August 28, 2014 | 1173 users online

Liquid - Becca - Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Kendallrhd

I love this stuff! It's long lasting, medum to full coverage but still looks very natural. It doesn't feel cakey at all. It isn't a very thick cnsistent but it's still very good coverage. I have extremely oily skin and I dust a little bit of the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder over it. It keeps me pretty matte all throughout the day. Considering I live in Texas, it gets very hot and this foundation holds up all day long. The only downside to this foundation is the price. At $42, it is a little pricey. If you're willing to pay the price, this foundation is a really great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by LittleMizzS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely write reviews for makeup. But I often benefit from others who do so I thought it was only fair.

This foundation has changed the game. I normally use Revlon Colorstay in a mixture of caramel and cappuccino, with a milk of magnesia primer for my T-zone and lanacane for the rest of my face.

I wanted a trustworthy flawless foundation for a big interview I have coming up (melting foundation mid presentation is not cute), So after doing some research and hearing rave reviews from a couple of trusted sources, I took the plunge and treated myself the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer and the Becca Matte Skin Foundation in the colour Sienna (I was torn between Sienna and Mink but Mink seemed too cool toned for me). The opaque tube packaging isn't ideal as you can't see how much product is left, but its very clean at least. I think I will just have to gauge how much is left by the weight of it. You get 40ml of product in each which is a lot more than the average foundation so it should last a fair while if you don't go to crazy with it!

I am road testing the combo today on a regular work day to see how it goes. I skipped my moisturiser (I use Vichy Normaderm Anti-Age - it never really affects my makeup application but I wanted to truly test this primer and foundation). First thing I noticed is that this stuff is SUPER Matte. Both the primer and foundation. It dries down to a powder like finish. It is light-ish coverage, but buildable with no problems for me (I applied it with the real techniques face sponge). It applied smoothly and set quickly and looked velvety matte. It was so matte that I didn't even need to powder. I added a touch of MAC blot powder to my nose just for insurance but other than that I was good to go. It's now 5 hours into my day and it still looks as fresh as when I applied it. No oxidation, no oil breakthrough, no need for powder touch ups. For a Grease-Queen like myself, this is a revelation. With a regular foundation, I would have need to blot and powder at least twice by now! No disrespect, Revlon, but you just got upstaged! I'd love it even more if it was cheaper, however it's still worth every penny so can't complain too much. This will do nicely for my high pressure interview, I think.

Tips:

- Prep your face; exfoliate with a soap free cleanser before you apply. I exfoliate daily anyway so haven't had this issue but I can imagine this product would show up any dry or flaky patches you have. If you use a moisturiser, make sure it's oil free.

- Work quickly. It dries fast and doesn't move or transfer once it's set so work on blending one area of your face at a time rather than dotting it all over before working it it. You'll end up patchy that way as the unblended parts dry before you get to them.

- Only use both the Foundation and Primer together if you're super oily like me or its a really hot/humid day. If you have normal/drier skin, choose one or the other. Using both when your skin doesn't need it will make you drier.

- Use a concealer. LA Girl HD Concealer is my HG. it works well with this foundation in my opinion. If you have areas with blemishes/hyperpigmentation etc, don't blame the foundation for not covering it. That's what concealer is for, not foundation. Foundation is designed to even your skin out. Not completely change the colour of your face.

I'd definitely buy this foundation again. The price obviously means that I wouldn't use it for every day, but this is going to be my go to special occassion makeup for sure. Try it! You won't be dissapointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Holy Grail for me; I bought Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation in the shade Amber which is deep tan w/ warm red undertones. I got it for $42 at Sephora—ugh, I know, but this foundation is worth the price. I bought it so it would control my oily skin through the day. I love this on my face because it feels natural & it’s not heavy; the colour, especially the red undertones, matched me like a dream without making me look too made up… a look I dislike. This foundation offers a medium coverage which can be built to full if you have acne scarring or discoloration like I do. It covers fine without concealing, in my opinion.

I suggest applying Ever-Matte with a damp beauty blender an opposed to a brush because it’s easier to blend that way. The squeeze tube is an awesome idea, but since the bottle is opaque, I don't/won't know how much is left. A little goes a long way, so don’t over apply this. You don’t need to wear a pound of product. It doesn’t take long to set & it leaves a real, true matte finish. I recommend this makeup to anyone with oily/very oily skin

