October 21, 2014 | 1231 users online

Liquid - Becca - Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by bharper613

After using bareminerals for years, I went to my local Ulta store and requested a consult. Bareminerals was not working for me anymore as my skin has gotten oiler with age. I was introduced to Becca ever-matte primer and foundation. I am in love! The color is a perfect match. A little goes a long way which made the expensive price easier to swallow. I used a really good foundation brush to apply which gave a light airbrushed feel and appearance. Did not even feel like I had makeup on. It is very buildable so you can get the coverage you want. After applying and wearing all day my makeup still looked fresh as if I just applied. I did not have to touch up at all throughout the day. Oiliness was kept under control.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for about a month. I love it. It's very matte and long-wearing. I find that I barely need to touch up my makeup whenever I wear this. It lasts 10+ hours. I also don't need to blot because it keeps my oily skin very, very matte. If you layer this one, it may even be too matte for some. Coverage is medium to full. I wear the shade Cashmere and find it to be a perfect match (I'm normally NC30 in MAC for reference). I like the packaging as well. My only complaint is it's a bit too expensive but I would probably repurchase it since I like the way it looks on my face and it hasn't caused my sensitive skin to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in the deepest shade, "Cacao". It is a decent, but not perfect color match for my chocolate brown skin. I wished it had a little bit of red in it; it's very brown.

The coverage is very sheer. I have discolorations and they still show through. But, I do admit to using a little product so I don't look overly made up.

It is indeed very matte and did keep my usually overly oily face somewhat matte for most of the day. You really don't even need a powder on top which kinda makes up for the ridiculous high price of $42.

I've only had it 2 days, so if needed, I will update this review.

UPDATE: I will be returning this; Sorry Becca. The undertone is too yellow. I am about Kelly Rowland's color or maybe a little darker but my skin has reddish undertones. This makeup has none so it looks ashy/gray/greenish/ muddy when I put it on all over my face. Which leads me to a recent revelation. The next foundation I purchase, I will test it over my entire face. Sometimes just testing a small area doesn't give you a true representation of what it'll look like.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this foundation at Sephora and somehow forgot all about it. I was rummaging through my MU drawer today and stumbled over it. In spite of my age I'm still oily and breakup-prone (yes, I'm lucky that way). However, I don't want anything too drying. I took a chance and tried this on. I must say, so far I'm pleased.

It has a rather thick texture so at first I thought, OMG, this is spackle. But I moisturized my skin thoroughly and used a damp beauty blender to spread this. I got a very nice medium coverage without the masky look (but you can easily get full coverage with less moisturizer), not dry or "glowy" (yuck). More like satiny. The color I got was Butterscotch and it's a good match for my skin. I dusted some powder on my T-zone and sprayed All Nighter all over my face (never leave home w/o it). No dusty mummy look.

That was 3 hours ago. My MU still looks intact and I didn't blot of powder it. The fdt works well with my natural oils and now I look definitely satiny, not greasy. I'm glad it worked because I was on my way out and I would not have had the time to redo my face. My skin is behaving now so I hope to heavens this fdt does not break me out. I will update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Kendallrhd

I love this stuff! It's long lasting, medum to full coverage but still looks very natural. It doesn't feel cakey at all. It isn't a very thick cnsistent but it's still very good coverage. I have extremely oily skin and I dust a little bit of the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder over it. It keeps me pretty matte all throughout the day. Considering I live in Texas, it gets very hot and this foundation holds up all day long. The only downside to this foundation is the price. At $42, it is a little pricey. If you're willing to pay the price, this foundation is a really great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by LittleMizzS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely write reviews for makeup. But I often benefit from others who do so I thought it was only fair.

This foundation has changed the game. I normally use Revlon Colorstay in a mixture of caramel and cappuccino, with a milk of magnesia primer for my T-zone and lanacane for the rest of my face.

I wanted a trustworthy flawless foundation for a big interview I have coming up (melting foundation mid presentation is not cute), So after doing some research and hearing rave reviews from a couple of trusted sources, I took the plunge and treated myself the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer and the Becca Matte Skin Foundation in the colour Sienna (I was torn between Sienna and Mink but Mink seemed too cool toned for me). The opaque tube packaging isn't ideal as you can't see how much product is left, but its very clean at least. I think I will just have to gauge how much is left by the weight of it. You get 40ml of product in each which is a lot more than the average foundation so it should last a fair while if you don't go to crazy with it!

I am road testing the combo today on a regular work day to see how it goes. I skipped my moisturiser (I use Vichy Normaderm Anti-Age - it never really affects my makeup application but I wanted to truly test this primer and foundation). First thing I noticed is that this stuff is SUPER Matte. Both the primer and foundation. It dries down to a powder like finish. It is light-ish coverage, but buildable with no problems for me (I applied it with the real techniques face sponge). It applied smoothly and set quickly and looked velvety matte. It was so matte that I didn't even need to powder. I added a touch of MAC blot powder to my nose just for insurance but other than that I was good to go. It's now 5 hours into my day and it still looks as fresh as when I applied it. No oxidation, no oil breakthrough, no need for powder touch ups. For a Grease-Queen like myself, this is a revelation. With a regular foundation, I would have need to blot and powder at least twice by now! No disrespect, Revlon, but you just got upstaged! I'd love it even more if it was cheaper, however it's still worth every penny so can't complain too much. This will do nicely for my high pressure interview, I think.

