October 21, 2014 | 2052 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - High Brow Glow

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have both this color and the original and love them both. I am almost 50 and I thought perhaps this would be too sparkly for me but I was wrong, it gives me an "inner glow" look that is not at all garish or over-done streetwalker but sophisticated and classy. Definitely worth the money as I have not found any highlighting eye shadow that stays under my brow as well. I apply it a little differently, I put it on my ring finger first and gently apply under my brow, that way I can control where and how much I am putting on. I do recommend a good eye cream because it will settle in any dry areas, although I don't notice that happening so much with the Glow as I do with the original matte color. Glow is very forgiving of everyday imperfections as well, like stray hairs that I haven't plucked etc :) Great product, I am in LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by kaylaheefner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite Benefit products. It is very luminous and has a golden finish, the texture is a perfect blend of creamy and tacky so it really stays in place and lasts all day! I only use it underneath my brow bone to gives my eyes and brows a lift with a subtle glow. I've tried using it in my inner conners to complete my eye look but it doesn't show up very well in that area for me. Sometimes I use a more shimmery eyeshadow for a powder highlight over this product and it looks even better! But it's definitely still beautiful on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by starletdust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

If you like a smoky eye or a high arched brow, this is the one for you! I love adding it after blending a smoky eye to highlight my brow arch and make a clear definition, as sometimes when using dark colours close to the brow you make it hard to distinguish what's brow and what isn't, especially if you've been a bit powder/blending happy! This is a perfect tool tone it down and finish off the gradient of your blending while outlining those perfectly defined arches! It glides on glimmery and creamy and blends easily with a great staying power.

As compared to the standard high brow which has a prominent pink tone, the colour with high brow glow is more fleshy coloured, with tones of gold. Original high brow can be like adding another eyeshadow colour to your look with its prominent pinks and is a bit more 'barbie'. Where as glow just highlights with any shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Sarah7777777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great to have in your make up drawer. Seem to last forever. Perfect for lifting your brow arch. In my opinion brows are one of the most important parts of your face. Done right can enhance your eyes and face shape. Handy when you've run out of highlighter too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's High Brow Glow is a new, shimmery twist on their classic High Brow highlighting pencil. Benefit calls this product an "instant brow lift! Champagne pink pencil for eye opening WOW! A single stroke under your arches instantly lifts and illuminates." High Brow Glow contains 2.8g (.1 oz) and sells for $20. This highlighter was bought for me by a friend. Benefit does not test on animals. This highlighter was made in Germany. Benefit products can be bought from the brand's website, at Benefit boutiques and counters, Sephora, and Ulta.
High Brow Glow come in a long, champagne colored cardboard box. An image of the product graces the front of the box along with the product name. A description can be found on both sides of the box. Directions and a full ingredient list are printed on the back. High Brow Glow is a pencil form highlighter. The pencil is made of wood with a champagne coating and topped with a loose fitting black cap. The product name is written on the pencil in black lettering. Sharpening High Brow Glow is a pain in the ass for two reasons. First off, its made of splintery wood. Secondly, its a very awkwardly sized pencil. Thicker than an eyeliner, yet thinner than a jumbo pencil, it doesn't quite fit into either barrel of my NYX Pencil Sharpener. I'll probably just drop the $5 on Benefit's special pencil sharpener, but I'd rather not have to.
I bought High Brow Glow with high expectations. Highlighters are Benefit's forte, at least in my eyes. The brand describes this pencil as a champagne pink, and that's pretty bang on, though I feel like it can have a bit of a gold reflect in some lights as well. This highlighter has a frosty finish when applied in a high concentration, but it blends out to a soft shimmer. High Brow Glow is like a warmer, shimmery, amplified version of it's sister High Brow, which is a matte light pink.
High Brow Glow has a soft yet slightly waxy texture. This highlighting pencil glides on with little resistance and is very easy to blend. Once on the skin, it feels like a powder product. High Brow Glow's effect is quite subtle, it doesn't add much to a look, overall. It does, however, give the brows a lifted look, as promised. Honestly, I don't feel like the effect of High Brow Glow is much different than putting any shimmery eyeshadow on the brow bone. This highlighter only lasts about 4 hours. Of course, High Brow Glow can be used for more than just an under brow highlight, it can be used on the face. I use this pencil to highlight my cupids bow and inner corners. This pencil can also act as a shimmery eyeliner or cream eyeshadow (but make sure to set it, it works well with Urban Decay's Bootycall). I don't suggest using High Brow Glow on the waterline, I found it irritating and not very long lasting.
I'm neutral about Benefit's High Brow Glow. The product has it's pros and cons, but overall High Brow Glow seems unnecessary and a little bit gimmicky. Do yo really need a separate highlighter just for under the brow? No, I never though that'd be the case. High Brow Glow was fun for me to try, and I'll continue to use it, but it hasn't become a staple in my routine. I wouldn't recommend this product. Should you try High Brow Glow? That depends on a few factors. Do you already have a highlighter you love? Does the shimmery champagne color speak to you? Do you really want to buy a special pencil sharpener? Think long and hard about these questions before forking over $20 for Benefit's High Brow Glow.