November 23, 2014 | 1854 users online

BB Cream - Yves Saint Laurent - Top Secrets BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by WindyJoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Boo! Another fail. Was in love with the texture & finish at first. Te color was just too orange for me! Not warm...orange. I don't go by the numbers & names. My complexion changes often & so does my colors...

I returned this after my face turned into an oily mess after a few hours & repeatedly applied powder defeated the reason I bought this.

Might work for the right skin & skin tone....

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Anonnone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this based on great reviews online, but I honestly am clueless about what others are seeing in this product. I got the "Clear" shade (I have light skin) and it offered zero coverage. I could barely see even any blurring (not sure that I did at all), and it did nothing for red patches. And the moment I put it on it looked like an oil slick on my face -- granted, I have oily skin, but I had just cleansed it! And worst of all -- it has sparkles. Yes, sparkles.

I'm really disappointed, especially for the price. Going to return it tomorrow, sadly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by silverlakeconservatory

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmentation)

I've had acne since I was 11, and since 11, I've always been trying new foundations to cover up my skin. I honestly can't tell you how many foundations I've bought and tried over the years along with tons of brushes! Brands like Guerlain, Givenchy, Lancome, you name any high-end foundation, I've probably used it. This has been my absolute savior. Here's the break down:

PROS
- Application: I haven't tried applying this BB cream with a brush, I just use my fingers! I squeeze out a little of the BB cream and apply dots to all major focal points to my face (cheeks, nose, forehead, chin). Then I spread it evenly and once all is evenly applied I pat it in using my fingertips. I let it dry for about a minute or two, then use my Laura Mercier powder puff along with Nar's compacted translucent powder for a matte finish. I seriously look like I was born with new skin, and it NEVER looks cakey or unnatural!!
- No cakiness!
- TUBES!! Have I mentioned I love tubes?
- Love that it's a BB cream. While I think I'm kind of lying to myself that this won't hurt my skin as much as a foundation, I still love it.
- I've slept in this once or twice (yes I know, horrible!) and I didn't experience any break outs.. In fact, it didn't even budge off my face while I slept!
- Staying power is totally rad
- PLEASE use a good sunscreen/primer (I use Tarte's Pore Primer) with this, especially sunscreen.. I used MD Solar's SPF 50, and for the longest time I thought it was this BB cream that was making me break out until I switched sunscreens.. go figure!
- In all my years I've never found a more perfect color match, seriously. The only foundation I could stand was Givenchy's Eclate Matissime and the lightest shade is too yellow for me. I know I have pale skin but dang, I didn't think I was THAT pale. This fixes everything (it is SLIGHTLY a little too dark, but not that noticeable if you apply down your neck)
- The coverage is amazing, I mean amazing, It doesn't cover EVERYTHING but it covers MOST (there's no foundation/BB cream alone that can cover everything without concealer, etc anyway).
- My skin looks so fresh and healthy and omg
- It looks SUPER natural and that's the best thing I could ask for

CONS
- PLEASE don't rely on the sunscreen in this foundation.. It even says to apply additional sun protection. Nothing makes me more angry than people relying on their foundation for sunscreen (even a lady at Sephora said that people can get sun protection with their foundation.. I was appalled! There's no way you can get adequate sun protection without actually applying sunscreen.. Look for my review on UV Clear Spf 46 aka the best sunscreen ever).
- I really wouldn't recommend this BB cream for dry skin unless your skin is properly prepped. It doesn't take too kindly to dry skin.
- I also wouldn't recommend this BB cream for those with fine lines/wrinkles, it really emphasizes them (I didn't know I even had find lines around my mouth until this BB cream, but it really is worth it to just touch up throughout the day to fix this).
- Ingredients are super scary!! I wish I could find more reviews on natural foundations, but until then I will use this
- I can't apply this without applying powder on top (it'll look shiny on my forehead otherwise), but that really isn't a CON, just something I have to do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by gobecky

I love this bb cream. I have it in the shade clear which is perfect for my wintertime skin. It should be noted that there is no glower dewiness, just a natural finish that it almost undetectable, even close up and with natural light.
It doesn't have full UVA/UVB coverage, despite the spf claims. It blocks only one of those spectrums (I can't remember which).
I love the narrow nozzle for dispensing and tend to mix it with darker foundations for A natural shade match in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Dias14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best bb cream ever! At first, I used it with powder on top of it, so I didn't think it was that great. But when I started using only the bb cream, and nothing else, I realized it is amazing. Super natural, gives your skin a peachy look... Expensive, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by FlawlessLeopard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely hands down best BB cream I have ever used!! I used this during the week instead of foundation to give my skin a natural look. The coverage isnt anything special but wow does this blend! Any other bb cream I have used does not blend and leaves a weird orange tint. This is personally the best product, I will always re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by teojia

When I first bought it I used it daily, and immediately repuchased another one when I ran out. I use the Clear one, and the colour was perfect, and I felt like it made my skin look really healthy and fresh. Coverage isn't fantastic but I wasn't looking for good coverage as this is a bb cream, and so that was not the top of my concerns. I was sold on the SPF coverage; was told four pluses was not usual for most products (and that's still true). The texture of the cream is smooth, and a little does go a long way, since the nozzle is so tiny. I still use it when I want something hydrating, but I've since switched to other bb creams (mostly Korean brands) as I feel that it suits my Asian skin better. This one tends towards the oily side towards mid-day, and I would have to touch up by blotting my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kiwimakeuplover

Well, I've gotta say I really like this product. A Lot. Its nice and light and goes on easy and definitely improves the way my skin looks. If I was going to make a quibble about this it would be nice if there were more shades to choose from but then again YSL isn't the only one with a limited range of shades so I guess its the nature of the beast.
For everyday wear I'd definitely recommend this and would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by District320

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just purchased this bob cream today after a sweet SA applied shade #2 on me. I love how it contains a decent amount of SPF and is so light in texture. As this bb cream was being applied to my face I felt a cooling sensation and I loved how my face looked dewy and luminous. I promise to update my review as I use this cream more regularly. :-).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by carolasticher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this bb cream. I tried dior and shiseido and a few others, but they were all too thick in texture, too dry on my face. I figured I might just as well be using fluid foundation.
But this one is soft, moisturizing and goes on so well. It covers just enough to make the skin look alot better but so natural. I don't need moisturizer any more, it really is all-in-one. The result is dewy, slightly glowy, but not oily at all. It lasts almost all day, for me, without powder. Just a dab of compact powder foundation on top and it even works like the best foundation even for evening or special occasions.
The only problem for me is the color. I have no idea what number my skin tone is like many of you mention. But it's actually quite light, not the fairest though. But i need to mix clear and medium. Even though this is a bit of a pain, I am so enthusiastic about this product that I won't decrease my rating because of that. After all, bb creams are usually very scarce in colors, it's not easy to find the right color match, ever. I ended up filling a nice empty cream pot with the two colors and mixing them well. So I don't use the tube any more but apply it like a cream. And don't mind that at all. I'm looking forward to the summer and a bit of a tan to try out the medium alone.