November 25, 2014 | 958 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Pretty Rebel palette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going against the grain here, as much as I wanted to love this palette I just don't...I adore the colours to look at and appreciate the pretty stunning packaging but this palette just isn't cutting it for me.

I bought this for the shades Totally Fetch (Hot pink - love it), Badass and Girly which both just end up muddy looking on me. The shadows are smooth and apply easily with good colour pay off I just find they blend quite muddy looking and on my eyelids the khaki just goes murky brown and the shade Badass doesn't show up as blue but more of a dark gray. For reference I have quite fair skin NC15 and lighter in winter.

Comparing this palette to UD Vice 2 and UD Ammo - there are many colours which are very close dupes or dupes and Guerlain Les Roses has a very similar pink to Totally Fetch - so my Pretty Rebel will be sent onto greener pastures where a sister or friend is sure to use and enjoy this way more than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I love fun colors but I also need a couple of everyday neutrals. If that's what you want, grab this palette. This is also one of the reasons why I prefer this over my naked 2 palette. I can create fun looks, the bright pink is a bright fun color. There's also deep shimmer blacks and blues for smoky eyes, and a few Warm toned neutrals for a natural everyday look. The pigmentation is great and none of the colors are not as good as the others. The cute packaging is a plus. Highly recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This palette is LE so I am writing this now as a PSA before too many of you let it slip through your fingers. I have 3 other Too Faced palettes (Smoky Eye- the original, not the reformulated one that's out now- Natural Eye, and Romantic Eye) and the quality of shadows in this one is by far the best. TF's shadow textures just keep getting better and better! Natural Eye is pretty buttery smooth and blends well, but Pretty Rebel beats even that! Not a chalky, powdery, or unwearable shade in the bunch. And the pigmentation is off the charts! I am going to upload some swatches. Dainty (the lightest shade, on the bottom in the pic) is the only one that is swatched heavily, the rest are very lightly swatched. And you can bet that these shadows won't budge, crease, or fade once you're done blending. I know this palette is expensive and I wish it came with a brush or a primer but I think it is worth it especially because it's LE. I got it during the VIB sale thankfully but I would've paid full price anyway.

When I first got this I was worried it wouldn't be wearable for day- I've been on a natural makeup kick over the last year- but surprisingly there is lots you can do with this palette from natural to wild. The four shades on the left make a super natural but well-pigmented day look. Even Girly and Instigator together are pretty good for day if you're ok with going a tiny bit more wild (and boy do those shades go well together!). Speaking of Girly, it reminds me of MAC Club, but way better. Club has a grey-taupe undertone and Girly has an amber-gold undertone. Also the green reflection is a lot more vibrant and easy to see in Girly. I absolutely adore this colour. I didn't think Totally Fetch, the matte hot pink, would be wearable at all but it surprisingly is, it can even be sheered out a little bit. Badass is another one that might have you feeling skeptical, but it's a phenomenally gorgeous liner and would work well in the outer V with Jailbird or a different grey on the lid. Everything you see in the pan is what you get on your face, with the exception of Jailbird- while it looks like a true silver-grey in the pan I find that on my eyes it's more of a lovely ice blue. I've made all 3 looks on the included instruction card and I think they're all great, but I honestly haven't stopped playing with this palette and I've been using it almost every day since I got it to make new looks.

Packaging is pretty cool and sturdy, with a nice included mirror for touchups (though I honestly don't see myself needing them with these shadows).

I am clicking no on buy again just because it is LE so I won't be able to. But this palette has greatly enhanced my faith in Too Faced shadows. I have nothing bad to say.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly! This is my first palette purchase from too faced and I am bowled! Love the packaging,qualify, buttery eyeshadows, unique colours, stay all day. It is one of the best palettes I own and now makes me want more too faced!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Highly pigmented, buttery, gorgeous shades, the first 4 shades on the left are natural shades that can be worn on day and the rest are vibrant colours that you can wear at night. The packaging is great, looks fancy and it is light, great for travelling. The price is a major drawback though, Pretty Rebel is Pretty Expensive, USD 46 and you get 10 eyeshadows only, although each eyeshadow is big (1.5g / 0.05 Oz). And that's all you get. No extras like eye primer or brush.
Although I love this palette and would recommend this to anyone who still loves going out a lot at night and want to experiment with beautiful eye looks, I would probably not repurchase because of its price. Will keep it until it finishes and look for another beautiful palette.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

This is one of my newer palettes and I really love it! First of all the packaging is gorgeous! It's a real standout from all my other palettes, yet still durable!

The shadows are very buttery and smooth and they all have excellent payoff, the only one i seem to sometimes have issues with is badass but thats not a color I use often anyways. There is fallout with some of the more shimmery shades, but otherwise these are gorgeous satin/shimmery shades without looking tacky (*cough*nakedpalette*cough*). If shimmer is not your thing though this might be a palette to steer clear of.

The reason I love this palette so much though is because of how versatile it is. I can do anything from a nude conservative eye, to a crazy clubbing dramatic look! It's definitely one I will be using for many years due to the unique shades it carries. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lrn0216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These shadows are perfectly pigmented and smooth and silky. they blend amazing. Love this pallet

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

This palette is INCREDIBLE. The colors and pigmentation are redic. Some neutrals with quite a few bold popping colors. Absolutely gorgeous packaging too!

My fav shades are Girly, Badass, Instigator, and Miss Sparkles!

Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Cecee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! This is some of the most pigmented eyeshadows too faced has ever come out with!! The colors are gorgeous and there is a good mix of neutrals and brights. The black with silver sparkles is extremely black and absolutely beautiful!! Ringleader is this pretty rose gold color that looks amazing with my blue eyes. Girly is this almost indescribable color. It is a duochrome brown and greenish blue. Badass is the prettiest midnight blue. To top it off, the packaging is adorable. I love this product and would completely recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I happened to be walking through Ulta and this collection caught my eye. I have been on a "no more eyeshadow strike" since I have soooo much of it but this palette, I just had to have!!! The colors are beautiful and pigmented not to mention packaged in the most amazing way! They glide on easily and last all day! I recommend this palette! Ths one totally satisfied my craving for an eyeshadow palette! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Too Faced nailed it on this collection!