Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

on 10/13/2015 12:09:00 PM

There was so much hype around this product I decided to purchase it.
I am not blessed with thick eyelashes so I am always loving mascaras that give that particular look. Unfortunately this mascara clumped my eye lashes.. made them pointy (even after curling my eye lashes).. the brush is deceiving as it appears nice and thick. Not worth my $.
I'm sticking to my fav drugstore mascara :)

on 10/12/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I really like this mascara for days that I'm not wearing a lot of makeup or if I'm just throwing on mascara to go do errands, it gives great length and volume, it looks really nice.
However, I do find that it gets flaky rather quickly (hence why I wear it on minimal makeup days). Because it looks so nice, I would buy it again despite it getting to flaky.

on 10/12/2015 4:55:00 PM

Fast and quick..Packaging love the pink color of the tube bravo...the wand some may like but I found it too big to do anything but apply a whole lotta mascara in one place!

Mascara a bit wet not too bad. Better than sex? We all know the answer to that one ha! a lot of nothing going on here for me in length or volume.

Price? not much bang for your buck except a really cool looking tube! :)

Best one I have found? I thought it was a home run for length for sure formula a bit wet must be careful.... is lashGasm. I found it to lengthen big can do multiple coats and build gets a tad sticky so wait about 3 minutes before second coat and separate if needed with lash comb.

on 10/12/2015 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

The first time I used it, I thought it was ok. Nothing crazy, just OK. After a week of using this, exclusively, I can say that I am not impressed. I gave it 2 lippies - 1 for the "cute" tube, 1 for the brush shape. I didn't see this amazing volume (mild at best) and absolutely no length.

I will keep it as a backup mascara, Benefits - They're Real is still my #1. As a matter of fact, when this mascara does nothing after me coating each eye with 75 strokes, Benefits gets the job done in 2 strokes. I literally just did that after my afternoon touchup.

Save your money, if you want a similar look - get Maybelline's "Full & Soft". At least you won't feel robbed for barely noticeable product.

on 10/12/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the only positive thing i can say is i like the colour of the tube. for one its pricey, which is ok when the product is worth it. for one, its not buildable which i hate. more than 1 coat and your in a serious clumpy mess. i actually tried it on one eye and on the other put benefit mascara on the other and i had black smudges under the better than sex eye before i even got out of the house. it provided no length or volume for that matter and straighten the curl right out of my lashes. so not impressed.

on 10/7/2015 9:33:00 AM

I had really high hopes when I bought this mascara. A gf of mine raved about how well it worked for her. I tried it and was immediately disappointed 😕 I have the HUGE problem of curling my lashes and once I put (non-waterproof) mascara on my lashes completely loose it's curl and go stick straight. Same happened with this mascara. Maybe if they came out with a waterproof one, idk?? Another problem I have is mascara kinda bleeding under my lower lash line, kinda by the outer corners really. That happened a little as well with this mascara. It didn't as much as some other mascara's do but then again, it was a pretty cool day. Im almost sure it'll bleed like all my other mascara's when it's a hot day. Pretty bummed😏

on 10/5/2015 1:04:00 PM

I didn't like it :(
I bought it because of course, I saw it everywhere and was finally convinced to buy it because Chrisspy said it was her favorite mascara and I trust her opinion.
I don't like the wand, I end up poking my eye or getting mascara on my eyelids. It's also very clumpy, even if I wipe the excess product off on a tissue beforehand. I think it's too dry to be buildable, and always gives me that spider leg look.

on 10/5/2015 7:27:00 AM

This mascara was so hyped up, naturally I felt that being a mascara hoarder I had to give it a go. I am not bothered by its name (like most people apparently are) but I have to say that there is more to the name of it rather than the product itself.

I mean this mascara is not bad, but its brush I find to be a bit too chubby. The tip of the wand makes it hard to access all the baby lashes that you might have and I have noticed that since this is a somewhat wet formula - it might smudge all over the place, so having q-tips at hand might be a good idea.

I would not say that it makes my lashes ridiculously long or volumised; yes it does look good but that doesn't justify its somewhat high price. I mean I have tried equally good mascaras from the drugstore for half the price - so it is all up to how much you're willing to spend really.

Overall I like this mascara but don't think that I will be buying it again, as it is a bit mediocre to be honest. If you want an in-depth review with more details and pro/contra you can read the blog post below. Hope it helps.!Is-It-Really-Better/cmbz/560262640cf2375d99d99efd

on 10/4/2015 12:13:00 AM

I think on Kyile Jen`s 18 birthday her MUA used this mascara on her false lashes. The tutorial is on So off I went to Sephora like any 'celebrity- endorsed- makeup" sucker. Oh my!! I love it. Celebrities/MUA know their stuff!!! You see immediate results! It lengthens and curls!!! The pink tube is huge and wand is big. Gets into individual lashes easily. Its dark dense black matte on me & the name is cheeky ;) but the price is hmmm ... way pricey!!! But having said that, it is a good product. I dont use false lashes but this mascara gives the effect that I am!! It`s not water proof on me tho' and flakes when washing.. that`s ok for me. Comes off easily. Wil def repurchase and highly recommend.

on 10/3/2015 11:16:00 PM

I'm not one to spend big money on mascara but this is totally worth the money. With just one coat you see the difference of full voluminous lashes. I'll never go back! I also love that you can get the small trial at Sephora so you can see yourself before you buy the big one because you will once you see the results

Video Reviews & Tutorials