April 20, 2014 | 1729 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Matte Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by shaxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i seldom paint dark shades on my nails because the shade plus the shine is very outstanding against my fair skin. i tried this matte top coat on top of a dark red last night and i love the effect it gave. it softened the colour which would have by itself looked really striking against my skin. i love that it dries quickly too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by sundaynightriot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I applied this topcoat over a manicure I was a bit disappointed about.
I used:
1 coat of Yves Rocher Anti-Breakage Nail Strengthening Base Coat.
3 coats of Butter Londons Pearly Queen (disappointing)
1 coat of Essie's Sugar Daddy
1 coat of Essie's Stroke of brilliance (on the tips)
1 coat of Essie's Super Duper Top Coat
And at last, 2 coats of OPI's matte top coat.

It transformed into a beautiful matte grayish white. The blue glitter looks more detailed. This was 3 days ago and still no chipping on any nail. As I did also use Essie's super duper top coat I can't give OPI all the credit.

This is a great polish if you feel like refreshing your manicure and giving it a whole new look.

It dries pretty quickly.
The smell is strong and make me a bit lightheaded and nauseous - sit in a ventilated room and try not to breath the fumes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

Very effective matte top coat! Produces an even matte finish and dries very quickly. Looks particularly stunning on dark and shimmery polishes. I'm not sure that it is as durable as the regular top coat, but I have found that applying it on top of my usual top coat (I like Seche Vite) works extremely well and makes it more chip-resistant. My favorite thing to do is to apply this on about the third day of my manicure when I am just starting to get bored with the color. Gives me a totally different look with very minimal effort. Very versatile and well-worth purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ishiharaseth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a staple in my makeup kit. It dries super easily and just one coat of the stuff will give you a lovely, suede-like finish over any nail polish brand or color you can think of.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

This is great. I first tried in a salon over the OPI Colour Fly. The effect is great, VERY matte, dries quickly and lasts. When applied first it is shiny but then within 30 seconds goes completely matte and has a velvety feel to it once dried and you really can tell the difference. GREAT product.