April 16, 2014 | 1774 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Smashbox Halo Liquid HD Foundation SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros
Feels light on your skin
blends well

Cons
No coverage
expensive price

But i have to say its way better than the maybelline 24h foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smrti205

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by describing my skin type. For reference, my skin tone is NC45. I have a pretty good complexion (all credit to a combination of the Clarasonic, vitamin C serum, and argon oil) with a couple sun spots. I'm a commitment-phobe when it comes to face makeup- it needs to look flawless. That's the point of makeup right? That being said, this lightweight foundation is perfect for me. It truly leaves a barely-there look and adds this "glow" that I never believed existed in makeup. I don't wear it every day, but when I do I get tons of compliments on my "skin". For application: I use wear a pump or two for my entire face and everrr-so-slightly dust it with Ben Nye's banana powder. Pair this with Make Up For Ever HD concealer + banana powder and my face is glowing! The finish is not dewy at all- I would say that it is a very natural satin finish. I can understand how some people are not finding the coverage adequate, but it is a VERY lightweight foundation- about as light as a tinted moisturizer IMHO.

tldr; This lightweight makeup is good for evening and perfecting the skin tone for a natural look. I'd look elsewhere if you want more coverage.

Hope that helps :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Ke3299

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A maze ing! I didn't realize how beautifully "made up" I looked wearing my Nars foundation until my Sephora gura tried Halo on me. The coverage is great and I still have color. I apply over the Smashbox primer. I am AA pecan tan....super dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by leanneelizabeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is absolutely appalling. i was matched at a 5, two shades darker than my skin tone and was told that this was a full coverage foundation, was long lasting and that it was great for people with oily skin by a make up artist in smashbox. i had trouble applying this foundation as its so watery, it was sliding all over my face. i tried a stippling brush and a regular foundation brush and ended up having to apply most of it with my fingers to actually get the product to stick to my face. the foundation oxidized through out the day which made my already too dark foundation look 10 times worse. it also has no staying power what so ever and separated so much on my tzone that i ended up having to take it off after a few hours. i tried translucent powder, a powder foundation and blotting powder on three separate occasions and it made no difference what so ever to the staying power. after trying(and failing!) to build the foundation up to what i was told was an achievable full coverage, i consulted the smashbox website only to find out that it was sheer to medium coverage which only made me more annoyed as i realized the makeup artist in smashbox completely lied about the foundation just to get me to buy it. this foundation also made me break out badly along my tzone. my skin rarely breaks out and i havent changed my skin care routine recently so i know for sure it was the foundation.(i have never had a break out caused by a foundation before and i've tried so many brands- incl. drug store and high end foundations, so annoying!)

overall, i was extremely unimpressed with this foundation and definitely would not recommend it, especially at that price!(35.50)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product! I bought the smashbox studio skin foundation and that was very full coverage. The halo is super light coverage which I love because I put powder on over it so it doesn't look cakey whatsoever. I apply it with my beauty blender and it looks airbrushed. Deffinately a good foundation if you want extremely light coverage. I would use with a powder forsure.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a full size bottle of this in shade 6 as a giveaway in my local store. At first when I applied my skin was raidiant and looked flawless but after about 10 minutes my concealer came away and the product didn't look so good. The foundation colour is good as I prefer yellow based but it's not a product I would buy again. I stippled on with my sigma brush and built up to medium coverage but you can't acheive full coverage x

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Hannahkatebeauchamp11

The reason I bought this product was because all of my makeup oriented friends raved about it. I literally used it for one week and my entire face broke out so badly that I looked like a teenage boy! I will never use this product again and am very scared to use any of smashbox's other facial products. When I applied it, it never really stuck to my skin and alway smeared around with a very very light coverage. I have loreal true match lumi which is from the drug store and I think it's a 10x better product than this!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought Liquid Halo because the Ulta employees were raving about it to someone each time I went in. I had one of the employees help color match me, while he told me what a great foundation it was.
Liquid Halo is overpriced and does not blend easily, whether I use my fingers, a sponge, or a foundation brush. What I mean by this is that I will apply it to my skin, delicately try to blend it in, and what ends up happening is that it wipes off while I'm trying to blend - I haven't experienced this issue before.
My skin also tends to be on the drier side, and Liquid Halo highlights the dry spots, and if anything, prominently displays even the tiniest of dryness.
It's just not for us girls with combination or dry skin, I'm hoping I can return it today and purchase something better.

To summarize, Liquid Halo feels silky, color matches my skin so well, yet has poor coverage and abnormal application. Do not buy if you have dry skin, unless MAYBE you have an out-of-this-world primer. I'll take my money elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Kiki05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin and I have a ton of scars from past acne. I've been using this for about a month now and I am impressed!! There are things that I think could have been better but over all this foundation is amazing! It feels light weigh and it gives you this natural, flawless look (you just need to use concealer on dark areas). So if your looking for a foundation that will not cake up on your or if you want that no make up- makeup look then this is the best foundation for you. The claims are legit, they make you look like a model on photos and it feels so hydrating on your face. The coverage is light to medium and it's definitely buildable into a medium coverage foundation. My only problem with this is it doesn't control my oil but i can work with that with my primer and powder so I'm algood... WORTH BUYING! Works for any skin type

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by sassieskier

I've concluded that this is for people with flawless, normal skin who want a bit of a glow look. I have uneven skin tone due to freckles and redness and even with concealer, this does not cover or even out unless I build up to three layers. After that, it feels too heavy on me. Nevertheless the bottle will be gone in a hot instant and at that price, I can't justify it so it's going back.