Paula's Choice Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral Complex SPF 30

3.5

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 6%; Titanium Dioxide 2.32% (sunscreens). Other Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate (thickener),Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone (silicone slip agents and skin protectants), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Caprylyl Methicone (emollient), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (emollient thickeners), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient), Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer (film-forming agent), Isohexadecane (dry-finish solvent), Cetyl Alcohol (emollient), Propylene Glycol (moisture-binding agent), Polyglyceryl-6 Isostearate (emollient), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant),Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agents), Allantoin (anti-irritant), Glycerin, Panthenol (skin-repairing ingredients), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Caprylyl Glycol (emollient), Alumina, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polyhydroxystearic Acid (thickeners), Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone (skin-conditioning agent), Diethylhexyl Carbonate (emollient), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone slip agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

on 5/25/2015 2:52:00 PM

Just ordered my second and third bottle of this sunscreen and I am in love! Unfortunately Asian sunscreen does not ship to me (Canada) I have tried. I would love to try those but I have really sensitive skin so the alcohol may be an irritant but I'd love to try it still, Anyways! this sunscreen is great. I have been using it for a couple of months now. The smell people are talking about does not affect me and I have a perfume allergy so this is good news. It goes on white but if you let it sink in for the 15-20 min before you go into the sun then it is not noticeable. I do have dry skin so I put moisturiser on before it. It really makes my skin seem less red and the sun protection bonus is great. I am 25 and just recently have been putting sunscreen on every day and ever two hours when exposed to the sun. My skin while covered in hormonal acne :( does not get irritated by this at all! YAY, I also was blessed by some great genes to have acne prone skin...I don't even wear make-up! I just do my skincare routine and put on sunscreen and I am out the door ready to go. My skin while acne riddled does look smoother and younger and just... well, I cant even explain it...It just looks healthy. Please protect yourself from the sun!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

White cast. I honestly didn't think it had much of a white cast at first, but upon subsequent uses I've noticed a clear and obvious white cast on my face. I'm pretty tanned, so it's hard for me to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't do this, but I had such high hopes for this one...especially since it's only SPF 30. We're not talking SPF 50 here, which I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the white cast for. So consider yourself warned. White. cast. I'm sticking to Japanese sunscreens from now on, and possibly Avene/LRP.

on 4/25/2015 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a long time for a facial sunscreen that I'm not allergic to or that breaks me out... This seems to be it! Let me say, I have dry skin but it will break out with heavy products; this is problematic because I cannot use ANY chemical sunscreens.

I do use a dry-skin moisturizer under this (allow it to sink in before applying this). I've tried other sunscreens for drier skin (including Paula's Resist one with physical sunscreen), and they are just too greasy and break me out. This disappears within 5 minutes of application, doesn't leave a white cast, and works well with makeup. A winner!

on 4/25/2015 1:58:00 AM

Why does this only have 3.4 points?

I love it. Best sunscreen and believe me, I've tried a lot. Many sting my skin (chemical sunscreen) or too white and thick (mineral).

This is a miracle product for me. It goes on smoothly as in easy to spread, no white cast, gentle shine and moisture. Most of all, doesn't sting! Perfect.

I will repurchase.

Cons: Expensive compared to other sunscreens. But hey! It's a moisturizer + spf. Small- only 60 mls.

on 1/24/2015 2:25:00 PM

On the third tube of this already. Surprised by the terrible reviews here but I'm someone that struggled through manyyyyy brands just to look for a moisturizer. I broke out to many many of them. Until I found this. I could say this is my holy grail product. It's a mineral sunscreen so that's great, chemical sunscreen never ever works for me. This is lightweight as the name implies, absorbs well, great for combination skin in my opinion. Dryer skin will require something heavier I feel. There's def a white cast to it when you first apply but I think that comes with mineral sunscreen, it sinks in after awhile so no worries. I would take that over chemical sunscreen. This product takes into account both sensitive AND combination skin. Just amazing.

on 1/21/2015 4:22:00 PM

pros:
-mineral sunscreen (zinc & titanium dioxide)
-lightweight & somewhat moisturizing, so many mineral sunscreens can be so thick and hard to apply
-no fragrance
-spf 30, broad spectrum
-price is fairly reasonable because paula's choice is always having sales and you can get $10 off your first order with a promo link
-no animal testing

cons:
-since it's a mineral sunscreen it can give a slight white tint after application but that can be easily remedied by either applying some tinted powder over it and/or mixing in drop or two of tinted moisturizer or foundation
-I wish they would change the packaging to a pump formula but the tube is manageable

overall I would highly recommend this for daily use, especially for those who have sensitive skin :)

on 12/14/2014 10:54:00 PM

Im quite surprised at some reviews on here and I have to wonder are we even talking about the same product?

This is a VERY light weight sunscreen with the weakest hint of moisture. In fact, I was surprised to find that this is the first sunscreen Ive ever actually had to put a lightweight moisturiser on with (FYI I have combo extremely acne prone skin). It does have a faint white cast but nothing crazy like Invisible Zinc and probably the faintest white cast left from any mineral sunscreen Ive tried.
The only reason I didnt give it a 5 is because its not the best to put makeup over (EL Double Wear, Rimmel 25hr) but it is better since Ive put a moisturiser on underneath. It can also build up and flake in my eyebrows which is annoying but most zinc sunscreens have done that to me.

I will purchase again purely because it isnt breaking me out. I may purchase some samples of other PC sunscreens as I am currently using her Clear 3 step system and enjoying it.

I was SO excited to try this product. I was looking into paula's Choice for a while and although i dont always agree with her ratings, she usually made sense. Her products are resonably priced.... but i am so disappointed with this product!! I tried this beause i have fair/ porcelain skin and can get breakouts easily with chemical sunscreens. This product has a thick consistancy, i realized that when i first got it, but i gave it a go anyway. I got the worst acne the entire time i used it. I NEVER get cystic acne but this gave me it!!!! I dealt with embaressing clogged pores for a few weeks. Don't think ill be trying any of her other products. Very upset with her because she claims she had acne prone skin herself. Yet their are pore clogging ingrediants in this! :(

on 8/6/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
- High SPF
- Comes in a tube, not a jar
- Great price

Cons:
- Leaves a white cast on my face and in my beard
- Scent is unpleasant

on 8/5/2014 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I HAD TWO SAMPLES THAT I USED ON SEPERATE OCCASIONS.
This is a lightweight sunscreen yet I would not say it is a moisturizer and sunscreen or two in one product. When I applied this it felt soothing and went on with a white cast that could be blended in easily . Thankfully the TiO2 and zinc oxide did not seem to flake and it did not seem to exaggerate oiliness in my skin but it's not mattifying either. This has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide so it's pretty gentle but can be acnegenic so be careful if you have acne prone skin.

Popular Moisturizers