Too Faced Lip Injection Color Bomb! Moisture Plumping Lip Tint (All Shades)

3.3

on 8/18/2015 1:00:00 PM

I have the shades 'Bigger Berry' and 'Never Enough Nude'.

Lip crayons, as a general rule, are my favourite. I find them very moisturising and easier to apply than lipstick in most cases.
Too Faced's offerings haven't failed me. The shades are very flattering and glossy and the packaging, as with all Too Faced products, is awfully cute and I refuse to throw it away.
What isn't cute, however, is the fact that the first few applications made me want to rips my lips off. It would've hurt less.
The 'tingling' sensation that is part of the lip-plumping process is more of an intense burn. I've heard a lot of people say that they thought they were having some kind of allergic reaction. The feeling lasts a good few minutes and is highly unpleasant. After a few uses, I think I've become somewhat 'immune' to the intensity, and my mum and boyfriend (who insisted on trying it because of how much I complained about the pain) weren't affected by it whatsoever. How odd!
Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely product and there is a good range of colours to choose from, but please, Too Faced, beauty shouldn't be THIS painful!

on 12/31/2014 8:56:00 PM

I got this in the nude shade, and unfortunately I can say that I won't buy it again. I didn't mind the burning sensation - it actually felt like little bee stings on my mouth, as if it was doing something. After, I noticed that my lips looked no bigger than before.

The color wasn't that suitable for my complexion, which isn't the company's fault, but I noticed an accumulation of product in the corners of my mouth after wearing for awhile. Not an attractive look! I wear this once in awhile when I'm home because it was expensive, but sadly, won't repurchase.

on 12/21/2014 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I received this Lip Injection in the shade 'Bee Sting' with the Too Faced 'A Few of My Favorite Things' palette and was not particularly excited about its inclusion - I already have full lips and am not huge on lip products (with the exception of lip balm) as a whole but I figured that it would be a shame if I didn't at least try it.

Upon application, a few things went through my mind. Namely expletives. Because this HURT. This REALLY HURT. It felt like my lips were ON FIRE. Think of that nice tingly feeling you get when you apply certain types of lip balm and turn that feeling into pain, and then amplify it by a hundred. That is what it felt like.

Now, I wish I could tell you something about the colour of the product or how it applied or whether it actually plumped or not but I didn't keep it on long enough to analyse the way it looked because it hurt THAT bad.

All I have to say is that it doesn't matter how nice the colour of these products might be or how great you think it might look on you. Save your lips. For your own sake.

on 10/15/2014 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought these in Bigger Berry (a terrific wine color) and Candy Burst (pastel pink) after watching a Youtube video showing how well they wear throughout the day. I like peppermint fragrances and have worn minty lip products in the past with no irritation. My lips tingled a bit after first applying, but that dissipated after just a few minutes. Both colors looked very good on me and lasted a few hours. I learned the secret to a smooth application is to exfoliate and moisturize my lips first. And to apply with a light hand. Otherwise it kind of peels off in patches, which isn't very attractive. I didn't notice any lip plumping benefits from this product but like it for other reasons - it lasts longer than a gloss but still has some luster. And while it doesn't last as long as lip stains, it's not as harsh on my lips either. So it's a good compromise, and I really like the color range. Deducted a lippie for not plumping my lips and for not having the best packaging (you can't twist the product down to protect it before putting the lid on).

on 7/30/2014 12:18:00 AM

Oh Coral Pop - I thought you were going to be very corally and make my lips POP! But you didn't...

Instead you are very patchy and that's the thing I can't forgive you for and be off buying more of these. I have to give it to you though - you are very misleading in that you are creamy soft and glide on beautifully with lots of visible colour, coverage and prettiness - sadly it just doesn't last long as you seem to wear off pretty quickly and look patchy and you are an absolute disaster if I try to layer you over another lipstick.

Your colour on me - I'm of the paler skin variety and this looks more pinky, peachy coral than flat out coral. Thankfully my lips don't need a boost as all I get from your pop aspect is a few seconds of tingle - then nothing.

