Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 5/23/2015 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

So the hype got to me on this one and I tried it. I didn't expect to like it but I did. It has a lot of things I like in a mascara: drier texture, buildable formula, feathery and full lash look, leaves lashes soft instead of crispy, very black pigment, easy to remove, doesn't cause any lash loss, doesn't irritate eyes.

However being that it is dry it can flake, and it the older it gets, the more it flakes. I usually don't put this on my lower lashes because of the flaking. If I really need it to go all day without flaking, I layer it over waterproof mascara.

I almost deducted a star for the flaking because the full size is $23 and by month two its starting to dry out and by month 3 this has gone way too dry. However, the sample size is only $12, is always available at Ulta (and probably Sephora, too, but I buy mine at Ulta) and has enough product to last you probably more than 3 months, though it starts getting a little overly dry by month two. At that price I can justify buying it every 2-3 months and I don't feel bad throwing it out when its not working for me anymore.

I received a deluxe sample of this and was very excited to try this because of the hype around it. I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed. I do like the way it looks first applied but it just doesn't stay and it rubs off easily.

I'm still looking for my holy grail mascara.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

In love with this mascara! The wand grabs every single lash, and the clumps are little to none. The only thing I would change is the "fat" tip that it has. I do prefer a smaller tip on the wand, but other than that it is a very good mascara. It doesn't smudge throughout the day, and the price is really great as well. I found it has lasted me a while, unlike the very cheap brands at the drugstore. Definitely will buy again!

on 5/21/2015 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

To start off, my lashes are straight, somewhat long but thin and slightly sparse! This mascara gives me the perfect amount of volume with no clumps, the trick is to not do the "zig-zag" motion with this mascara.

I have oily eyelids and it doesn't smudge, although when it gets drier it does flake.
It doesn't hold a curl too amazingly well, but it does slightly curl my lashes?
i just wish it wasn't so pricey :( $23 for mascara is a bit high for me.

on 5/21/2015 5:09:00 AM

To let you understand, my eyelashes are non existant without mascara. You know how you are advised to curl you're lashes before applying mascara, well I can't, as I cannot get my lashes into a curler, that's how short they are.With this mascara my lashes are long , thick, voluminous, jet black , just everything I've always wanted.Yes, it does take several coats to achieve this look but I can build it up without clumping.I used to look enviously at women with thick dark lashes, now I am one of them! This doesn't smudge or flake, not on me anyway.I think a lot of "smudging " problems aren't always the mascaras fault. Perhaps you are oily around the eye area?I like the brush as I tend to favour big brushes.This removes easily with my usual oil based remover and I do use several coats.My previous favourite was Dior Show Blackout. But this is as good.No , it's not cheap , but to me it's worth it. Like everything else this won't please everyone,but if you are like me and need a good mascara to make any impact, this just might be your mascara.

on 5/21/2015 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Much as I love the packaging, they are all lies! It just clumped up all my lashes, making my lashes look even lesser and very cockroach legs-like =(

It seems to flake a lot, so I ended up having blacks specks on my face.

This is definitely not better than sex!

on 5/18/2015 11:32:00 PM

Really a lot of lies on the packaging, results are not bad but it is not a huge difference from a 7.99 mascara. Too expensive for what it does.

on 5/17/2015 11:41:00 PM

I'm not a high end kind of girl but I got the mini size in an Ebay purchase and I LOVE IT! I have skimpy lashes (I'm old) and this brings them center stage. I curl my lashes first (who doesn't?) and only use 2 coats if I'm going out. One coat if I'm hanging out at home and I'm happy. Did I mention that I LOVE this mascara? I'm getting the full size asap.

on 5/17/2015 9:57:00 PM

BEST.MASCARA. EVER. I have short eyelashes that are down and sad lol and this mascara makes my eyelashes look grrrrrreat with volume and length.

on 5/14/2015 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What is all the hype over this mascara?! Do not waste your money! This mascara is crap! I luckily got a free sample of this after hearing everyone rave about this mascara. My eyelashes are naturally very long and dark and this somehow made my eyelashes clumpy, fall flat, and didn't do anything for volume. This mascara does absolutely nothing for holding a curl. Do not waste your money!

Popular Mascaras