Smashbox Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation SPF 15

3.3

Water\Aqua\Eau, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polysilicone-11, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Dimethicone Silylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Alumina, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, C12-16 Alcohols, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have had horrible acne for years. Now that it's semi under control, I decided to try a new foundation. This is my first foundation that is not full coverage and so far I absolutely love it! It has a really natural finish on me and doesn't cling to my dry areas or emphasize my pores. I use the 24-Hour Concealer before applying this and end up with a flawless face. Definitely happy with this purchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok, I usually like Smashbox products, but this foundation is just ok for me..it don't like the texture, and the finish is flat, and doesn't seem to unify my skin, rather it sits on top of it..I think it might contain silicons, which gives it a slippery feel..then color wise, the lightest shade is not so light, so for me Halo is a bit of a fail...might work for younger more combination skins, for my more mature dry skin, it just doesn't beautify my skin..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really liked this product because I found the foundation to be quite moisturizing.
No dry patching issue.

It is a sheer coverage that's somewhat buildable? I remember it looking thicker by the minute the more I put it on though. It doesn't hide anything cuz... I had acne :(

Perfect skin match. I was a 4.
I matched today at MAC as an NC25.

If I need to go back to a foundation. I might buy this because it performs. I gave this to a friend cuz hello air cushion foundation. You are oh so moisturizing and 17 bucks per cake. Plus coverage was better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Ummmm it's NOT a foundation if you ask me; more like a TM. I went with this foundation because it matches my skin to the T (I'm MAC NC45). After trying NARS all day luminous (ashy) MUF HD (transfer and greasy) Lancôme (to red) BB (to yellow) ughhhh! I'm just want a perfect match, luminous, oil free, medium coverage foundation! Is that too much to ask for? This foundation is great with MAC Prolong Concealer is great but I was expecting some coverage for $42.00... I had to use 5 squirts just to get it sheer like even out my skin tone. This foundation is going back to Sephora for refund for sure. If you have flawless skin then this is for you. Staying power is ok and it feels light on the face but it's just not for me.

If you have good skin with no acne marks or active acne this is perfect. Now someone like me I have milia that does go away and I tend to pick so I have dark spots everywhere then this isn't for me. The texture is beautiful and it really does blur out minor imperfections. On me this gets really oily on the tzone and breaks up fast on my skin if I don't prep correctly and if I don't put a good amount of powder on this won't last more than 6hrs tops. Now if you prep and use a smashbox primer and let it absorb completely this goes on so much better and is build able to a medium coverage and its glowy perfect for "strobing" or simply highlighting techniques also with the right routine this can last long on the skin but on me it's a hit or miss and to be honest I can't wait to finish this foundation.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is great for someone who has sensitive, flawless skin or skin with small marks and wants a natural look.
I have a bit of acne an this doesnt make me break out however it has hardly any coverage at all. You may as well get nars tinted moisturiser,
Feels amazing on the skin though

I bought this straight from Smashbox and so far, I love it! I chose my foundation color by chatting with an online rep and they matched me perfectly. It covers well and feels light on my skin. A definite winner for me!

This broke me out. I went to Sephora for foundation samples, and this was one of the ones I got, in #1. I really couldn't wear this past 1 day because I'm an NW15 and it was much too dark and way too orange. So when I broke out, I didn't review it because I wasn't 100% sure that it was from that since I only used it once, but I certainly wasn't about to try it again due to the poor color match. But then I was at Sephora looking for a contour kit and the SA decided to remove the makeup I had on (MAC lightful tinted cream) and put this foundation on. I guess she wanted better coverage so the contour stood out more. When she picked it up, I was thinking that I had used it before and it broke me out, but I didn't want to make waves, and as I said before, I wasn't 100% sure. In addition to the poor color match, it clung to dry patches and just didn't have a smooth appearance. And then a couple of days later, I had two pimples on my nose and a very large painful one on my chin (which is still there after several days). I can go years without a breakout, so this was without question the culprit. I wish I knew what ingredient caused it so I can avoid it in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've always found it difficult finding foundation that matches my skin perfectly. I have a yellow undertone and it's difficult to cater for that sometimes. I used to wear bare minerals but recently noticed that the applying of the powder was not covering my marks as well as I'd hoped. My purchase for this product was so quick and easy. I approached the counter and told the lady that represented Smashbox about what I wanted from a foundation and she matched me up instantly. I told her that I was going to carry on shopping around and see what the foundation looked like in different lighting and then purchase it another day if I was happy with it. The foundation itself felt lightweight and looked amazing. I ended up going back within an hour to purchase this. I wear it everyday and it's so easy to apply too. Perfect match and covers up my red marks without a need for concealer underneath. Simple, quick and easy. What more could you want!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I went to sephora and bought this foundation based on the recommendations given to me. I told the girl my skin type, the type of coverage I wanted, my undertones etc., and this foundation doesn't satisfy any of them! First of all, I noticed that all of the shades are just so orange. I have yellow undertones and this foundation made me look super orange, and there was an obvious difference between the color of my face and the color of my neck. Unfortunately the shade I got was the closest to my natural tone, while a shade lighter would be too pale and a shade darker would just be too brown/orange. Secondly, I honestly don't see what this foundation DOES. it's very visible on the skin and when I put it on it barely even seemed to correct my skin tone. I saw absolutely no difference after I had put it on and before I had put it on. Also, I have very dry skin and although Smashbox says this foundation is supposed to be okay for dry skin, I have noticed that It really emphasizes my dry patches. It is pretty expensive at $42.00 dollars from Sephora, and honestly I think my drugstore Loreal and Rimmel foundations work and look ten times better, for a fraction of the price. I will not be purchasing this foundation again and I do not recommend it. For the price, you can get a drugstore foundation for a much better result.