I like that you are a wind up pencil instead of a sharpen, this way you should last longer. But as far as formula goes I prefer the Urban Decay Pencil Lipsticks over this even though they wear down fast, the lasting coverage is better. The Too Faced La Creme Lip Cream Lipsticks are much more luxe than the TF Plumping Lip Tint pencils as well and are slightly cheaper.

on 7/7/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in the shade Coral Pop.
First off, I love the color. It's the perfect summery coral that doesn't make me look yellow or washed out. It's got just enough pink in it to be flattering against my fair, olive-toned skin.
The formula is interesting. I don't really see it plumping my lips at all, but I don't expect that out of products that boast that kind of claim. It's moisturizing while it's on, but the moisture doesn't last after the product wears off, which is a bit disappointing.
I only do a light wash of this on my lips, so when it does wear off after a while, the stain that's left behind doesn't look chapped or flaky.
The packaging is adorable, but the tip doesn't retract all the way down, so you have to be careful when opening and closing it that you don't nick the product. For something that costs as much as this does, I'm surprised they let it slide with that kind of well-known and much-hated flaw that is usually left to lower-priced drugstore products.
It does cost quite a lot. But it's a premium brand, so what do you expect?
I may buy this in another color - perhaps the nude or a light pink. It's unique and fun enough for me to want more, but not so amazing that I'll be calling it my HG lip product any time soon.

EDIT: I decided to drop this down one lippy. I tried another color in this range - Candy Burst. It's rubbish. Unlike Coral Pop, this goes on streaky and milky and enhances dry patches rather than providing any hydration whatsoever. In fact, this made my lips significantly drier, to the point that they felt like dry cloth once this product was removed. I now have to do a couple days worth of damage control to reverse the dryness that this product caused. Going back to Ulta. Too bad Coral Pop was the only shade worth its salt in this collection, seeing as for me, it's a decidedly warm-weather shade.

EDIT 1/13/15: I am so dang fickle. Anyway, boosted this back up one lippy after picking up the shade Bigger Berry and finding that for me, it performs every bit as beautifully as Coral Pop. Candy Burst's vile performance might have been exclusive to that one shade, or it may be that Coral Pop and Bigger Berry are the anomalies, but either way, that's 2 for 3 on these lip tints. No other colors interest me in the range, however, so it's likely that I'll be trying any others after I run out of the two shades I do like. Thankfully, Bigger Berry is great for the cold months because it's not bright like Coral Pop.

on 5/21/2014 4:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

They're quite expensive, but you get a lot of product and it actually plumps your lips. I have this in Coral Pop and Bigger Berry, and I'm waitlisted(!)for Never Enough Nude because it's always sold out. Coral Pop is a corally pink color and Bigger Berry is a dark pink berry color. The product stays put for a good while, but when it's starting to wear off your lips look chapped and weird so be aware of that. Other than that; it tingles the first few minutes, just like with any other plumper, and it has a matte/satin-y finish.

on 5/8/2014 10:24:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I received Bigger Berry as a gwp at Ulta last year, and it has not left my makeup bag since. I love the color (which is brighter than the packaging suggests) and the mild tingle. My one complaint is that it doesn't look great when it starts to wear off, so I have to be mindful to reapply. Sometimes I pair it with Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Tease, and that really helps.

on 4/28/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in Never Enough Nude and it's a peachy nude shade that I normally don't like because I am cool-toned and they usually look too orange on me. This didn't. It just looks more peach.

I never got that tingling sensation or anything, no idea if I am not sensitive to it or mine was a dud? It's just a nice nude lip crayon for me and I would repurchase in a different color.

I think these are a little overpriced though, but I do love Too Faced so I am a sucker for their products even if they are higher priced. They are always creamy and have great ingredients.

on 4/12/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in never enough nude on my lips it's a peachy beige the first time I used it i had a tingling sensation which was uncomfortable but bearable but after that I used it every single day and it doesn't tingle one bit I love how creamy and shiney it is I wouldn't say it's plumping as I don't see a difference I just really love the color and consistency of this lipstick however if it did tingle every time I used it I wouldn't use it as often as not used to it and found it a bit too intense for everyday