July 26, 2014 | 1098 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Smashbox Halo Liquid HD Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Logenbrook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love it, DO NOT APPLY WITH SPONGE!!!!! it is a water base foundation and the sponge eats it up, Use brush! It will save u!!!😊😊😊

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by dylanobarnacles

I love this foundation! I love the packaging, i think its adorable. I found it had great coverage for my occasional pimple, also if i used concealer, but not too much coverage that it was cakey and it didn't really hide my freckles (which i liked). I have a HUGE problem with foundation being cakey on my forehead, and this was so far the only foundation that didn't apply cakey on my forehead. The only reason why i wont buy this product again is because of the price. Well, i technically cant buy it again if i didn't buy it in the first place. My friend gave it to me. She didn't like it. It was $42 everywhere i looked. I could NEVER spend that much money on one product. It also seemed to last longer throughout the day, more than other foundations ive used. My face has no negative reaction to this. Overall, i enjoy using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by margomiller

I bought this before I read any bad reviews and I'm glad I did! It is amazing!! It is so beautiful when paired with the smash box face primes. It has just the right amount of yellow in it. It is beautiful for tanned skin. Personally, I think it gives you a color similar to Kim Kardashian without looking unnatural. The packaging is beautiful. makes your skin super soft. not the best coverage but if you put concealer underneath it helps. 2 layers really makes a difference! it never feels cakey after 2 layers either (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by KathyyD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HOLY GRAIL foundation
I say this because of the colour match. If you have yellow/olive based undertones then start getting colour matched!!

I have tried Chanel perfection lumiere, MAC studio fix, Christian Dior Diorskin Nude Hydrating, Bobbi Brown skin foundation and all in their warm colour tones!! all of which appeared ASHY on my skin. why? if you are asian or have really tanned skin, a tiny tiny hint of beige can look totally out of place. Mac NC's range used to be very yellow/orange to me, but ever since they changed their formula its more of a beige/yellow again that mixes into a peachy/orange colour, still having that hint of pink! will not work for me!

Keep in mind that undertone is the colour UNDERNEATH your skin.

I use Smashbox Halo in shade 05 , it is completely yellow based, with no hints of biege,pink,olive in it whatsoever. If you compare it was any other "yellow" based foundation, and swirl the foundation into your hands side by side, you will see that Smashbox shade 05 stays yellow, whereas the other ones start to have a little grey/beige tint to it. The reason to this is because not many brands base their foundations on asian tones, so a true yellow undertone is hard to find.

you get my point about the colour match!! lets get on to the consistency and coverage.
Smashbox's halo has a light-medium coverage. I believe it to be a SATIN finish, so not mattifying and also not DEWY but inbetween.

I used to have DRY to COMBO skin, this product did not stick to the dry areas of my face and did a great job giving me a healthy glow without powder!!!
That being said, even with dry skin it did tend to get shiny after 4-5 hours of wear. So keeping a powder on the side never killed nobody.

*UPDATE*
i am in the stage where my HORMONES are inbalanced - this is the cause to BREAKOUTS, my skin has been very troubled, with small bumps (under the skin acne). I dont have any redness, nor does it hurt but there are just small bumps all over my face -not a smooth surface at all!!

The foundation has not added to my breakout, wearing the foundation throughout the day (AS LONG AS YOU MAKE SURE YOU ARE CLEANSING AND WASHING OFF ALL YOUR FOUNDATION) my face has remained the same as how it was before i applied the foundation.

A con is that because it is Light-medium coverage it does not cover my bumps, and they are still visible from under the foundation. You can tell that my skin is wonky!!! and its not helping me to create a flat surface at all (foundations like MAC, that provide full coverage can give an illusion of a flat surface because you are stacking up the foundation inline with your bumps), however wearing FULL coverage foundations while you are having troubled skin makes it worst, as your skin has no room to breathe!

My skin has also become OILY!!!!!! i now have OILY-combination Skin which i never thought would ever happen.