I'll most likely repurchase this, but definitely not on a whim again. Like I said, even though this is one of my favourite ever foundations, it cost more than $40! I know that’s not a whole lot for such a good-quality foundation to some people, but to a college student like me, spending $40 on one makeup product is an issue. I don't wear this every day. I’d definitely shop around online first to see if I could buy it cheaper before I buy it full price from Sephora or from the BECCA Cosmetics website.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ChuihCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade buttercup and I'm nc 20-25 skintone for reference. This gives really light to light medium coverage. It gives you no more coverage than a powder foundation does. It was a bummer because this claims to be a medium coverage. Building it up makes it look cakey because it has a powdery finish. This won't cover any blemishes or dark spots you have. It was disappointing because the color was a dead on match for my skin. This also does not oxidize dramatically. I don't think it has a scent other then a scent of makeup. Now it is pretty long lasting, it wore for about 8 hours before oil broke through it. It can cling to dry spots though. But It held my blush in place. My face looked smooth and put together. I would recommend this for people who enjoy a light coverage but don't really have skin problems and have oily skin. People with dry skin could use this with moisturizer under it to give a nice lasting look to the face. I won't be buying this again as I want something with more coverage and that won't look bad if it needed to be built up. It's easy to find a match if you want to try it as there is a wide range of shades. Cat, :3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jescaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail foundation used to be Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. I still love that foundation but when I purchased the Becca it was so much lighter and natural looking on the skin that I slowly stopped using the EL one. I use a primer underneath and it doesn't keep me shine proof all day but it looks so natural and doesn't oxidize through out the day. I can also blot very easily and it will still look fresh. I work at a school so I dont want to look too made up so this foundation is perfect for everyday use. Application is super easy and it blends perfectly. I use the color Bamboo and am around NC40 in Mac foundations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25, very yellow, and Buttercup is a great match, as it is pretty yellow. I really love the shade, which is a shame because this foundation does not work for me.

When I first got a sample of the Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation, I also got a bit of the Matte Skin Shine Proof foundation. Unfortunately, too late, I noticed that the SA hadn't distinguished between the two -- both bags were labeled "Becca, Buttercup." I figured it would be easy enough to tell the difference by feeling the consistency of each, but I was wrong. Both foundations feel very similar: smooth and a little thick, but not too thick. The shades are similar as well. I want to say one looked a teeny bit lighter than the other, but I really don't think there was much of a difference. If you're Buttercup in RSSF, you're good to get Buttercup in MSSP.

Both foundations smoothed on nicely with my Beautyblender, though the matte formula did tend to emphasize dry patches and look a little cakey/dry. The radiant formula was on the dewier side and did not accentuate dry patches. Both offer up to medium coverage, though the radiant needs more building. However, it is easier to build with the radiant formula because the matte formula does get a bit cakey quickly.
If you have stubborn hyperpigmentation, you might need concealer.
Though the radiant foundation is dewier, when both formulas dry down, they look pretty much the same (satin but a bit more matte, and smooth), except that the matte foundation does look drier.
I did not experience any oxidation or pooling of foundation in pores.

Neither foundations offered good oil control or lasting powder, though the matte formula did better than the radiant formula. But not much better. And while the radiant foundation got pretty greasy quickly, it did offer a much nicer finish.

I wouldn't recommend either of these formulas for oily skin because they do not have good oil control and do not last. At the same time, I wouldn't recommend the matte formula for drier skin because it emphasizes dry patches. I think the radiant formula would work best for drier skin, and the matte formula for normal/combination skin that is moisturized and exfoliated.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

This foundation is really great for my skin type.
My background: fair-medium Asian skin with strong olive/yellow tones, sensitive, acne-prone. Before this I was using mineral foundation and really having trouble with the coverage.
This has been so much better in terms of coverage and texture. Literally I can slap this on and my skin will look smooth and even. For darker spots a little concealer makes it perfect. I really love how natural this looks and the best part is this does not cause acne for me as since I switched to this I have fewer clogs and breakouts.
My skin does not get super oily like it did with minerals and feel balanced and fresh for 8+ hours.
The only issue I have is the colors. I have a hard time matching to a perfect shade for my skin tone even though Becca has a nice selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Lovely natural matte finish with medium coverage. Easily the most comfortable and natural looking of my matte formulas (Revlon Colorstay and Whipped Creme, Nars Sheer Matte Glow, all powder formulas incl BM Matte and MAC MSN, StudioFix). Definitely not full coverage which is why it looks the most natural, yet still finished. I apply with fingers and double up around nose and red cheeks. Excellent light and portable squeeze tube packaging, great for gym and travel. I use Fawn for now (summer) and am a MAC C4 light Asian tan neutral gal. Lasts from 730am til first nose shine at 4pm and that’s on top of moisturizer and sunscreen. Not too bad! Not as long lasting as Revlon, but the perk is the natural lightweight formula and excellent packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a light - medium coverage foundation. I am neutral toned and ordered Shell, which claims to be a neutral colour. Shell turned out to be distinctly yellow toned on me - in fact, slightly too yellow. Shell will fit the NC10 -15 folks. If you can get to a store, it would be better to swatch the colours. There's a good range of 18 shades. Unfortunately, Becca isn't available in my country.

I like the packaging.. it comes in a convenient squeeze tube. You won't get a huge blob of foundation coming out all at once. It has a thin consistency; the finish is very matte and there is no shimmer whatsoever. I don't think the finish is mask-like though, as the foundation is really not very thick and won't cover any serious blemishes. I still have to use concealer for my undereye circles.

This foundation is suitable for normal to oily skin. On me, the oil control was average..nothing different from all my other foundations. It hasn't dried me out or caused any breakouts. It is free of oil, alcohol and fragrance. I can smell a slight make-up scent when I apply this but it disappears quickly. FYI, don't use this together with the matching Ever Matte primer as they don't go well together. (Please refer to my review on the primer)

I neither like nor dislike this foundation. Mainly because I am not a fan of the matte finish. It reminds me of a lighter version of the now-discontinued Estee Lauder Double Wear. If you like ELDW, I'd say that you would like this too. Otherwise, you would be better off skipping this.