Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

Water, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

I am sad to report that this was not the mascara of my dreams. It almost was! When I put it on, my lashes looked sooo big and fluffy and thick and it was pretty amazing. However, after about 2 hours, my undereyes were completely gray. This stuff transfers to your undereyes in a snap and makes you look crazy. If they come out with a waterproof formula, I'll check it out, but for now this one is going into the no pile.

It does volumise and lengthen but very easily becomes clumpy or spidery with extra coats. Also smudges on lower lash line and difficult to get off. Smashbox exposure was better and will go back to that one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gives my lashes lots of volume. Tends to clump a bit but not in an extreme manner like spider lashes. I have long lashes and don't need to curl them with this product. No flaking which is nice. The product lasts and does not feel heavy on my lashes like other mascaras I have tried. The only thing that I DO not like about this product is the price (I'm cheap). Price point is important to me because I do not want to spend my hard earned money on a hyped up product that you can get something comparable to in the drug store. I may buy this again if I feel spendy, but Loreal Voluminous Mascara performs nearly as well which you can get for just $6 at Walmart.

I put off trying this because of all the reviews about it smudging and flaking. But after trying 15 plus HE sample mascaras I finally bought the TFBTS sample and have been thrilled with the volume and curl it adds to my very long but thin lashes. I haven't experienced any flaking or smudging at all (although I don't apply to lower lashes). I have hooded eyes and very oily lids so I was expecting raccoon eyes lol. This also removes very easily at the end of the day so is a daily wear for me

I've been duped by impulse buys before where the product isn't as good as its hype (hello Benefits They're Real). But this mascara is probably the best I've bought. I'm using it for special occasions at the moment because I can't get it here in New Zealand. Its application is flawless and your lashes look better than false lashes (which to me are too fake) and it lasts. Would definitely recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Purchased this due to the reviews, the name and the cute packaging. I was expecting fuller, longer lashes that kept with the natural look but, eh, I was wrong.
This mascara goes on clumpy, you literally have to be so careful whilst applying this or you can have spider leg eyelashes all night. Doesn't really make my eyes pop as much as I expected either.
So disappointed.

So, I'm going to start off with saying that this is by far my favorite mascara! I used my friend's Better Than Sex mascara and at first I really thought the wand was just plain weird and I thought it was going to make my eyelashes look clumpy. However, I now appreciate the wand and the mascara is not at all clumpy!
This mascara does everything that it claims to do! It lengthens your lashes, gives them volume, and curls them. When you even put on one coat there is a very dramatic difference!! It is amazing, I highly recommend this mascara to anyone who wants great looking lashes!
The packaging is so so so cute! It is very heavy and feels super high quality! I love the way it closes without you having to twist it super hard. It is so cute and I love it.
I was not paid to do this, and no one gave me this mascara. I bought it with my own money and this is my honest opinion on this mascara. I am on a student's budget and I would still purchase it again.

So much flaking! I really wanted to love this. I like the packaging, but for me that's the only positive thing I have to say about it. Too much product on the brush, the brush could be smaller, you have to be very careful to avoid clumping, adding length without it looking grainy is impossible, and it doesn't take long for it to flake, looking more like I've been wearing it for a full day instead of only a couple hours. Seriously bummed! My quest for a HG mascara continues!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

"I'll never spend $20+ on mascara!"

Wrong!

I've never bought high end mascara before because I never thought it was worth the money (there are a lot of good drugstore mascaras out there). My sister bought this for me for my birthday and I instantly changed my mind.

It's not clumpy, the texture is smooth, there's no odor, it lasts all day, doesn't flake or give a raccoon eye effect, and it makes lashes long, thick, noticeable, and beautiful.

It's not waterproof but it takes a while to remove.

Also, I know this is bad, but I kept it longer than I should have (mascaras are only good for maximum 3 months I believe) and the quality remained almost the same as when I bought it until I replaced it. It dried out a little bit but still worked almost perfectly fine.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Glad I tried it, but don't think it's much better or any better than most other mascaras that are half, even a quarter of the price (in Toronto it's NOT $23, it's in the early / mid $30 range incl our 13% taxation on cosmetics)...Anyhow, I do love the jet black color, and it's definitely buildable, however, I find some Maybellines to be just as good or better. What knocked off a mega lippie too, was that it smudges, and I usually don't have that problem w/ mascaras. Thank goodness I only got the sample size as doubtful I'd purchase the regular size for twice the price. I seriously think my Maybelline "Pumped Up Colossal" gives me the exact same look, same w/ "Mega Plush", "Voluminous" and "Punky" mascara(s)...

Popular Mascaras