Yeah I do like this powder! Compared to reapplying my powder throughout the day which can start to go darker in areas this just matts the shine! It's also really pale so adds no extra colour but blends extremely well with my other make up! Really pleased with this product for the price!
I love this powder, unlike other powders it's not heavy or cakey. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and matte which is lush. It also does not oxidise on your face not long after application leaving you slightly orange... Not a good look!
Like other reviewers, I saw this product on essiebutton's youtube channel and immediately bought it! This is a very finely milled, light setting powder. My complaint is, it can build up if you retouch too much, leaving you (or me anyway!) looking cakey. But overall, this is a compact, good quality setting powder which is excellent value for money.
Such a great powder. Heard about this on essiebutton's youtube channel, and am so glad I did. I find this to be much better than the much raved about Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder. The only thing I find that rimmel's powder does better at are the colours, rimmel has several shades, and it's really versatile, where as S&G's powder only comes in translucent.
- Such a lovely, natural matte finish! I cannot emphasise this enough, the finish is so natural that it's almost undetectable. No caking, no powdery-ness, no sinking into blemishes or lines. and I don't think it emphasises dry spots too much. I never thought both a natural AND a matte finish could co-exist together in a single product, but hey, this proved me wrong.
- It does not cake, even after I tested it out by applying much more than I should. Also, no caking means touch ups are a breeze, no matter how many times I re-apply this throughout the day, it looks just as good as when I first put it on in the morning. It's for this reason this powder is my go-to for touch ups and to bring around in my bag.
- Good coverage. It's a sheer powder, so no miracles here, but I find this gives me just a slight added bit of coverage in terms of pores especially, and some light acne scarring.
- Great packaging. Sturdy and comes with a big mirror, so I can bring it around with me in my bag and not have to worry about it breaking. It also comes with a little applicator/sponge thing, which isn't very good, but it's workable.
- It is more translucent than Rimmel's stay matte, but it still isn't truly translucent. I have medium skin, and it gives me a slight white cast, so I have to be careful not to over apply.
- Lasting power on me isn't too great, maybe around 4 hours, so I have to reapply pretty often. I think lasting power would be much better on normal, combination or even regular oily skin. I also find it's not as mattifying as the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.
Yes, I will repurchase! I love makeup that is natural and doesn't look heavy, and this fits the bill. It is more expensive than regular drugstore powders, but it really is excellent quality, and good packaging. Definitely will recommend to others.
I really love this powder. It takes away shine, doesn't look cakey and gives my makeup a more expensive look. I adore the packaging too which is pretty and fits into my little black clutch for nights out. A little pricey but nothing compared to MAC or Benefit and it's better than both so definitely worth it. Especially on 3 for 2 at Boots!! :)
this is a brilliant that mattifies skin and doesent leave it dry or cakey. it's translucent and on my fair skin it doesent cause a white cast, I used to use rimmel stay matte which is nice but it gets cakey!
I saw this featured on Essiebutton's blog and her review totally sold me on it. I couldn't find this in Shoppers Drugmart (the only stores I know of in Canada that sell Soap & Glory products), so I had to order it from eBay which came to around $25 including shipping. I absolutely hate Mac's blotting powder, and Rimmel's, so this one is the best I have tried.