February 28, 2015 | 1258 users online

Liquid - Becca - Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 7:22:00 AM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought the Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation after running out of my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and I'm going to have to stand its glass bottle upside down so that I can get the last drops out of it which is a bit annoying. Which leads me to what I like a lot about the Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation which is its packaging, a soft squeezy tube that keeps out all of the air. I've tried out this foundation so far only once during the winter time and I have very oily skin although these days I use an IUD coil that controls my oiliness a bit. This foundation stayed on my face the whole day and stayed very matte yet I didn't even use a lot of powder at all after I applied it nor did I have to re-touch with powder at all. I'd say this foundation gives the skin a light to medium coverage or medium coverage and its ability to give a person medium coverage or possibly more should be quite good as its texture seems to be buildable.

Around 10 to 11 hours of wear, the area of my face surrounding my nose and the tip of my nose started to shine just a tiny bit but that was all I think. I will need to test this particular foundation for transferability on to white paper and white or light clothes however as I'm not sure because when I wore it the first time I was wearing black and didn't touch any paper. Plus I'd like to see how this foundation will perform during the summer. I'm a MAC NC45, an Estée Lauder Rich Caramel, a Bobbi Brown Warm Almond and a Fashion Fair Butterscotch so my color in Becca is Tobacco. Tobacco is a very good match for me, a light to medium brown with definite yellow undertones without appearing too light or washed out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mandymckk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this foundation. But alas, 'twas too patchy. In some places, it clung on like crazy, and looked very much like caked foundation. And I don't have any dry patches, so that's not the problem! I think it was actually the little peach fuzz everyone has on their face that it was clinging to. Not cute when you're not trying to look like you have a beard and a mustache. In other places, it looked like there was no foundation on at all. I tried applying with a brush, my fingers, and a beauty blender, and got the same results.

Not blendable at all. I knew I would have to work quick since it's matte, but it felt dry from the second I touched it to my face. I prefer foundations that start out wetter and dry to a matte foundation, which this is not at all.

It is very matte, that is true. However, it looked almost powdery, when I had not applied any powder. Some oil breakthrough on the sides of my nose after a while.

Lasting power is pretty good. I can't account for how it would hold up in hot weather or throughout strenuous activity, but on an average day to day basis, it lasts well.

tl;dr I will be returning this foundation. It is simply too patchy and the coverage isn't even that good. Pros are that it is a true matte foundation and lasts well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Fancymom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. It is creamy (at first) to apply, then dries down to a matte finish. I don't even need powder! It is so fast and easy. It does dry down pretty quick so you do have to spread it fast :)
End result is flawless. Hides pores beautifully. Definitely NOT for dry skin people. It will stick to dry patches or skin flaking. Just exfoliate well and moisturize before application and you will be fine! I have light olive skin, and the color Buff is a perfect match on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by bharper613

After using bareminerals for years, I went to my local Ulta store and requested a consult. Bareminerals was not working for me anymore as my skin has gotten oiler with age. I was introduced to Becca ever-matte primer and foundation. I am in love! The color is a perfect match. A little goes a long way which made the expensive price easier to swallow. I used a really good foundation brush to apply which gave a light airbrushed feel and appearance. Did not even feel like I had makeup on. It is very buildable so you can get the coverage you want. After applying and wearing all day my makeup still looked fresh as if I just applied. I did not have to touch up at all throughout the day. Oiliness was kept under control.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this foundation for a little over three months. I'll use up what I have but I won't be repurchasing. I find this to be too sheer for my taste but too drying to be layered on. The oil control lasts for about four hours for me until I need to blot or power my face. It's a decent foundation overall but for the hefty $42 price tag, I expect much better coverage and lasting power. The only pros that I really like are that this doesn't seem to make me break out and there are a lot colors to choose from. Continuing the search for my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this in the deepest shade, "Cacao". It is a decent, but not perfect color match for my chocolate brown skin. I wished it had a little bit of red in it; it's very brown.

The coverage is very sheer. I have discolorations and they still show through. But, I do admit to using a little product so I don't look overly made up.

It is indeed very matte and did keep my usually overly oily face somewhat matte for most of the day. You really don't even need a powder on top which kinda makes up for the ridiculous high price of $42.

I've only had it 2 days, so if needed, I will update this review.

UPDATE: I will be returning this; Sorry Becca. The undertone is too yellow. I am about Kelly Rowland's color or maybe a little darker but my skin has reddish undertones. This makeup has none so it looks ashy/gray/greenish/ muddy when I put it on all over my face. Which leads me to a recent revelation. The next foundation I purchase, I will test it over my entire face. Sometimes just testing a small area doesn't give you a true representation of what it'll look like.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I think I'm going to get a full bottle of this. I wore it for 7 straight hours (only 1/2 hour break) and didn't even have to blot. I even got complimented on my skin, which is NOT conmpliment-worthy. I am a full-coverage fdt gal and of all the ones I have this fdt gives me the best finish: full, but satiny and non mask-like. One word of advice: MUST use it with a damp BB. Otherwise it can look heavy.

I got a sample of this foundation at Sephora and somehow forgot all about it. I was rummaging through my MU drawer today and stumbled over it. In spite of my age I'm still oily and breakup-prone (yes, I'm lucky that way). However, I don't want anything too drying. I took a chance and tried this on. I must say, so far I'm pleased.

