December 19, 2014 | 845 users online

Foundations - LORAC - Cococin Cream Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Ispania

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a first impression review. Usually I use a product for around a month and only then write reviews but this time the product has met and even exceeded my expectation from the first try.

After reading all the reviews below I doubted if I needed the compact but still ordered it since it was only $5 on hautelook.

I have warm light skin tone. My skin type is combination, more on the dry side in colder time and oily in summer. Most of the time my Tzone gets just a little oily.

The shade I got is CR2/light. It has yellow undertone and when smoothed onto skin looks almost exactly like my natural skin tone. Since in the package the foundation looks very light I am glad that I didn't go with a darker tone. During the day foundation seems to go a little darker ( not orangey, just darker) that's why the difference isn't obvious. It goes on very well and blends with my skin tone perfectly.

The coverage moderate but buildable. It also can go very sheer. I can say that after applying it in two layers i still could see a little red spot on my cheeck. The finish is natural.

I didn't use a primer today. I applied it on top of cera ve am lotion and in four or five hours I didn't need any touch ups.

It does cling to my dry patches as any other cream foundation I have used. I try to moisterizing and if it doesn't help I wet the sponge and go over that spot again ( not sure if it will work in winter).

The package is slick. It comes with a sponge. I tried to apply it with a sponge and fingers. I would say that fingers do a better job.

I don't know if I am happy with this cream compact because of the price or it's qualities... probably both.

Would I buy it again? If I need a cream compact foundation then yes, but most of the time I use liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by suzzy1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I ended up grabbing this product at Sephora on sale for $8 so I couldn't really complain.

I've found with this product that it's pretty true to color, but it just doesn't hold up. I like to use it as a concealer/base for under my eyes as the yellowy tones help neutralize everything.

I do find it hard to apply all over my face, especially when I wear moisturizer (which is every day). I also find the product not going very far.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this product because I found it on sale at Sephora. At first, I really did like it. However, after a few uses the product started to cake inside of the packaging and on my face. I have combination/oily, mildly acne prone skin and I've never had a problem with foundation caking around my faint dry spots but I felt like this one exaggerated them. I also felt as if it started to slide off my t-zone and become patchy after a few hours. After a week of using this, I started getting deep pimples. Overall, I'm very disappointed with the texture and I wouldn't recommend buying this even if you found it on sale. They've discontinued this for good reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by bootyturtle

I don't know why this has gotten mostly bad reviews. I've just gotten through my first one and ordered a second. Most foundations break me out, and this hasn't. The coverage is great, though I do need a bit of concealer with it, and the shade CR3 fits me perfectly. (I'm an NW20)
My skin is a bit dry, but this didn't enhance dry spots or anything for me. It doesn't control shine, but I have powder for that. I can see where it wouldn't work for someone with oily skin, but this is my favorite foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Edit: caused clogs after around 2wks.

This is actually a very nice solution for ladies sensitive to silicones. You should know, nearly every foundation now contains tons of silicones. They provide the slip and silky feeling that everyone is used to. This foundation will not have the silky texture because it is silicone free. It does contain silica (sand) which is not a silicone.

That being said, this foundation is lovely. I applied it with a flat top brush and the finish is one of the most natural I've tried in a long time. Soft, matte, beautiful. Others are complaining that it gets a harder film on the top layer, and I've noticed that, but rubbing it with my brush softens it up and that layer is good to go.

If you are sensitive to silicones and like a matte finish, I HIGHLY recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by reallyrita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a strange kind of foundation. I quite like it but I don't think I would repurchase it as I have a lot of foundations in rotation and more I want to try out. It is dry in the pan and a bit hard to pick up on the sponge that is included. I have had better luck with just a make up wedge and then the beauty blender to smooth it out. It gives me moderated coverage but I can build it up a bit over the red patches without cakeyness. If you run your finger over the pan it does not feel smooth, almost gritty like. However, this does not translated onto the skin and does apply very smoothly. It is not greasy or dewey but not completely matte either. The color applies lighter than it looks in the pan and this is a problem for me at this point at the end of the summer. I bought color 3 and I am an NC 20. There is a definite yellow undertone. Seems dry and stiff in the pan. It lasts very well on me without setting powder. This might not work for you if you have dry skin or dry patches.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by roxyylovee

I decided to try this product on a whim, being that I couldn't find a review anywhere online, I just went for it. I hve combo skin, extremely oily forehead with a dry spots on my chin. Its difficult to find something that can control my oil and not leave my skin dehydrated. This product comes in a sleek compact, with an applicator sponge. I have a light to medium skin tone (sorry I'm not familiar with MAC color guides) and I was matched with the shade CR4. It looks decent in the pan, and has a very light texture
I moisturized my face and attempted to use my Sonia kushak flat top kabuki, but this cream was so hard I couldn't even get the product out. I ended up using the sponge, and it gave me decent coverage, but it was obvious I was wearing foundation. Also, this stuff applies really pale, I thought it would oxidize but it hasn't. Here I am, 4 hours later and my skin I so dry it hurts, I have flaky patches and my cheeks look really dry. Also it seems to have magically slid off random parts of my face. Very disappointed :( I believe this is around $35 at Ulta and for that price I was hoping it would perform better. I would suggest have an SA try this on you and then go outside, run errands.. And then see how you like this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No