October 31, 2014 | 1414 users online

Bath Treatments - L'Occitane - Lavande Foaming Bath

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was given a couple of travel sized bottles of this bath foam, and I didn't think I'd enjoy it as I tend to think of lavender as a bit of a "grandma" scent. However, I really liked the smell of this, I think because it smelled like real lavender and not cloying perfume. It was very comforting and relaxing to use before bed, or when I was feeling a bit under the weather. While I wouldn't rush out to buy it again, I would certainly be happy to receive this as a gift.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by AnnKB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my third bottle of this and am surprised by the low rated reviews.
It is really thick, luxurious and smells divine . I am not a huge fan of lavender normally but this is french lavender with some camphor so is a really deep floral, can't really describe it. I love this in my bath as the scent fills the room, it lathers up well and does not dry your skin.

As it is real lavender and not a fake synthetic fragrance it is lovely and relaxing.

It comes in large 500ml metal bottles, at about 20, or smaller 100ml plastic ones.
This is a lot of money to pay for bath foam but I use sparingly (you don't need a lot thankfully) or when I really need to relax. Am completely addicted to this and the almond shower/bath oil as well as the lavender shower gel...and the Verbena...and the cherry blossom....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by skinsthatcare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product as a gift for my mum a few years ago with some of the loose change I had earned from earning tips in my job as a waitress.back then I used to use some as it was on the bathroom window n working with food and cleaning up after serving food would leave me in need if products to eliminate the grease and food smell that would linger after work.

Then, recently I started having some issues with a different type of smell under my armpits that wasn't connected with serving food and as I was very self conscious about the smell and also because I couldn't wear an item of clothing for even a day without the smell contaminating the clothing, I felt that if I used fragrant water to wash with it would stop the smell recurring even as soon as I finished washing.

The product comes in a grey metallic container about the size of a frijj milkshake with purple print on it and retails for around £20.I really like the bottle design concept in except for the size of the bottle it is just too big and wide and unless you have Frankenstein-esque big hands most women and girls hands wont be able to hold it.which is weird because l'occitane is a French brand primarily marketed to women.

The foam bath comes in a thick gel like texture and you can use the lid to measure a capfull for the bath.the effect is a lot of foaming white bubbles and a fragrant scent. Although one occasion I was trying a new product I had purchased Dr jart + v7 cleaning foam to remove brown spots moles freckles and discoloration to make the skin a uniform white color, and the scent of the cleanser overpowered the scent of the foam bath in such a way that I could no longer smell the foam bath when the cleanser was on my skin.but this is the only instance this occurred (Dr jart+ cleansing foam caused irritation in eyes so I stopped using it).

I really like all the bubbles and the wat the light reflects from them in the bath.I also like the texture of the bubbles on my skin as they are like a lighter version of the shu uemura underbase mousse in terms of texture and leave the skin feeling soft and matte as I prefer soft matte texture to oily.

This product is expensive and the bottle is a bit too big and bulky and because the container is metallic when it is exposed to cold environment it is very cold to touch and because of its size a lot of skin is having to come into contact with the cold metal which is another issue I have with this product.usually plastic doesn't feel as cold as metal and glass exposed to cold environments.

For these reasons it is unlikely that I will repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

My encounter with this was never going to end well. As someone who's not a big fan of anything that smells of lavender, I felt I should still use this as someone gave it to me as a gift. And as it was only a travel sized bottle I figured if I didn't like it, at least it wouldn't be hanging around the bathroom for months on end 'looking' at me accusingly for not using it.

As it turns out, lavender scent aside this is probably the most uninspiring foam bath I've ever used. Even the lavendar scent seemed watered down (something I personally don't mind), but for anyone thinking of getting this and expecting a massive hit of lavender - don't bother wasting your money. It also doesn't foam up that well either - there were a few bubbles but within about 5 minutes most of them had disappeared.

Unfortunately this is the first L'Occitane bath product I've used, so it wasn't a very good introduction. I don't think it would put me off trying some of their others, but I certainly won't be going anywhere near this again.