April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Liquid - Becca - Matte Skin Shine Proof Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by ChuihCat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the shade buttercup and I'm nc 20-25 skintone for reference. This gives really light to light medium coverage. It gives you no more coverage than a powder foundation does. It was a bummer because this claims to be a medium coverage. Building it up makes it look cakey because it has a powdery finish. This won't cover any blemishes or dark spots you have. It was disappointing because the color was a dead on match for my skin. This also does not oxidize dramatically. I don't think it has a scent other then a scent of makeup. Now it is pretty long lasting, it wore for about 8 hours before oil broke through it. It can cling to dry spots though. But It held my blush in place. My face looked smooth and put together. I would recommend this for people who enjoy a light coverage but don't really have skin problems and have oily skin. People with dry skin could use this with moisturizer under it to give a nice lasting look to the face. I won't be buying this again as I want something with more coverage and that won't look bad if it needed to be built up. It's easy to find a match if you want to try it as there is a wide range of shades. Cat, :3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Jescaoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My holy grail foundation used to be Estee Lauder Double Wear Light. I still love that foundation but when I purchased the Becca it was so much lighter and natural looking on the skin that I slowly stopped using the EL one. I use a primer underneath and it doesn't keep me shine proof all day but it looks so natural and doesn't oxidize through out the day. I can also blot very easily and it will still look fresh. I work at a school so I dont want to look too made up so this foundation is perfect for everyday use. Application is super easy and it blends perfectly. I use the color Bamboo and am around NC40 in Mac foundations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC20-25, very yellow, and Buttercup is a great match, as it is pretty yellow. I really love the shade, which is a shame because this foundation does not work for me.

When I first got a sample of the Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation, I also got a bit of the Matte Skin Shine Proof foundation. Unfortunately, too late, I noticed that the SA hadn't distinguished between the two -- both bags were labeled "Becca, Buttercup." I figured it would be easy enough to tell the difference by feeling the consistency of each, but I was wrong. Both foundations feel very similar: smooth and a little thick, but not too thick. The shades are similar as well. I want to say one looked a teeny bit lighter than the other, but I really don't think there was much of a difference. If you're Buttercup in RSSF, you're good to get Buttercup in MSSP.

Both foundations smoothed on nicely with my Beautyblender, though the matte formula did tend to emphasize dry patches and look a little cakey/dry. The radiant formula was on the dewier side and did not accentuate dry patches. Both offer up to medium coverage, though the radiant needs more building. However, it is easier to build with the radiant formula because the matte formula does get a bit cakey quickly.
If you have stubborn hyperpigmentation, you might need concealer.
Though the radiant foundation is dewier, when both formulas dry down, they look pretty much the same (satin but a bit more matte, and smooth), except that the matte foundation does look drier.
I did not experience any oxidation or pooling of foundation in pores.

Neither foundations offered good oil control or lasting powder, though the matte formula did better than the radiant formula. But not much better. And while the radiant foundation got pretty greasy quickly, it did offer a much nicer finish.

I wouldn't recommend either of these formulas for oily skin because they do not have good oil control and do not last. At the same time, I wouldn't recommend the matte formula for drier skin because it emphasizes dry patches. I think the radiant formula would work best for drier skin, and the matte formula for normal/combination skin that is moisturized and exfoliated.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

This foundation is really great for my skin type.
My background: fair-medium Asian skin with strong olive/yellow tones, sensitive, acne-prone. Before this I was using mineral foundation and really having trouble with the coverage.
This has been so much better in terms of coverage and texture. Literally I can slap this on and my skin will look smooth and even. For darker spots a little concealer makes it perfect. I really love how natural this looks and the best part is this does not cause acne for me as since I switched to this I have fewer clogs and breakouts.
My skin does not get super oily like it did with minerals and feel balanced and fresh for 8+ hours.
The only issue I have is the colors. I have a hard time matching to a perfect shade for my skin tone even though Becca has a nice selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Lovely natural matte finish with medium coverage. Easily the most comfortable and natural looking of my matte formulas (Revlon Colorstay and Whipped Creme, Nars Sheer Matte Glow, all powder formulas incl BM Matte and MAC MSN, StudioFix). Definitely not full coverage which is why it looks the most natural, yet still finished. I apply with fingers and double up around nose and red cheeks. Excellent light and portable squeeze tube packaging, great for gym and travel. I use Fawn for now (summer) and am a MAC C4 light Asian tan neutral gal. Lasts from 730am til first nose shine at 4pm and that’s on top of moisturizer and sunscreen. Not too bad! Not as long lasting as Revlon, but the perk is the natural lightweight formula and excellent packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a light - medium coverage foundation. I am neutral toned and ordered Shell, which claims to be a neutral colour. Shell turned out to be distinctly yellow toned on me - in fact, slightly too yellow. Shell will fit the NC10 -15 folks. If you can get to a store, it would be better to swatch the colours. There's a good range of 18 shades. Unfortunately, Becca isn't available in my country.

I like the packaging.. it comes in a convenient squeeze tube. You won't get a huge blob of foundation coming out all at once. It has a thin consistency; the finish is very matte and there is no shimmer whatsoever. I don't think the finish is mask-like though, as the foundation is really not very thick and won't cover any serious blemishes. I still have to use concealer for my undereye circles.

This foundation is suitable for normal to oily skin. On me, the oil control was average..nothing different from all my other foundations. It hasn't dried me out or caused any breakouts. It is free of oil, alcohol and fragrance. I can smell a slight make-up scent when I apply this but it disappears quickly. FYI, don't use this together with the matching Ever Matte primer as they don't go well together. (Please refer to my review on the primer)

I neither like nor dislike this foundation. Mainly because I am not a fan of the matte finish. It reminds me of a lighter version of the now-discontinued Estee Lauder Double Wear. If you like ELDW, I'd say that you would like this too. Otherwise, you would be better off skipping this.