October 30, 2014 | 1677 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Smashbox Halo Liquid HD Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by emilcezendejas

love this foundation its lightweight and has good coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only bad thing about this foundation is the price, other than that i love it, i bought it long ago and idk why the heck i didn't like it back then but i recently started using it again because i was running out of my MAC and i fell in love! ... The coverage is buildable, and trust me I like full coverage, this makes me flawless! I set it with the halo powder the one with the grinder, i have large pores and this vanishes everything, i got compliments, my makeup lover friends noticed i look different, they said i didn't look cakey anymore lol i just wish it wasn't so pricey, but I will buy again, because it makes me flawless..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by RainbowKid18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Up until recently this year Smashbox cosmetics were only obtainable online, I'd heard a lot about their products through YouTube tutorials and reviews so when I saw that my local boots store was opening up a Smashbox counter I couldn't resist, and what's new a friend of mine was the beautician running it. She found me a good match and made up my entire face using various products and I have to admire my whole face went from dreary with rushed make up to fresh and peachy if that makes sense. She enticed me further by telling me that the foundation was completely budge proof (being a hairdresser and constantly being in an around heat bullet proof make up is a must). I took it home and I have to admit my first few uses of it were phenomenal, I've never seen such a good match to my skin tone with such good coverage but despite its budge proof promises I noticed that come evening blemishes were starting to show through which for someone who likes very strong but natural coverage isn't good. It had been sat in my make up bag practically full for months up until a few weeks ago me and my friend used it for our ice bucket challenges safe to say this time it didn't budge. I really don't know what to make of this product sometimes it works and some days it doesn't. When it works it truly is phenomenal, my friend made a point that this particular foundation was the go-to product for news readers in America and having looked it up they do look flawless. I would say that your skin needs to be in absolute prime condition for this to work

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by waffles858

when I bought this foundation, I figured it would have the same coverage as their bb cream which I LOVE!! However, I am very disappointed with it. I need to wear it over my garnier bb cream and then apply pressed powder to achieve a decent look. Plus, my fave gets too oily so I have to blot very often and the lasting power is also not so great...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I bought this on a whim just to try something new. I've been using MUFE HD foundation for several years and I love it so I'm not sure why I switched haha. I don't like a lot of coverage for everyday wear and this is a nice light coverage, but that's about the only positive for me. It seems like most of the shades are more yellow based and my undertone is more peach than yellow so it was hard to find an exact match! (MAC NC35, MUFE 128). Also, I'm not sure why a product formulated to be worn on-camera and on-screen would contain an SPF- sunscreen causes flashback on camera! I'll stick with MUFE HD Foundation from now on

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation for a day to day wear. Its a light sheer coverage that I think is perfect with a setting powder for during the day. I don't wear this foundation at night or when i want a medium to full coverage. It is pretty during the day because it doesnt get cakey or look too heavy. Its a water based foundation, so i find that you HAVE to apply with fingers. If I use a brush, too much of the product is wasted. I set with either MAC studio fix (my ultimate favorite for 8 years) or Smash Box halo setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by lenglander

I am so sensitive when it comes to choosing foundations. I rarely change up my makeup routine because I get so nervous that something will break me out. I had been dreaming about buying this product and I'm really happy I did. It has not broken me out but I don't wear it every day. I wear it when I want a fuller coverage and apply it with a makeup brush from BH cosmetics. However you do have to pump it like 3-4 times for it to cover your whole face. Although I would buy this product again, it really isn't cheap and I'm still doing my research for the next product I should use when this one runs out. Overall, I really do like it and it has not broken me out once.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been wanting to try this since it came out. So I stopped in at Sephora and got a sample. I'm sure glad I did, because it was a fail of epic proportions. Honestly, it is hard for me to find a single thing I like about this foundation.

Coverage-when people say this is sheer coverage they aren't kidding. I would say that this offers almost no coverage at all. One layer definitely doesn't cut it. Not even close. Maybe if you close to perfect skin, but if you have any type of redness or flaws, forget it. Also, it's not buildable. I tried applying two VERY thin layers, and it looked pretty good. But once it dried, it looked cakey. It also oxidized something awful. I would say at least 2 shades, maybe even more. When it's wet, the color is just about perfect, but since it oxidizes so badly after it dries, not so much. It was WAY too dark for me. I'm not super fair, but I am on the pale side of medium.

I don't remember how much this cost, but whatever it is, it sure isn't worth the price.

This makeup claims to be sweat proof. Not so much.

The sample lasted me two days, and it's gone. I can't say I'm really all that disappointed. Needless to say, I will not be purchasing this foundation any time soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MarissaAnneMink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice sheer to medium foundation, great colour range for those with yellow skin tone. But I would suggest staying clear away if you have pink undertone as the whole colour range is very yellow. It is gives a good medium coverage and cover the majority of my dark spots. I found that the best way to apply this is with a RT buffing brush. Have tried fingers, sponge, and a Liz earls foundation brush but it didn't work out too well.

My skin can be very sensitive when it comes to foundation, so I was reluctant to buy this but the good news is I have no reaction to this at all. My perfect match is 6, and I wear 4N1 in Estee Lauder Double wear, N6 in L'oreal true match, and B40 in Chanel.

This foundation is good but unfortunately it's nothing special for me so I won't be re-purchasing this once this is finish. Another point to note is you need a lot to build it up to a medium coverage I use about 6-7 pumps to cover my whole face.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love it, DO NOT APPLY WITH SPONGE!!!!! it is a water base foundation and the sponge eats it up, Use brush! It will save u!!!😊😊😊