December 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Matte Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this matte top coat! I've had an issue where the matte effect of polishes will fade, but this one doesn't do that. Its not super thick either.

It doesn't chip or anything, just a lovely basic polish to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Best matte top coat on the market I have tried. This always looks actually matte and not just dull. It dries fast and looks great.

Some matte top coats look dull or slightly shiny, not OPI. Lasts a long time as well with no chips. Great matte top coat and worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MariaSC

What sorcery is this?! Love this matte top coat- it instantly transforms anything too shiny or dated into a very awesome powdery-matte color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down! I just love it. Real matte, it looks great.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by smanha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros: looks suuuuuuper cool, dries quickly
Cons: chips easier than a normal top coat

Overall I love love love this top coat because I'm a huge fan of the matte look. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by shaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i seldom paint dark shades on my nails because the shade plus the shine is very outstanding against my fair skin. i tried this matte top coat on top of a dark red last night and i love the effect it gave. it softened the colour which would have by itself looked really striking against my skin. i love that it dries quickly too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sundaynightriot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I applied this topcoat over a manicure I was a bit disappointed about.
I used:
1 coat of Yves Rocher Anti-Breakage Nail Strengthening Base Coat.
3 coats of Butter Londons Pearly Queen (disappointing)
1 coat of Essie's Sugar Daddy
1 coat of Essie's Stroke of brilliance (on the tips)
1 coat of Essie's Super Duper Top Coat
And at last, 2 coats of OPI's matte top coat.

It transformed into a beautiful matte grayish white. The blue glitter looks more detailed. This was 3 days ago and still no chipping on any nail. As I did also use Essie's super duper top coat I can't give OPI all the credit.

This is a great polish if you feel like refreshing your manicure and giving it a whole new look.

It dries pretty quickly.
The smell is strong and make me a bit lightheaded and nauseous - sit in a ventilated room and try not to breath the fumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

Very effective matte top coat! Produces an even matte finish and dries very quickly. Looks particularly stunning on dark and shimmery polishes. I'm not sure that it is as durable as the regular top coat, but I have found that applying it on top of my usual top coat (I like Seche Vite) works extremely well and makes it more chip-resistant. My favorite thing to do is to apply this on about the third day of my manicure when I am just starting to get bored with the color. Gives me a totally different look with very minimal effort. Very versatile and well-worth purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a staple in my makeup kit. It dries super easily and just one coat of the stuff will give you a lovely, suede-like finish over any nail polish brand or color you can think of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

This is great. I first tried in a salon over the OPI Colour Fly. The effect is great, VERY matte, dries quickly and lasts. When applied first it is shiny but then within 30 seconds goes completely matte and has a velvety feel to it once dried and you really can tell the difference. GREAT product.