Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder

4.6

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methicone, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 2/25/2015 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this powder. I have very oily skin and this just makes my skin so matte and flawless. The powder is milled super fine and is super easy to use. One thing I didn't like so much whether it was my package, was it slightly broke apart. Also this is very hard to buy in Australia and very few online retailers ship to Australia, so I had to just buy it on Ebay. But apart from this, I love this!

on 2/16/2015 4:26:00 PM

Surprise surprise i bought this cause of essiebutton's recommendation and I honestly love this powder! First things first the packaging is very cute and well made with a mirror inside. It's the first translucent powder I have found that truly is translucent and you cannot trace it on the skin unlike lots of other powders leave a white overcast on the face which i do not want. And i'ts oh so finely milled! I think it takes a lot of it for it to get cakey on me. The best I tell ya!

on 12/3/2014 1:00:00 PM

This is a good powder, and leaves your skin matte and seamless it does not highlight any oil areas on your face at all and doesn't budge keeping your skin matte for the whole day.

Only downside is the price, it's 10.99 over here which I feel personally to be a bit too much, however this did last me a long time as you don't need a lot and the packaging is a click-shut one so it keeps it fresh and tidy

4/5 lip glosses this was quite a good product and I would re-purchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Am already on about my eighth repurchase of this. Costs about 10 and leaves my skin matte and even with no clinging to dry patches. I am pale amd have issues with powders being too dark for me but this is perfect. Decent packaging with mirror and applicator sponge. Keeps me nice and matte and when I reapply later in the day it always reapplies perfectly with no clogging. Does the job great!

on 10/19/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after hearing good things about it by the blogger community. I have been using S and G smellies but haven't really tried their make up (with the exception of their AMAZING lipglosses). Anyway I bought this on recommendation. It was about 10 pounds but on offer so worked out about 7. I know it is just a Boots own brand but I was v disappointed - it was chalky and left my face looking dry! Perhaps if you have v oily skin this would work but I think the Rimmel and Maybelline powders are just as cheap and much better.

Incidently I was in the US on holidays last year and saw this is being marketed as a higher end brand in Sephora! Here in the UK it is a 'drugstore' brand and I would NOT recommend buying it at the higher prices - from someone who has been using it in the UK for years and years it is NOT NOT NOT high end. That goes for the whole line.

on 8/18/2014 3:20:00 PM

You can count me in as a happy customer too. Mine was an emergency buy at a Boots ahead of a meeting - felt so greasy that day. Range to choose from in store was not great. The S&G looked ok, was not too expensive, so I got it. Glad I did, because a) it came along with a sponge to apply (which was a plus if you need it "on the road") and b) just perfectly matted all oily parts of my face. Without making the skin look dry. I am not applying it under eyes though because it would then highlight my wrinkles there (as any other powder does).
A great product if you look for an affordable face powder that works for almost all skin colours I would think-

on 6/26/2014 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Such an incredibly underrated product. A little pricey for it's purpose, but a bit goes a long long way & will probably last u months on end. Got the Urban Decay oil control spray but this is far superior (& cheaper as well) - the UD one works nicely in drier weather but performs badly under humid conditions, plus I suspect it started to cause some minor breakouts for me too. I like to use a pressed powder sponge to apply this, as the puff provided does nothing for me, & a powder brush tends to shift my other make-up in strange ways. I just dab sparingly on my t-zone, concentrating on oilier areas like my chin, forehead & around my nose. The powder does initially give a whitish cast, but easily blends into the skin after a few pats. Able to last a good 7 hours without having to blot or reapply my foundation, & my make-up didn't look particularly patchy at the end of the day. The one thing I'm not too crazy about is the smell, it has an odd metallic scent which luckily is not overpowering. A definite repurchase if I ever hit pan :)

on 5/5/2014 2:33:00 PM

Like other reviewers here, I also purchased this based on essiebutton's review on YouTube (I think her videos and reviews are absolutely excellent) and was surprised to discover that it's actually a really good powder. Surprising because up until now I've not liked any S&G products I've tried and was beginning to think I was only person in the world who doesn't actually like the product range!

This is a finely milled powder which sets your makeup really nicely. It's not cakey and because it's translucent it compliments your foundation colour instead of adding pigmentation to it. I tend to apply this with a powder brush as I find it easier to get into the more 'awkward' places like the sides of my nose and down onto my neck. The good thing though is this doesn't collect into any fine lines or creases you may have, so it's perfect for retouching throughout the day.

This retails at about 13.00GBP but for the quality I think it's worth it. I've already used up one compact and have since repurchased my second, which goes to show how much I like it as I rarely repurchase makeup items (there's too many others to try/choose from!).

on 4/4/2014 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Fantastic powder. Nice and translucent, affordable, finely milled. It's a total behind-the-scenes hero; sets your face without leaving a trace! (Why am I such a poet?) I use this far more than my Mac Prep n Prime or Nars translucent pressed powders. It's a winner. And the packaging is totally cute.

To set a heavy face of makeup, or if you have oily skin, press the powder into your skin by patting with a dense kabuki brush or something similar. For a lighter finish or if you have naturally dry skin, dust a light layer in the T-zone with a soft, fluffy face brush. For under the eyes, use a small, soft brush and pat, working from the outer to inner corner so that you focus most of the powder away from the area that tends to crease the most. Then go in with a clean brush and sweep gently to remove excess powder and avoid looking cakey.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Yeah I do like this powder! Compared to reapplying my powder throughout the day which can start to go darker in areas this just matts the shine! It's also really pale so adds no extra colour but blends extremely well with my other make up! Really pleased with this product for the price!

Recommended for Normal Skin