Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder

4.6

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methicone, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is now the only powder I use! I use it daily to set my makeup and for touching up during the day. I don't think any product will keep my nose and forehead shine-free all day but this definitely helps.
This is a translucent powder so doesn't add any extra/unwanted colour to my face and NEVER looks cakey even when I reapply. The effect is natural/matte and blends well over matte or dewy foundations. I usually use a soft, fluffy powder brush to dab it over my nose and forehead and then lightly sweep over the rest of my face in circular motions.
The packaging is simple but sturdy enough to be carried around in your handbag all day. I like that there's a mirror included in the lid.
Can't argue with the price and it is usually on some sort of offer at Boots. I have already re-purchased this about three or four times and will probably do so again!

I love Soap & Glory, and I still remember how I rushed to purchase this as soon as they launched their makeup range. I've always suffered from an oily nose, and as someone who wears spectacles, the struggle is real. =p Once the nose oils up, my glasses start to slide, so do the makeup.

And this, my fellow MUA friends, is the best blotting powder I've used. It doesn't keep the oil away all day, but the finely milled powder just attaches itself to my nose and helps keep the oil production factory under control for at least 6 hours – more than half the work day, making me very, very happy.

I usually only powder my T-zone, using an eyeshadow blender brush to apply One Heck of a Blot all over the nose, including those corners (they are oil slicks) and this doesn't cake, doesn't make me look like I've got too much powder on (thank goodness it's a translucent powder) and just works so well.

I rarely hit pan on powders, and I'm happy to report this is one of them. It's definitely one for those who live in hot, humid countries and if you suffer from oily skin.

Pros:
+ Light cover ( natural - translucent powder )
+ Nice packaging ( lovely & has a mirror )
+ Keep my make-up look matte ( not oily at all )
+ Does not cause breakouts

Cons:
+ Not really long-lasting
+ A little bit cakey ( after few times touch-up )
+ Hard to buy in my country
+ Expensive ( compared with drugstore products )

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this powder. I have extremely oily skin and struggle to find things to lock makeup in place. I would say this is a cheaper dupe for Mac Blot Powder, for less than half the price.

It really does keep you matte. I wore makeup for 18 hours the other day, and only had to touch up once with this. Really is a lovely setting mattifying powder, whether you have oily skin or not.

Packaging is beautiful, but I would expect nothing less of a Soap and Glory product.

Amazing powder. Doesn't go cakey on me like all the other face powders I have used. I no longer need to use blotting papers throughout the day. I have very pale skin and this powder does not add any colour to my face.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I rarely post totally rave reviews but this powder is flawless! My skin is rather odd, as it is normal/slightly oily but I do also get dry skin occasionally around my nose so I am technically combination. However, my skin is typically quite shiny? It's odd because it's not even too oily, as I have tried blotting with no makeup and nope, I'm just shiny naturally I suppose! But anyways, dewy foundations can at the end of the day be a nightmare for me but this is the ONLY powder that actually makes my face less shiny, lasts and isn't super heavy! Just a dusting of this sets my makeup beautifully, matte but not unnatural. I also love that it's translucent, as I find coloured pressed powder typically just is too yellow/pink and obvious on my skin usually. I do find it a high price for a powder, but I really have found my HG powder!! If anyone is just thinking about trying it, just buy it and give it a go, you won't regret it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this powder. I have very oily skin and this just makes my skin so matte and flawless. The powder is milled super fine and is super easy to use. One thing I didn't like so much whether it was my package, was it slightly broke apart. Also this is very hard to buy in Australia and very few online retailers ship to Australia, so I had to just buy it on Ebay. But apart from this, I love this!

Surprise surprise i bought this cause of essiebutton's recommendation and I honestly love this powder! First things first the packaging is very cute and well made with a mirror inside. It's the first translucent powder I have found that truly is translucent and you cannot trace it on the skin unlike lots of other powders leave a white overcast on the face which i do not want. And i'ts oh so finely milled! I think it takes a lot of it for it to get cakey on me. The best I tell ya!

This is a good powder, and leaves your skin matte and seamless it does not highlight any oil areas on your face at all and doesn't budge keeping your skin matte for the whole day.

Only downside is the price, it's 10.99 over here which I feel personally to be a bit too much, however this did last me a long time as you don't need a lot and the packaging is a click-shut one so it keeps it fresh and tidy

4/5 lip glosses this was quite a good product and I would re-purchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Am already on about my eighth repurchase of this. Costs about 10 and leaves my skin matte and even with no clinging to dry patches. I am pale amd have issues with powders being too dark for me but this is perfect. Decent packaging with mirror and applicator sponge. Keeps me nice and matte and when I reapply later in the day it always reapplies perfectly with no clogging. Does the job great!