Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Super clumpy. Won't buy it again. Good volume tho

on 6/22/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the way false lashes take my makeup look to the next level; however, as a contact lens wearer they are too irritating for me to wear everyday. When I want the dramatic look of false lashes without the irritation I reach for this mascara. Holy bold lashes!! I will say the texture of it tends towards the clumpier side because it is such a thick and rich formula. It can be finicky to work with if you like the look of an even, clump-less application but the final result is worth the extra time spent making my lashes look dramatic and perfect. I will definitely be buying again. This plus Mac's gigablack lash for my lower lash line are my HG lash products!!

on 6/20/2015 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I received this mascara from a lash stash and was by far my favorite of the collection. However, there are so many wonderful inexpensive mascaras.

this mascara works absolutely amazing. it goes on really nicely and comfortably. i love the brush on it. i think it works great. even one coat is enough but my favourite way to apply it is to first apply a coat of benefit roller lash, then one coat of this mascara and bam it looks absolutely amazing. got so many compliments and it lasts all day

on 6/19/2015 3:00:00 PM

I have mascara issues and I love this mascara. It's been the best in my opinion. Except ! It doesn't come in waterproof version. (Cannot wear it in summer - bummer) I like that it's really wet when it comes out of tube. I have short, straight lashes and I even had a lash artist comment on them. Yes it takes some finesse when applying. Slower strokes at angles to get it all separated to appear long & thicker. You can't just slap it on or it could be messy. But for me, I don't like dry mascaras, they don't glide product on my lashes. So this stuff is awesome if youre like me. I blink a lot because of dry eyes and I haven't had major problems with smudging. I have had to ditch so many mascaras because of the black ring under my eye. Benefit worked well about the smudging issue but it's so dry & didn't make them look big at all. (Oh! Let lashes dry before doing some serious blinking) I will buy again. But I'll still be searching for my fave waterproof.

on 6/17/2015 10:26:00 PM

I like most Too Faced products, but this was a big miss for me. I found the brush to be clunky, the formula was wet and gloppy, and it smeared like crazy. Not to mention that it clumped up my lashes. As the last review pointed out, there may be a way to successfully apply this, but I don't have time to mess with a mascara that doesn't work right out of the box.

on 6/16/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i have mixed feelings about this mascara. it does work well IF you know how to use it properly, if not its a gunky mess, and even knowing how it performs it still can be a bit messy if ur not really careful. to sum it up, whats different about this mascara for me is i do BOTH eyes without putting the applicator back in to get more product (so a little does go a long way). like usually u have to re dunk the applicator brush for the 2nd eye but instead i dont re dunk unless im applying a 2nd coat and you have to brush VERY, VERY lightly and go back and forth from eye to eye, otherwise too much mascara will get on one eye. Now if u have time to be careful while applying (becaause it does get on skin easily) and kind of retrain urself to put ur mascara on differently, once you get the hang of it, you will get amazing results. When I do manage to put this mascara on correctly it looks really good tho and I always get a lot of compliments BUT it did take a lot of trial and error and a bunch of big messes. i actually hated it for a while, especially when the tube was BRAND new cuz just way too much product comes out at first but thanks to me being cheap and not wanting to buy another tube of mascara i eventually learned how to use it properly (otherwise I'm sure I would have given up on it) with great results. Now i do want to mention that I am not an advanced makeup user to say the least and most of the time im putting this mascara on in a rush or in the car before work so if ur a makeup artist or spend a lot of time on ur makeup and are looking for something new and different that is more similar to fiber lashes but not as messy and crusty then i would def give this a try but if ur just used to regular good mascara and dont have time to learn how to use something new i would look else where or atleast try it before u buy it. sorry for the essay but i wish i would have read review before buying so i atleast new how to use it properly (gentle gentle gentle and back and forth so not too much on one eye!!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got this mascara after using my friends and being blown away by the results. It made my already long lashes about 4 times longer and waaaaay darker. My only complaint would be that a lot of product comes out with each pump, and the only way to make it less to avoid clumps is to wipe the brush off on toilet paper before applying (which is a waste of money) but overall, great mascara and definitely lengthens and darkens to an extreme measure!!

on 6/15/2015 8:22:00 PM

I'm surprised to see how low this product is rated. It is my favorite mascara I've ever used and I am a mascara hoarder! I found the best way to use this is sparingly because if applied too much it will clump I cannot stress this enough: it is build able to an extant but not clump proof. When used this way it gives the must amazing length, volume, and thickness! Use an eyelash curler and it's just even more amazing definitely holy grail!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A pretty average mascara for the price. I only got a deluxe sample in a little trial kit I bought during the holidays. I did like the mascara- it's a natural look, not very thickening, gives the long and fluttery look (on my naturally long lashes). It didn't clump too badly, though a lash comb is sometimes needed for extra separation. And it didn't flake throughout the day or feel dry or crunchy. So why is it average? Just nothing really "wow" about the lashes. And at this price point, with a name and marketing like this, I want it to be wow. On my lashes, it's basically just "my lashes but darker"- not especially thicker and only slightly longer. So although I have no specific complaints, it's nothing special and there is similar out there for cheaper. The Pixi Large Lash mascara (which I recently reviewed) is better in my opinion.

Get this if you don't care about the money and like a natural look. Or get a trial size to see how you feel. YMMV. But don't expect it to be better than sex. I'll keep looking for a good value mascara.