OPI Matte Top Coat

4.6

on 4/19/2015 2:30:00 AM

i love this matte top coat, it dries fast and results are instant. The only down side I really see to it is that sometimes if you only apply 1 coat of whichever color it kind of erases the color i apply 2 coats of color then the matte coat. overall pretty good

on 4/4/2015 1:45:00 PM

The worst. When applied, the brush makes it streaky, which created indents and causes an uneven matte appearance. It doesn't dry fast at all, and in fact the day after I apply it, I am getting wrinkles and indents on my nails. It also can leave a really weird white chalky residue on your nails. I really wanted to love this product, and went to opi because they have great quality polish. Looks like I'll be on the lookout for another top coat.

on 8/1/2014 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Love this matte top coat! I've had an issue where the matte effect of polishes will fade, but this one doesn't do that. Its not super thick either.

It doesn't chip or anything, just a lovely basic polish to have.

on 7/27/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Best matte top coat on the market I have tried. This always looks actually matte and not just dull. It dries fast and looks great.

Some matte top coats look dull or slightly shiny, not OPI. Lasts a long time as well with no chips. Great matte top coat and worth the money.

on 7/7/2014 10:10:00 PM

What sorcery is this?! Love this matte top coat- it instantly transforms anything too shiny or dated into a very awesome powdery-matte color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down! I just love it. Real matte, it looks great.

on 5/27/2014 8:08:00 PM

Pros: looks suuuuuuper cool, dries quickly
Cons: chips easier than a normal top coat

Overall I love love love this top coat because I'm a huge fan of the matte look. :)

on 3/27/2014 12:08:00 PM

i seldom paint dark shades on my nails because the shade plus the shine is very outstanding against my fair skin. i tried this matte top coat on top of a dark red last night and i love the effect it gave. it softened the colour which would have by itself looked really striking against my skin. i love that it dries quickly too.

I applied this topcoat over a manicure I was a bit disappointed about.
I used:
1 coat of Yves Rocher Anti-Breakage Nail Strengthening Base Coat.
3 coats of Butter Londons Pearly Queen (disappointing)
1 coat of Essie's Sugar Daddy
1 coat of Essie's Stroke of brilliance (on the tips)
1 coat of Essie's Super Duper Top Coat
And at last, 2 coats of OPI's matte top coat.

It transformed into a beautiful matte grayish white. The blue glitter looks more detailed. This was 3 days ago and still no chipping on any nail. As I did also use Essie's super duper top coat I can't give OPI all the credit.

This is a great polish if you feel like refreshing your manicure and giving it a whole new look.

It dries pretty quickly.
The smell is strong and make me a bit lightheaded and nauseous - sit in a ventilated room and try not to breath the fumes.

on 12/16/2013 10:15:00 PM

Very effective matte top coat! Produces an even matte finish and dries very quickly. Looks particularly stunning on dark and shimmery polishes. I'm not sure that it is as durable as the regular top coat, but I have found that applying it on top of my usual top coat (I like Seche Vite) works extremely well and makes it more chip-resistant. My favorite thing to do is to apply this on about the third day of my manicure when I am just starting to get bored with the color. Gives me a totally different look with very minimal effort. Very versatile and well-worth purchasing!

Top Rated OPI Products