August 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Absinthe Purifying Hand Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Cali22

I really like the formulation of this- it is nice and thick like a body butter, yet kind of more fluffy and not greasy. Haha.... It sinks in pretty fast and there is no residue which I like in a hand cream because I don't want to be worried about waiting to touch anything after I put it on. I don't have extremely dry hands, so this works well for me since my hands are just a bit dried out from washing them a lot at work. You might need something stronger if you have very dry skin issues. I have been using this often and really enjoy it. Now I am a bit unsure about the scent. It is a fresh and crisp green scent that I was obsessed with at first, but I realized it does smell sort of manly once it is on and the scent stays for a long time. I still like it and will use it up and probably buy another one in the future. I think it was around $20, but I got mine for really cheap in the black friday tote bag, which is nice because I don't think it is something I would have thought to try otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

Now this is what I've been talking about. TBS has had the Absinthe hand cream for a while and it was too runny to be moisturising.

Now this, this addresses What Absinthe hand cream has been lacking so far. The smell is just as great but more moisturising! How lovely!

I use the hand cream for body and use this hand butter for body too! I can't wait for TBS to produce an Absinthe body cream cause these babies are expensive for body! Yikes.

FULL INGREDIENTS
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Butylene Glycol (Humectant), Artemisia Absinthium Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (Ultraviolet Light Absorber), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 19140/Yellow 5 (Colour), CI 42090/Blue 1 (Colour).