Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

3.4

on 9/2/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

The name is adorable (but grossly inaccurate), and the packaging is sleek and attractive. I hate the mascara itself. I purchased it because I needed mascara. I really like Josie Maran Argan Black Oil Mascara, but I was at Ulta and they don't sell it. The brush on Better Than Sex looks similar to the one from the Argan Mascara, so I bought Better Than Sex mascara. (Plus it came with a free mini mascara). While the the brush is shaped sort of like the Josie Maran one, it doesn't work the same way at all. Better Than Sex applies in clumps and little black furry things and it gets all over my heavy eyelids. I have to comb my lashes after application to get all the lumps out.This mascara really sticks to my lash comb, so after one stroke through the lashes I have to wash the comb before I can use it again. Then my lashes are too thinned out, so I have to start all over again with another coat and another comb. Then I have to take a QTip and makeup remover and get rid of all the black spots that got everywhere as I tried to maneuver the brush during application. My lashes look okay, albeit Tarantula-like, for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, my bottom lashes smudge so badly I have to do the QTip thing, again, beneath my lower lashes. Within an hour the mascara flakes, and the flakes stick to the remaining eye makeup remover, so I get smudges all over again. Smudges aside, this is a mascara that's definitely made for thickening, not lengthening, so it's not my style. Even though it doesn't work for me, I have to say it looks beautiful on the pics submitted above! If it looked like that on me I'd give it 5 lippies!

on 8/29/2015 8:06:00 PM

I'm very picky about mascara, but I love this. The tube is huge so you get a lot of product. It's a beautiful rose gold color. The brush is giant, which is extremely hard to find, given all the puny bristles all the other mascaras have. It distributed a lot of product, which is great for thin sparse lashes. I have to use five, sometimes more, coats of mascara, with this I only use three, although even one coat looks great. One coat basically equals out to three of other mascaras. It makes my lashes very long, tons of volume, and holds a curl great. I love how the formula isn't sticky and tar like on the lashes. It's not extremely drying either. It lasted all day without smudging. My lashes have never looked better. It's nothing like any of the drug store mascaras out there. The only downside is the price. I would use this everyday if it weren't so expensive, but I wouldn't expect it to be cheap with how good it is.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Though I really loved the way this mascara made my lashes look, I did not like the way it flaked into my eyes, and smudged horribly after just a few hours. Did give good volume, length, curl, and a fanned out look, but I would not repurchase due to the smudging and flaking. Boo.

on 8/25/2015 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ive been trying this mascara for a week now (I have the deluxe sample size) and I must say its become one of my favorite mascaras. I naturally have long lashes that fan out but arent really that dark and so I look for mascaras that will give my lashes that extra boost and darken them a bit. This mascara is definetly all out glam for me the end result is falsie like lashes that hold a curl. I also love the rose gold packaging its so elegant. The way you apply the mascara also can factor into why it might not work for you. So I recommend taking the brush out first and taking off as much product putting it back into the bottle because the brush does come out with alot of product which ends in lots of clumps and try not to do more than 2 coats when applying then it also gets clumpy. Also start from the outer eyelashes and work your way in.

on 8/22/2015 11:28:00 AM

I had mixed feelings about this mascara. At first I thought I hated it because when I applied it it was so thick and clumpy. After a few tries I love it. You really have to space out the product for a better application. Wait like 30 seconds then apply another coat, I find if you don't wait a few seconds then this mascara goes on way too thick and clumpy. After experimenting a few different theories I love it !!

on 8/19/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is not bad but it is difficult to work with. You must remove some of the mascara before applying to your eyes because this product is very thick and cakey and for the price it is not a good deal. However, it does last for a really long time and I consider this water resistant. I would not be purchased this product for the price there are other products that are better. I personally would not reproduce this product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you want your lashes to look horrible like they just got out of the ring with Mayweather then this product is for you. If you like looking like a normal person then avoid this at all cost. Just aweful.

on 8/17/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Definitely not the perfect wand for asian eye. The wand is too big and i never had one time where i can coat my lashes without smudging all over the eyelids. The formula is wet and i believe is pretty volumizing and lengthening, but still it flakes throughout the day. Just the hassle of applying is a big no no for me.

on 8/11/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love my Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara! It's pretty expensive, but totally worth the investment. My eyelashes aren't clumpy, and I only have to apply one or two coats to get the volume I want. Other mascaras i have used, i have to apply six or seven coats. The packaging is beautiful, I also love how the wand looks. Totally worth the money, the reason why Too Faced charges so much for this mascara is because it 100 percent works the way it says it works. Love this product so much, it is the only mascara i use.

on 8/9/2015 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am a mascara junkie and if you've read any of my other reviews you'd know I have tried so many and I'm always looking for my HG. Prior to this I often used Chanel Le Volume or Charlotte Tilbury full fat lashes. Still love those. I had my beloved YSL faux cils right before picking this up and it dried out too quickly and become clumpy too fast, which was disappointing. I heard rave reviews, so I picked this up. I like the tube, the color, the brush. I despise the name. Really? Sounds pretty tacky! But, the mascara formula works great on me. I sometimes wear it alone and sometimes with Dior lash primer under it. I always curl my lash with my Shu curler. This mascara gives me full, voluminous, thick, long lashes without becoming stiff or brittle and I haven't experienced clumping. I think this works very well if you want to create dramatic lashes in just a really short amount of time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials