January 27, 2015 | 1455 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Smashbox Halo Liquid HD Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2015 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Gotbug12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation for when I'm looking for a light to medium coverage. It never looks cakey on me when I buff it in with a brush, no matter how many layers I apply. It lasts all day on my skin and has a lovey glowy finish. I'm shade 2 but it's quite Orange on my skin and has to be blended down my neck. I love how it's oil free and spf 15. The consistency is not thick but not very thin for a liquid foundation although very blendable (spreads evenly with no streaks) I always set this with powder in my oily zone, however it would be ok with out for me. This occasionally clings to small dry patches but I just apply sparingly to these areas. I don't really like the smell but it's not very strong and fades within half an hour. I find it good for school or casual day time activities. It's a bit pricey but I don't mind paying a bit extra for a nice foundation. The packaging looks very nice and expensive and I love the pump, however considering the amount I travel, the weight and size of the glass bottle puts me off a bit.
Overall good foundation and would definitely repurchase however maybe in a lighter shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Dellti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Save your money. This simply does not live up to the hype. Fortunately I received it as a gift, so not a total loss. I have this in the lightest shade #1.The product functions much like a tinted moisturizer, which may be beneficial if you need little coverage. However, I was in need of a foundation. The biggest issue I had with it is that it SLIDES. If you have an itch and lightly scratch your face, you can see the trace lines of your nails in the foundation ( I've never experienced this before) It's really not a nice product, combined with the fact it oxidizes after a few hours to an unflattering orange shade. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This foundation was a huge let down for me, which is deeply annoying because its not cheap.
Generally speaking, for everyday wear, I love a nice light coverage foundation. I don't have particularly bad skin, I don't feel like I want to slap on a full coverage unless I'm going out for the night and want to look especially 'done up' as I call it.
This is why I loved the sound of Liquid Halo. The lady at the counter said it was very lightweight, quite moisturising all of the usual spiel they give you when they want to sell you something. So I got myself colour matched and she reckoned I was shade number '2', as the '1' and '3' were too orange. This kind of disconcerted me straightaway because I thought surely number 1 is the lightest shade they do and therefore should be too pale rather than too dark? Still, I trusted her, I liked the way it felt on the skin, and due to the false lighting in the shop, I couldn't exactly see much of a problem until I went to wear it the next day.
When I put it on I panicked because it looked way too orange, didn't match my neck in the slightest. Thankfully, as it began to oxidise a little bit it seemed to sort of match my skin tone but not completely. When I set it with a little bit of powder that also helped but only marginally. I still get the feeling it doesn't match my neck entirely which leaves me a feeling a bit paranoid as to weather there is a visible line.
The foundation itself isn't fabulous, not only is the colour selection terrible; it doesn't last particularly long either. It felt like it was sliding about a lot even though I'd set it with powder and have dry, dehydrated skin. As I said, I love a light coverage as much as the next person but I don't like to feel like I have none at all.
Price wise, it's a total rip off for what it is. The only plus point I give it is the sturdy glass bottle packaging. Other than that this was hugely disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by DezineOptional

The reason I didn't give this foundation 5 lippies, is because it made me break out, which is very unusual for me. I have somewhat good skin and I rarely break out. However, I did give it 3 lippies, because the finish is absolutely beautiful! Had this not irritated my skin, it would probably be my go-to base makeup.

It's virtually undetectable on the skin, which is what we all want out of a foundation right!? It really does provide that halo-like glow yet it's so natural looking that you essentially appear to have naturally radiant skin. There is no shimmer in this so it doesn't settle into fine lines or twinkle in the light. It's just a really beautiful base makeup that sadly, did not get along with my skin. If you don'y suffer from sensitivity, I would suggest giving this product a try. While it's on the expensive side, it last quite a long time and a little goes a long way. The pump bottle is very precise, so no product is wasted.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MaryRandolph93

I bought this product before a banquet at my university. I had been using the CC cream from Clinique that had great coverage, but it broke me out terribly. I already have acne prone skin, and there's nothing worse than a product that covers up the problems it creates. I went into Ulta and tested a few of the foundations on different spots on my face to see how the product would feel and look. This particular foundation won the test! It didn't make my skin dry or sit in any little wrinkles I don't even have.
The product has lasted me a long time. I wear it often, I cannot say daily, but very close to daily. I purchased this in April and I was scraping the bottle in November.
When I wear Liquid Halo, I feel like my skin feels even better. It makes my skin smooth and soft. As for coverage, it is pretty light, but it is also very build-able. It only takes one layer to make my skin tone even, and if I have a breakout I just use concealer over any imperfections. I prefer this method because I think it's unnecessary to use heavy coverup on places that don't need it. Then I top it off with a pressed translucent powder. This method works well with my combination skin and lasts a while. I do reapply in the late afternoon if I have a full day of school or work.
All in all, I think it is a great product for making your skin tone look even. It doesn't break out my acne prone skin, and I will definitely be repurchasing despite the price tag. The price is justifiable with how great the product works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by emilcezendejas

love this foundation its lightweight and has good coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only bad thing about this foundation is the price, other than that i love it, i bought it long ago and idk why the heck i didn't like it back then but i recently started using it again because i was running out of my MAC and i fell in love! ... The coverage is buildable, and trust me I like full coverage, this makes me flawless! I set it with the halo powder the one with the grinder, i have large pores and this vanishes everything, i got compliments, my makeup lover friends noticed i look different, they said i didn't look cakey anymore lol i just wish it wasn't so pricey, but I will buy again, because it makes me flawless..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by RainbowKid18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I was absolutely delighted with the results of this product-after application, however I did notice from the offset that it didn't have very good staying power despite being "humidity proof" admittedly it sticks if you're out in the rain but humidity and heat especially if you're a gairdresser like me I found it to be not so good I

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by waffles858

when I bought this foundation, I figured it would have the same coverage as their bb cream which I LOVE!! However, I am very disappointed with it. I need to wear it over my garnier bb cream and then apply pressed powder to achieve a decent look. Plus, my fave gets too oily so I have to blot very often and the lasting power is also not so great...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Pinksk8wax

I bought this on a whim just to try something new. I've been using MUFE HD foundation for several years and I love it so I'm not sure why I switched haha. I don't like a lot of coverage for everyday wear and this is a nice light coverage, but that's about the only positive for me. It seems like most of the shades are more yellow based and my undertone is more peach than yellow so it was hard to find an exact match! (MAC NC35, MUFE 128). Also, I'm not sure why a product formulated to be worn on-camera and on-screen would contain an SPF- sunscreen causes flashback on camera! I'll stick with MUFE HD Foundation from now on