Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets BB Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Octyldodecanol, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Palmitic Acid, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Fragrance, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Methylparaben, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Ethylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid,Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Disodium Edta, Adenosine, Alumia, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract, Benzyl Alchol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Isoeugenol, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-9, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Carmine.

on 5/9/2015 9:32:00 PM

It's a decent high-end BB cream. The color range leaves much to be desired; I am an NC-15, and I got the light ("no color"). The light is very "pink" before application, and frankly is very light coverage at best - totally different than a Korean BB cream. Not very buildable in terms of coverage, but one thing I like was that it was not very oily after an 8-hour day and stayed on well. I went to a client site and began the day with this, and it lasted 8+ hours (when I put powder on top). Unfortunately, this doesn't look pretty in photos and eventually my skin developed a few pimples (this happens to me a lot - no I didn't have an allergic reaction to it - just oily skin). I gave it to my aunt who had mature, non-oily skin and she loves it. It does not cover redness though. If you want more coverage (at double the price), I would recommend the La Mer Reparative Tint spf 30 that came out. If you can live without the spf (and use a moisturizer with the spf), I highly recommend the Cargo HD foundation which does a great job at coverage and at a similar texture.

on 4/28/2015 2:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok. This is eccellent. To be honest I had to buy two. The clear and medium one. The medium was too dark and the clear to light. But once mixed a real pleasure. Skin is moisturized all day and never oily. I usually use foundations but this bb cream feels so nice so easy so real. It is a bb cream so it's not full cover but u can still cover spots or blemishes with a concealer. It's great and I feel confident that my skin feels and looks good all day.

on 10/17/2014 4:44:00 AM

Boo! Another fail. Was in love with the texture & finish at first. Te color was just too orange for me! Not warm...orange. I don't go by the numbers & names. My complexion changes often & so does my colors...

I returned this after my face turned into an oily mess after a few hours & repeatedly applied powder defeated the reason I bought this.

Might work for the right skin & skin tone....

on 9/3/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this based on great reviews online, but I honestly am clueless about what others are seeing in this product. I got the "Clear" shade (I have light skin) and it offered zero coverage. I could barely see even any blurring (not sure that I did at all), and it did nothing for red patches. And the moment I put it on it looked like an oil slick on my face -- granted, I have oily skin, but I had just cleansed it! And worst of all -- it has sparkles. Yes, sparkles.

I'm really disappointed, especially for the price. Going to return it tomorrow, sadly.

I try to write all my reviews the same way I'd like to see reviews, so first off here are my stats:
- 18 years old
- Combination skin, oily t-zone and slightly dry cheeks
- Acne prone, especially to black heads
- Some acne scarring (hyperpigmentation)

I've had acne since I was 11, and since 11, I've always been trying new foundations to cover up my skin. I honestly can't tell you how many foundations I've bought and tried over the years along with tons of brushes! Brands like Guerlain, Givenchy, Lancome, you name any high-end foundation, I've probably used it. This has been my absolute savior. Here's the break down:

PROS
- Application: I haven't tried applying this BB cream with a brush, I just use my fingers! I squeeze out a little of the BB cream and apply dots to all major focal points to my face (cheeks, nose, forehead, chin). Then I spread it evenly and once all is evenly applied I pat it in using my fingertips. I let it dry for about a minute or two, then use my Laura Mercier powder puff along with Nar's compacted translucent powder for a matte finish. I seriously look like I was born with new skin, and it NEVER looks cakey or unnatural!!
- No cakiness!
- TUBES!! Have I mentioned I love tubes?
- Love that it's a BB cream. While I think I'm kind of lying to myself that this won't hurt my skin as much as a foundation, I still love it.
- I've slept in this once or twice (yes I know, horrible!) and I didn't experience any break outs.. In fact, it didn't even budge off my face while I slept!
- Staying power is totally rad
- PLEASE use a good sunscreen/primer (I use Tarte's Pore Primer) with this, especially sunscreen.. I used MD Solar's SPF 50, and for the longest time I thought it was this BB cream that was making me break out until I switched sunscreens.. go figure!
- In all my years I've never found a more perfect color match, seriously. The only foundation I could stand was Givenchy's Eclate Matissime and the lightest shade is too yellow for me. I know I have pale skin but dang, I didn't think I was THAT pale. This fixes everything (it is SLIGHTLY a little too dark, but not that noticeable if you apply down your neck)
- The coverage is amazing, I mean amazing, It doesn't cover EVERYTHING but it covers MOST (there's no foundation/BB cream alone that can cover everything without concealer, etc anyway).
- My skin looks so fresh and healthy and omg
- It looks SUPER natural and that's the best thing I could ask for

CONS
- PLEASE don't rely on the sunscreen in this foundation.. It even says to apply additional sun protection. Nothing makes me more angry than people relying on their foundation for sunscreen (even a lady at Sephora said that people can get sun protection with their foundation.. I was appalled! There's no way you can get adequate sun protection without actually applying sunscreen.. Look for my review on UV Clear Spf 46 aka the best sunscreen ever).
- I really wouldn't recommend this BB cream for dry skin unless your skin is properly prepped. It doesn't take too kindly to dry skin.
- I also wouldn't recommend this BB cream for those with fine lines/wrinkles, it really emphasizes them (I didn't know I even had find lines around my mouth until this BB cream, but it really is worth it to just touch up throughout the day to fix this).
- Ingredients are super scary!! I wish I could find more reviews on natural foundations, but until then I will use this
- I can't apply this without applying powder on top (it'll look shiny on my forehead otherwise), but that really isn't a CON, just something I have to do.

on 7/30/2014 9:43:00 PM

I love this bb cream. I have it in the shade clear which is perfect for my wintertime skin. It should be noted that there is no glower dewiness, just a natural finish that it almost undetectable, even close up and with natural light.
It doesn't have full UVA/UVB coverage, despite the spf claims. It blocks only one of those spectrums (I can't remember which).
I love the narrow nozzle for dispensing and tend to mix it with darker foundations for A natural shade match in the summer.

on 7/28/2014 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best bb cream ever! At first, I used it with powder on top of it, so I didn't think it was that great. But when I started using only the bb cream, and nothing else, I realized it is amazing. Super natural, gives your skin a peachy look... Expensive, but worth it.

Absolutely hands down best BB cream I have ever used!! I used this during the week instead of foundation to give my skin a natural look. The coverage isnt anything special but wow does this blend! Any other bb cream I have used does not blend and leaves a weird orange tint. This is personally the best product, I will always re-purchase!

on 6/25/2014 4:47:00 AM

When I first bought it I used it daily, and immediately repuchased another one when I ran out. I use the Clear one, and the colour was perfect, and I felt like it made my skin look really healthy and fresh. Coverage isn't fantastic but I wasn't looking for good coverage as this is a bb cream, and so that was not the top of my concerns. I was sold on the SPF coverage; was told four pluses was not usual for most products (and that's still true). The texture of the cream is smooth, and a little does go a long way, since the nozzle is so tiny. I still use it when I want something hydrating, but I've since switched to other bb creams (mostly Korean brands) as I feel that it suits my Asian skin better. This one tends towards the oily side towards mid-day, and I would have to touch up by blotting my face.

Well, I've gotta say I really like this product. A Lot. Its nice and light and goes on easy and definitely improves the way my skin looks. If I was going to make a quibble about this it would be nice if there were more shades to choose from but then again YSL isn't the only one with a limited range of shades so I guess its the nature of the beast.
For everyday wear I'd definitely recommend this and would buy again.