SMASHBOX does not create EXCESS oil for my face and does not look like i am consitently sweating!! I just powder my face and it sits the way it does as when i dont powder it on DRY skin

I dont think you have to worry about DRY or OILY skin with this foundation, its the matter of working it with a setting powder or setting spray or primer!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Sarra1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i REALLY wanted to like this foundation. It claims to be all the things i look for in a foundation: dewy, hydrating, lightweight, hd perfecting and even has a spf. However, the coverage is non existant. I dont even have bad skin, but i don't see the point in wearing this when i can still see every slight discolouration underneath. It did nothing for redness, and i had a faint acne scar from weeks ago that it couldnt even cover. It was slightly dewy, but that almost meant it ended up not lasting long for me. Also, it oxidized for me, but that could be because i was given a sample in a container that is exposed to air for a period of time? Also, it is at a more expensive price point. I was let down by this, because smashbox has some very high quality products. I was so surprised how little coverage this was.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by vbabyyy

i was looking for a lightweight but good coverage type of foundation and came across this one at sephora. i wasn't sure if i really wanted to try the smashbox liquid halo because of some of the negative reviews but decided to get matched anyways. when the lady first applied it i couldn't even tell where she applied it because of how well it matched with my skin! when she did my whole face and took me outside to make sure i liked the color i was sold! it felt sooooo lightweight and the coverage was perfect. i had a few blemishes on my face that day and it covered them perfectly. not only did it have good coverage and felt like i had nothing on my face but the color and foundation set so nicely! the foundation looks really natural and almost like you're not even wearing any but it still does its job with covering and evening out skin tone.

the consistency of this foundation is very silky and watery. i usually apply it with my sephora airbrush foundation brush( #55 i think? ) and it looks flawless. i occasionally will apply with my beauty blender but i definitely prefer the brush on this one. with my skin type (combination) i don't need to set this foundation with powder, i surprisingly do not get oily around my tzone when i use this. (ps i use primed and poreless for my primer.)

i feel like this foundation is very similar to the make up forever hd foundation, they both are "hd" foundations, both are $42, and both have the silky texture to it. comparing the two i personally like smashbox better because it blends more easily and it has spf 15 in it. most spf foundations that i've tried have a white cast to them in pictures but this one doesn't which is really nice too!

the only thing about this foundation that i'm not crazy about is the packaging. i have had so many issues with glass foundation bottles in the past, like dropping them on my bathroom floor and breaking them, then waisting tons of foundation. hopefully that will not happen with this one(: overall i am really enjoying the smashbox liquid halo foundation. i get a lot of compliments when i wear it to work or just going out. definitely will repurchase and continue recommending it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by jessijuu

I just got this foundation yesterday and I LOVE IT! The consistency of this foundation is watery. I have pores around my nose and cheek area and this foundation covers it which is a plus! Your skin looks and feels so smooth. This foundation did not oxidize so pick the right shade. *WARNING: Do not buy this foundation if you want/need full coverage!*

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Amberburrows

This product makes your skin look amazing natural and warms the skin without looking orange or too yellow, gives light to medium coverage and leaves skin looking flawless, you need concealer for major blemishes, received compliment to my skin with this product and best applied with fingers, blends easily and doesn't feel heavy. The cons of this product is that it easily fades and lasting power is poor even with primer and finishing powder, this prevented me from repurchasing

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
Feels light on your skin
blends well

Cons
No coverage
expensive price

But i have to say its way better than the maybelline 24h foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smrti205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by describing my skin type. For reference, my skin tone is NC45. I have a pretty good complexion (all credit to a combination of the Clarasonic, vitamin C serum, and argon oil) with a couple sun spots. I'm a commitment-phobe when it comes to face makeup- it needs to look flawless. That's the point of makeup right? That being said, this lightweight foundation is perfect for me. It truly leaves a barely-there look and adds this "glow" that I never believed existed in makeup. I don't wear it every day, but when I do I get tons of compliments on my "skin". For application: I use wear a pump or two for my entire face and everrr-so-slightly dust it with Ben Nye's banana powder. Pair this with Make Up For Ever HD concealer + banana powder and my face is glowing! The finish is not dewy at all- I would say that it is a very natural satin finish. I can understand how some people are not finding the coverage adequate, but it is a VERY lightweight foundation- about as light as a tinted moisturizer IMHO.

tldr; This lightweight makeup is good for evening and perfecting the skin tone for a natural look. I'd look elsewhere if you want more coverage.

Hope that helps :)