It has a rather thick texture so at first I thought, OMG, this is spackle. But I moisturized my skin thoroughly and used a damp beauty blender to spread this. I got a very nice medium coverage without the masky look (but you can easily get full coverage with less moisturizer), not dry or "glowy" (yuck). More like satiny. The color I got was Butterscotch and it's a good match for my skin. I dusted some powder on my T-zone and sprayed All Nighter all over my face (never leave home w/o it). No dusty mummy look.

That was 3 hours ago. My MU still looks intact and I didn't blot of powder it. The fdt works well with my natural oils and now I look definitely satiny, not greasy. I'm glad it worked because I was on my way out and I would not have had the time to redo my face. My skin is behaving now so I hope to heavens this fdt does not break me out. I will update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Kendallrhd

I love this stuff! It's long lasting, medum to full coverage but still looks very natural. It doesn't feel cakey at all. It isn't a very thick cnsistent but it's still very good coverage. I have extremely oily skin and I dust a little bit of the L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder over it. It keeps me pretty matte all throughout the day. Considering I live in Texas, it gets very hot and this foundation holds up all day long. The only downside to this foundation is the price. At $42, it is a little pricey. If you're willing to pay the price, this foundation is a really great investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by LittleMizzS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely write reviews for makeup. But I often benefit from others who do so I thought it was only fair.

This foundation has changed the game. I normally use Revlon Colorstay in a mixture of caramel and cappuccino, with a milk of magnesia primer for my T-zone and lanacane for the rest of my face.

I wanted a trustworthy flawless foundation for a big interview I have coming up (melting foundation mid presentation is not cute), So after doing some research and hearing rave reviews from a couple of trusted sources, I took the plunge and treated myself the Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer and the Becca Matte Skin Foundation in the colour Sienna (I was torn between Sienna and Mink but Mink seemed too cool toned for me). The opaque tube packaging isn't ideal as you can't see how much product is left, but its very clean at least. I think I will just have to gauge how much is left by the weight of it. You get 40ml of product in each which is a lot more than the average foundation so it should last a fair while if you don't go to crazy with it!

I am road testing the combo today on a regular work day to see how it goes. I skipped my moisturiser (I use Vichy Normaderm Anti-Age - it never really affects my makeup application but I wanted to truly test this primer and foundation). First thing I noticed is that this stuff is SUPER Matte. Both the primer and foundation. It dries down to a powder like finish. It is light-ish coverage, but buildable with no problems for me (I applied it with the real techniques face sponge). It applied smoothly and set quickly and looked velvety matte. It was so matte that I didn't even need to powder. I added a touch of MAC blot powder to my nose just for insurance but other than that I was good to go. It's now 5 hours into my day and it still looks as fresh as when I applied it. No oxidation, no oil breakthrough, no need for powder touch ups. For a Grease-Queen like myself, this is a revelation. With a regular foundation, I would have need to blot and powder at least twice by now! No disrespect, Revlon, but you just got upstaged! I'd love it even more if it was cheaper, however it's still worth every penny so can't complain too much. This will do nicely for my high pressure interview, I think.

Tips:

- Prep your face; exfoliate with a soap free cleanser before you apply. I exfoliate daily anyway so haven't had this issue but I can imagine this product would show up any dry or flaky patches you have. If you use a moisturiser, make sure it's oil free.

- Work quickly. It dries fast and doesn't move or transfer once it's set so work on blending one area of your face at a time rather than dotting it all over before working it it. You'll end up patchy that way as the unblended parts dry before you get to them.

- Only use both the Foundation and Primer together if you're super oily like me or its a really hot/humid day. If you have normal/drier skin, choose one or the other. Using both when your skin doesn't need it will make you drier.

- Use a concealer. LA Girl HD Concealer is my HG. it works well with this foundation in my opinion. If you have areas with blemishes/hyperpigmentation etc, don't blame the foundation for not covering it. That's what concealer is for, not foundation. Foundation is designed to even your skin out. Not completely change the colour of your face.

I'd definitely buy this foundation again. The price obviously means that I wouldn't use it for every day, but this is going to be my go to special occassion makeup for sure. Try it! You won't be dissapointed.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Holy Grail for me; I bought Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation in the shade Amber which is deep tan w/ warm red undertones. I got it for $42 at Sephora—ugh, I know, but this foundation is worth the price. I bought it so it would control my oily skin through the day. I love this on my face because it feels natural & it’s not heavy; the colour, especially the red undertones, matched me like a dream without making me look too made up… a look I dislike. This foundation offers a medium coverage which can be built to full if you have acne scarring or discoloration like I do. It covers fine without concealing, in my opinion.

I suggest applying Ever-Matte with a damp beauty blender an opposed to a brush because it’s easier to blend that way. The squeeze tube is an awesome idea, but since the bottle is opaque, I don't/won't know how much is left. A little goes a long way, so don’t over apply this. You don’t need to wear a pound of product. It doesn’t take long to set & it leaves a real, true matte finish. I recommend this makeup to anyone with oily/very oily skin

I'll most likely repurchase this, but definitely not on a whim again. Like I said, even though this is one of my favourite ever foundations, it cost more than $40! I know that’s not a whole lot for such a good-quality foundation to some people, but to a college student like me, spending $40 on one makeup product is an issue. I don't wear this every day. I’d definitely shop around online first to see if I could buy it cheaper before I buy it full price from Sephora or from the BECCA Cosmetics website.