September 16, 2014 | 2030 users online

Polishes - Different Dimension Orion Nebula

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Orion Nebula is a mix of big pink/purple iridescent circle glitter and smaller hot pink circle glitter in a sheer black base. It's best layered over black polish for depth and opacity. You really have to fish for the bigger iridescent glitters if you want more than 1 or 2 in your manicure, but I'm fine with that many as it gives me an unplanned, random "accent nail" look. The polish needs to be dabbed on to get even coverage of even the less troublesome smaller glitter, but that isn't a problem, because the black base is thin and sheer enough to seep away from the glitter - there's no shoving individual glitters around with the brush, as is the case with many diffuse glitter polishes. The end effect looks absolutely fathomless, like I can get lost in space just staring at my nails. Aside from the gorgeous look, I was also impressed that Orion Nebula didn't show tipwear for 4 days, unlike many jelly glitter polishes that show tipwear almost immediately. My mani in the pic above looks messy not because of Orion Nebula, which applies nicely, but because of the black polish I used underneath it (Pure Ice Black Rage), which I need to replace with something better.