplied throughout the day. It also has a light floral scent which may or may not appeal to everyone.

Overall, it is a good powder with excellent convenient packaging (powder puff by the side and mirror included) and effective oil control but it should only be used if you have super oily skin and want a very matte look which will get dewy as the shine becomes more apparent through the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

i'm asian and i live in a hot and humid climate - any kind of foundation or bb cream in summer is not my friend. this powder foundation claims to be an 'extreme wear and oil control matte powder makeup' and i have this in shade 020. I have combo skin - my T zone oils up like CRAZY especially given the kind of climate i live under, but the periphery of my face is dry. The SA says this powder has a special formula where it adjusts itself according to the need of my skin - that it will control oil on the oily part of my skin, yet won't dry out my skin on the periphery.

Pros:
1. This powder is so finely milled and makes my skin feel baby smooth after applying it.
2. Blurs out my pores.
3. Does what it says, only need to re-blot 2 times a day (with other powders i need to blot at least 3 times a day).

Cons:
1. Freakishly expensive.
2. Have to be careful when reblotting because it can give a cakey look.
3. Has a perfume-y makeup smell (which I find pleasant and makes me feel expensive but people who are sensitive to odours might not like it).