Tips:

- Prep your face; exfoliate with a soap free cleanser before you apply. I exfoliate daily anyway so haven't had this issue but I can imagine this product would show up any dry or flaky patches you have. If you use a moisturiser, make sure it's oil free.

- Work quickly. It dries fast and doesn't move or transfer once it's set so work on blending one area of your face at a time rather than dotting it all over before working it it. You'll end up patchy that way as the unblended parts dry before you get to them.

- Only use both the Foundation and Primer together if you're super oily like me or its a really hot/humid day. If you have normal/drier skin, choose one or the other. Using both when your skin doesn't need it will make you drier.

- Use a concealer. LA Girl HD Concealer is my HG. it works well with this foundation in my opinion. If you have areas with blemishes/hyperpigmentation etc, don't blame the foundation for not covering it. That's what concealer is for, not foundation. Foundation is designed to even your skin out. Not completely change the colour of your face.

I'd definitely buy this foundation again. The price obviously means that I wouldn't use it for every day, but this is going to be my go to special occassion makeup for sure. Try it! You won't be dissapointed.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Holy Grail for me; I bought Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation in the shade Amber which is deep tan w/ warm red undertones. I got it for $42 at Sephora—ugh, I know, but this foundation is worth the price. I bought it so it would control my oily skin through the day. I love this on my face because it feels natural & it’s not heavy; the colour, especially the red undertones, matched me like a dream without making me look too made up… a look I dislike. This foundation offers a medium coverage which can be built to full if you have acne scarring or discoloration like I do. It covers fine without concealing, in my opinion.

I suggest applying Ever-Matte with a damp beauty blender an opposed to a brush because it’s easier to blend that way. The squeeze tube is an awesome idea, but since the bottle is opaque, I don't/won't know how much is left. A little goes a long way, so don’t over apply this. You don’t need to wear a pound of product. It doesn’t take long to set & it leaves a real, true matte finish. I recommend this makeup to anyone with oily/very oily skin

I'll most likely repurchase this, but definitely not on a whim again. Like I said, even though this is one of my favourite ever foundations, it cost more than $40! I know that’s not a whole lot for such a good-quality foundation to some people, but to a college student like me, spending $40 on one makeup product is an issue. I don't wear this every day. I’d definitely shop around online first to see if I could buy it cheaper before I buy it full price from Sephora or from the BECCA Cosmetics website.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ChuihCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade buttercup and I'm nc 20-25 skintone for reference. This gives really light to light medium coverage. It gives you no more coverage than a powder foundation does. It was a bummer because this claims to be a medium coverage. Building it up makes it look cakey because it has a powdery finish. This won't cover any blemishes or dark spots you have. It was disappointing because the color was a dead on match for my skin. This also does not oxidize dramatically. I don't think it has a scent other then a scent of makeup. Now it is pretty long lasting, it wore for about 8 hours before oil broke through it. It can cling to dry spots though. But It held my blush in place. My face looked smooth and put together. I would recommend this for people who enjoy a light coverage but don't really have skin problems and have oily skin. People with dry skin could use this with moisturizer under it to give a nice lasting look to the face. I won't be buying this again as I want something with more coverage and that won't look bad if it needed to be built up. It's easy to find a match if you want to try it as there is a wide range of shades. Cat, :3

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jescaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail foundation used to be Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. I still love that foundation but when I purchased the Becca it was so much lighter and natural looking on the skin that I slowly stopped using the EL one. I use a primer underneath and it doesn't keep me shine proof all day but it looks so natural and doesn't oxidize through out the day. I can also blot very easily and it will still look fresh. I work at a school so I dont want to look too made up so this foundation is perfect for everyday use. Application is super easy and it blends perfectly. I use the color Bamboo and am around NC40 in Mac foundations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25, very yellow, and Buttercup is a great match, as it is pretty yellow. I really love the shade, which is a shame because this foundation does not work for me.

When I first got a sample of the Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation, I also got a bit of the Matte Skin Shine Proof foundation. Unfortunately, too late, I noticed that the SA hadn't distinguished between the two -- both bags were labeled "Becca, Buttercup." I figured it would be easy enough to tell the difference by feeling the consistency of each, but I was wrong. Both foundations feel very similar: smooth and a little thick, but not too thick. The shades are similar as well. I want to say one looked a teeny bit lighter than the other, but I really don't think there was much of a difference. If you're Buttercup in RSSF, you're good to get Buttercup in MSSP.

Both foundations smoothed on nicely with my Beautyblender, though the matte formula did tend to emphasize dry patches and look a little cakey/dry. The radiant formula was on the dewier side and did not accentuate dry patches. Both offer up to medium coverage, though the radiant needs more building. However, it is easier to build with the radiant formula because the matte formula does get a bit cakey quickly.
If you have stubborn hyperpigmentation, you might need concealer.
Though the radiant foundation is dewier, when both formulas dry down, they look pretty much the same (satin but a bit more matte, and smooth), except that the matte foundation does look drier.
I did not experience any oxidation or pooling of foundation in pores.

Neither foundations offered good oil control or lasting powder, though the matte formula did better than the radiant formula. But not much better. And while the radiant foundation got pretty greasy quickly, it did offer a much nicer finish.

I wouldn't recommend either of these formulas for oily skin because they do not have good oil control and do not last. At the same time, I wouldn't recommend the matte formula for drier skin because it emphasizes dry patches. I think the radiant formula would work best for drier skin, and the matte formula for normal/combination skin that is moisturized and exfoliated.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No