Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Hydrogenated Didecene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Disodium Edta, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nope. Nope. Nope. No no no no.

I picked this up because I heard it was a lighter alternative to the Ultimate Creme foundation. I don't really need that much coverage so I thought about trying something a little less heavy. I also had a pretty good experience with the UC so that helped.

First off, I bought the color tobacco because that's what I wear in the other line. However, tobacco in this line comes up ashy on me and I was a bit disappointed. But aside from the color match, the formula for this just sucks.

So, it covers nothing at all. At all. I color corrected and you could still see blemishes under my foundation. For a foundation of its consistency I expected it to at least cover blemishes after color correcting. But thats not so.

Using this with the becca every matte makes it really drying. Now I do have oily skin and the foundation eventually settled after leaving it on my face for a while, but when you first put it on, it is so hard to even do my eyebrows with dip brow because the foundation was so dry I couldn't just seamlessly fill anything in. I had to literally drag my eyebrow brush.

I didn't notice any creasing and I feel like the color did end up oxidizing to match me, but for the price and the performance it gave, it just isn't worth it. I'll be returning this to Sephora.

Finally a foundation that doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything on my face! I have combination- sensitive skin and I've been testing out many different foundations that would 1. not make me breakout 2. does not slide off my face during greasy hours. My face tends to lean towards oily in the t-zone areas. Previously I've used foundations that contained spf and had a "luminous" finish. But I always feel so oily at the end of the day and that caused my skin to break out. This foundation does not have spf and has a matte finish. I was very surprised by how much coverage this gave me. It's like a medium coverage peaking to full. It felt very light on my skin and did not feel greasy or heavy. I always touch my face with this on bc I don't realize I still have it on- that's how natural it felt! It didn't sink into my pores either or look cakey which is what most matte foundations can result.

I have a combination skin and constantly struggle with the shiny T zone. And I am always in search for a perfect foundation that will keep my completion shine free for at least two hours after the application.
Naturally I though that this one will do the job as it proudly states in the name that it is mattifying...
Unfortunately-not the case. My skin looked oily after 10 min of applying it and all day long I had to continue blotting and powdering. So it wasn't for me.
However I did rate it with three stars because I did overall like the texture, the natural looking good coverage and the colour. So I am sure that someone with more dry skin will find this foundation very pleasant to use.

I have been on the search for a great foundation that won't make me look like a grease ball at the end of the night nor look like a cake pan. I went into to sephora and immediately LOVED the formula and the way it felt on my skin. the foundation works well with the Becca primer, stays matte and lets your natural skin come through. BUT the downside it leaves my dry patches showing. I do use a good moisturizer but the matte was just leaving me TOO dry. I wish Becca cosmetics could create a foundation without the Matteness. But overall great foundation.

a basic light coverage foundation that keeps skin slightly matte, cannot build up to a medium coverage, and it's very dull and flat looking. wouldn't purchase again as it is super expensive for the things it does. the only positive is it did not break me out.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this stuff and hate that i wasted so much money on it. I would have returned it to Ulta but i lost the receipt. I have very oily skin and this does nothing to help with it. (After washing my face I'm oily in like 5 minutes no matter what.) I guess this is matte looking at first, but by the time I'm done I'm already oily on my chin. The coverage isn't even that impressive either. This is somehow drying AND doesn't prevent any oil. Ive seriously used CoverGirl foundation that is better and longer lasting than this stuff. NO BUENO!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've finally... FINALLY... found my holy grail foundation with this Aussie brand. Although it is expensive, it is actually something I would bulk purchase - I love it that much! For my super reactive and redness prone skin, this foundation is not only soothing, natural looking and imperfection blurring, it also is long wearing with only 1 touch up per day (unheard of for me with my super oily skin). After one blot and minimal powder, 5 minutes later my skin looks soft and natural. I'm learning to work with my natural oils rather than try to banish them - a battle I'd lose. By the end of the day, I've got a dewy look (not oil slick territory, thank goodness!).

For me mixing a tiny amount of BECCA Ever Matte with my MUFE Full Cover concealer to camouflage trouble areas results in a natural, smoother look. I really have to lean forward and practically kiss my mirror to see that I'm wearing makeup when I use a makeup sponge (imagine the happy celebratory dance because it soooo happened). I prefer the sponge method for day. For evening wear, I use a brush to apply and pat on gently (rather than buff), just like I would with the sponge. Only word of caution with a brush is that it dries and sets quickly, so I tend to work in sections.

It is just such a versatile foundation! Even now in autumn, it hasn't made me feel dehydrated - a problem I have with other mattifying foundations like Double Wear Light. In winter, I'd use a more emollient SPF moisturizer as my skin borders on combination at this time. In the summer, I've used Maybelline Matte and Poreless powder sparingly to set and touch up.

While everyone's skin is different, I'd recommend this highly for someone with a similar skin type to me. I'm NC35ish with strong yellow undertones and I wear the shade Olive. For dryer skin tones, this might be one you should skip. I was hoping to try their Radiant option during winter, as I'm more combo then, but it is hard to get a hold of. It might be an option for normal to dry skin.

Hope that you love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I returned this after 2 days. Being completely honest, I did not mind the price at all. However it is expensive and yet preformed way worse than 90% of the drugstore foundations I've used. This stuff was disgusting!

I have very oily skin. Yet when I went to apply this, it balled up in patches. I did try multiple primers to see if it would work better. Not a chance in hell. I bought the Becca Ever-Matte primer to match this and that just doubled my disgust.

My other complaints are: it did not cover well, the lightest shade was too dark for my NC10 skin, and the parts that didn't ball up upon application - were greasy within hours. I respect Becca as a brand but this product was a giant fail.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot stress how much I hate this foundation!! Within the first hour it oxidized and my skin turned as oily as can be! Horrible experience. My face looked like an orange greaseball! Returned immediately! Packaging is great but that is all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of those so-so foundations I don't hate or love but I'd just rather spend money on something else. There is no ideal color match for me in this. Porcelain is extremely pink, Shell is very yellow, Cashmere almost works but is slightly too dark and Sand almost works but is slightly too peach. In Becca's other foundation, the Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme, Cashmere is my perfect shade but in different foundation formulas the colors don't necessarily translate.

Oily skins who expect a finish such as EL Double Wear or Revlon Colorstay from a product named "Ever-Matte Shine Proof" will be disappointed. It doesn't stay matte all day on combination to oily skin and isn't shine-proof. However, the formula isn't a complete disaster. A light application with a sponge allows skin to show through and the product doesn't emphasize textural flaws such as pores or fine lines. You can apply more heavily if you want to. It's semi-matte rather than matte, but at least it doesn't appear mask-like as truly matte foundations tend to do.

Becca's highlighting products in Moonstone and Champagne Pop are special enough to tempt my wallet but this foundation isn't thrilling. An exchange is on the horizon.