April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

BB Cream - Yves Saint Laurent - Top Secrets BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by tigergirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nope, sadly not for me. Every spring/summer I get lured by bb promises: light? spf? glowy? Perfect! Unfortunately, they usually turn out to be irritating, too-dark, glorifed tinted moisturizers. Based on the reviews, I thought this would be different. It actually has a shade pale enough! Unfortunately, this didn't work on many levels. It is strongly scented, makes my skin itchy and feel smothered, doesn't provide coverage, gets greasy quickly and runs white with a bit of water. Forget it if you get caught outside with snow or sprinkles. I'm happy it worked for so many- for my sensitive, combination skin it did not!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by puxa

I've been on the hunt for the perfect BB cream ever since they've hit the shops, but after some expensive buys that went horribly wrong I had kind of given up...until I came across the reviews of this latest product. I so wanted to love this - it was the perfect texture, the color was great and my skin was looking good... For all of just one hour, because then my face was back to its usual oily self. I've decided that BB creams only exist for those who have perfect, normal skin, anybody with oily, problem skin should steer clear of these products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using Top Secret for the last 10 days, and I am amazed. It's been an especially rough January here in Minnesota (well below zero) which is normally enough to ruin any look I've applied before heading outside. Not this. I apply Top Secret over my SS, and just add a little concealer under my eyes and set with a Skindinavia setting spray. I find it really lasts all day and so far has not dried out or irritated my skin. My favorite thing is that it really doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup even in direct sunlight, or when looking in a magnifying mirror. Coverage is light but still makes my skin look much better. A definite repurchase, even at $50. The tube is nice and it doesn't dispense too much like some others I've tried.

I wear this in Clear (lightest shade). I'm around NC15 in MAC (maybe a little lighter) and Porcelain in Bobbi Brown. I'm 43 with dry, sensitive skin and mild rosacea.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mmkaaayyy

Saw this product on Dulce Candy's blog and decided to try it out. I had high expectations since it is YSL and everything I've tried thus far has been amazing. First impression was great on this BB cream. Glided on, blends very well! I like to use 2 applications and I have tried blending with my fingers and a brush, and a brush is best in my opinion. After a hour or so of wear, I did notice shine. If set with a powder, I think this would last all day! By far the best BB cream on the market IMO!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am thoroughly impressed with this BB Cream! Being quite deep in color, I (and those with similar or darker skin) have been largely excluded from the recent debut and popularity of tinted moisturizers/BB creams in the US market. I stopped looking, and have been foundation only due to beauty companies overlooking my shade.

I found this in my local Sephora, and since I am a huge fan of Le Teint Touche Eclat (B90) I gave this a try, and have not regretted it. The coverage is very sheer, but just blends beautifully into the skin, and does not look like you're wearing makeup. Skin shines through, so if you have any blemishes they'll be evident, but be blurred a bit.

The texture is very thick and reminds me of a heavy lotion, but this does not translate once it's applied. I found that not setting it is the best way (for me) to go, and lasts about 7 hours on my combination skin. The package is not fancy, but it's very functional, hygienic, and dispenses a very controllable amount of product. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the scent, it is very heavily perfumed.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells divine and applies beautifully...I only wish there were a larger selection of colors. The palest shade is a bit too dark for me, and I wanted it to work so bad!

Updated: I took away some puppies as I tried this again recently, albeit mixed with moisturizer, and it turned me into an oil slick!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by laureole

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by emmamom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Clear based on the recommendation of a really lovely Sephora SA. I was looking for foundation that would work on my lighter than NC 15 skin and this was one of the samples she sent me home with. I've been loyal to my Rachel K CC Cream for awhile now but the YSL is a better color match and gives my dry mature skin a glow that the Rachel K doesn't. In fact, I liked it so well that I bought a full sized tube as soon as my sample ran low.

While it doesn't have the coverage of a true foundation it does a fabulous job of evening out my skintone (yay! my face finally matches my neck!) and neutralizing the surface redness on my cheeks. To get a bit more coverage I apply it over my tinted sunscreen and a layer of primer. I wear it just like that for casual days. Add a bit of blush and I'm done. When I want a more polished look I top it with a translucent setting powder.

The only downside is the fragrance. I'm not a fan of heavily scented products and this has a really strong rose scent when first applied. The scent fades by the time I've finished my full face so it's not a deal breaker for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am here to tell you that this is, by far, the best BB cream I have ever applied to my precious visage! Seriously. I ended up making this purchase by chance. A friend had an YSL makeup party at Nordstrom (she was the top buyer for the month..or something like that). We had a few hours of sampling various products from the YSL line. Among the noteworthy products, was this Top Secrets BB Cream. I will tell you that I've been using Dr. Jart--and am happy with it because it goes on smoothly and isn't dry or cakey. And then...I tried this YSL BB Cream. I was amazed at how hydrating it felt. Amazed. It really, really glides on so nicely and it feels moist. I made the purchase of the "clear" color, which is the lightest hue available of two hues.
Since my purchase, I've been using this over my moisterizer, serum, and primer (yes. I realize that you don't need all of this with a BB cream. However, at my age, I feel that the other products just hydrate my skin a bit more). I am beyond happy. The tube has a very small opening which allows for only a small amount to be distributed--which is great b/c you really do not need much of this. It covers nicely. Not that full out matte...and less than a foundation, but it looks fabulous because it gives a nice luminous glow and the fact it is so hydrating just knocks it outta the ballpark. Definitely a keeper. I will be purchasing a back-up very shortly.
Thank you for reading. I hope this could help in any small way..or big way! Have fun!

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by starbucksandcigarettes

Firstly, I have struggled with acne for a very long time and am now left with red blemishes and scars all over my face. I deeply try to avoid any oil based products, so when the shop assistant suggested I tried the new YSL Top Secrets BB cream in 'Clear', I reluctantly agreed.

When I looked at myself in natural light after she'd applied it, I was shocked by how great my skin looked! She hadn't used any concealer on me and the BB cream had covered everything up, including the redness (being so pale skinned, my acne scars have made me look really red, even when my skin doesn't really break out anymore - it looks so much worse than what it is).

The circles under my eyes looked like they'd been covered with Touche Eclait and my face looked radiant. I was so surprised that I went ahead and bought it. And best of all, when I got home, my skin hadn't broken out at all during the day and had remained perfectly in place.
I also love the rose smell - usually perfumed products make me breakout too (I am so sensitive to everything!) but this just didn't.

The Top Secrets BB cream is my EXACT skin colour match (freakishly so) - although I am very, very pale, so bear this in mind when purchasing! I know it won't suit everyone because of how light it is. I had been using the oil-free Laura Mercier tinted foundation in 'Porcelain', which did calm my acne and breakouts down, but the shade made me look too orange.

If you, like me, have very sensitive skin, it's worth giving this a go. It's light enough to help your skin recover from acne and acne scars whilst still covering up whatever marks you have. It feels great not having to cake myself in concealer and foundation whilst still looking glowing! I will definitely buy again!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No