August 30, 2014 | 1752 users online

Pressed Powders - Soap & Glory - One Heck of a Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by DBelgium

You can count me in as a happy customer too. Mine was an emergency buy at a Boots ahead of a meeting - felt so greasy that day. Range to choose from in store was not great. The S&G looked ok, was not too expensive, so I got it. Glad I did, because a) it came along with a sponge to apply (which was a plus if you need it "on the road") and b) just perfectly matted all oily parts of my face. Without making the skin look dry. I am not applying it under eyes though because it would then highlight my wrinkles there (as any other powder does).
A great product if you look for an affordable face powder that works for almost all skin colours I would think-

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Sykeq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such an incredibly underrated product. A little pricey for it's purpose, but a bit goes a long long way & will probably last u months on end. Got the Urban Decay oil control spray but this is far superior (& cheaper as well) - the UD one works nicely in drier weather but performs badly under humid conditions, plus I suspect it started to cause some minor breakouts for me too. I like to use a pressed powder sponge to apply this, as the puff provided does nothing for me, & a powder brush tends to shift my other make-up in strange ways. I just dab sparingly on my t-zone, concentrating on oilier areas like my chin, forehead & around my nose. The powder does initially give a whitish cast, but easily blends into the skin after a few pats. Able to last a good 7 hours without having to blot or reapply my foundation, & my make-up didn't look particularly patchy at the end of the day. The one thing I'm not too crazy about is the smell, it has an odd metallic scent which luckily is not overpowering. A definite repurchase if I ever hit pan :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Like other reviewers here, I also purchased this based on essiebutton's review on YouTube (I think her videos and reviews are absolutely excellent) and was surprised to discover that it's actually a really good powder. Surprising because up until now I've not liked any S&G products I've tried and was beginning to think I was only person in the world who doesn't actually like the product range!

This is a finely milled powder which sets your makeup really nicely. It's not cakey and because it's translucent it compliments your foundation colour instead of adding pigmentation to it. I tend to apply this with a powder brush as I find it easier to get into the more 'awkward' places like the sides of my nose and down onto my neck. The good thing though is this doesn't collect into any fine lines or creases you may have, so it's perfect for retouching throughout the day.

This retails at about 13.00GBP but for the quality I think it's worth it. I've already used up one compact and have since repurchased my second, which goes to show how much I like it as I rarely repurchase makeup items (there's too many others to try/choose from!).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic powder. Nice and translucent, affordable, finely milled. It's a total behind-the-scenes hero; sets your face without leaving a trace! (Why am I such a poet?) I use this far more than my Mac Prep n Prime or Nars translucent pressed powders. It's a winner. And the packaging is totally cute.

To set a heavy face of makeup, or if you have oily skin, press the powder into your skin by patting with a dense kabuki brush or something similar. For a lighter finish or if you have naturally dry skin, dust a light layer in the T-zone with a soft, fluffy face brush. For under the eyes, use a small, soft brush and pat, working from the outer to inner corner so that you focus most of the powder away from the area that tends to crease the most. Then go in with a clean brush and sweep gently to remove excess powder and avoid looking cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yeah I do like this powder! Compared to reapplying my powder throughout the day which can start to go darker in areas this just matts the shine! It's also really pale so adds no extra colour but blends extremely well with my other make up! Really pleased with this product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LeanneK87

I love this powder, unlike other powders it's not heavy or cakey. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and matte which is lush. It also does not oxidise on your face not long after application leaving you slightly orange... Not a good look!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by louiseannette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like other reviewers, I saw this product on essiebutton's youtube channel and immediately bought it! This is a very finely milled, light setting powder. My complaint is, it can build up if you retouch too much, leaving you (or me anyway!) looking cakey. But overall, this is a compact, good quality setting powder which is excellent value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Such a great powder. Heard about this on essiebutton's youtube channel, and am so glad I did. I find this to be much better than the much raved about Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. The only thing I find that rimmel's powder does better at are the colours, rimmel has several shades, and it's really versatile, where as S&G's powder only comes in translucent.

PROs:
- Such a lovely, natural matte finish! I cannot emphasise this enough, the finish is so natural that it's almost undetectable. No caking, no powdery-ness, no sinking into blemishes or lines. and I don't think it emphasises dry spots too much. I never thought both a natural AND a matte finish could co-exist together in a single product, but hey, this proved me wrong.
- It does not cake, even after I tested it out by applying much more than I should. Also, no caking means touch ups are a breeze, no matter how many times I re-apply this throughout the day, it looks just as good as when I first put it on in the morning. It's for this reason this powder is my go-to for touch ups and to bring around in my bag.
- Good coverage. It's a sheer powder, so no miracles here, but I find this gives me just a slight added bit of coverage in terms of pores especially, and some light acne scarring.
- Great packaging. Sturdy and comes with a big mirror, so I can bring it around with me in my bag and not have to worry about it breaking. It also comes with a little applicator/sponge thing, which isn't very good, but it's workable.

CONs:
- It is more translucent than Rimmel's stay matte, but it still isn't truly translucent. I have medium skin, and it gives me a slight white cast, so I have to be careful not to over apply.
- Lasting power on me isn't too great, maybe around 4 hours, so I have to reapply pretty often. I think lasting power would be much better on normal, combination or even regular oily skin. I also find it's not as mattifying as the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

Yes, I will repurchase! I love makeup that is natural and doesn't look heavy, and this fits the bill. It is more expensive than regular drugstore powders, but it really is excellent quality, and good packaging. Definitely will recommend to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this powder. It takes away shine, doesn't look cakey and gives my makeup a more expensive look. I adore the packaging too which is pretty and fits into my little black clutch for nights out. A little pricey but nothing compared to MAC or Benefit and it's better than both so definitely worth it. Especially on 3 for 2 at Boots!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

this is a brilliant that mattifies skin and doesent leave it dry or cakey. it's translucent and on my fair skin it doesent cause a white cast, I used to use rimmel stay matte which is nice but it gets cakey!