Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder

4.7

Talc, Silica, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Calcium Carbonate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methicone, Tribehenin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines)

on 7/14/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this powder. I have extremely oily skin and struggle to find things to lock makeup in place. I would say this is a cheaper dupe for Mac Blot Powder, for less than half the price.

It really does keep you matte. I wore makeup for 18 hours the other day, and only had to touch up once with this. Really is a lovely setting mattifying powder, whether you have oily skin or not.

Packaging is beautiful, but I would expect nothing less of a Soap and Glory product.

on 7/4/2015 11:42:00 AM

Amazing powder. Doesn't go cakey on me like all the other face powders I have used. I no longer need to use blotting papers throughout the day. I have very pale skin and this powder does not add any colour to my face.

on 5/27/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I rarely post totally rave reviews but this powder is flawless! My skin is rather odd, as it is normal/slightly oily but I do also get dry skin occasionally around my nose so I am technically combination. However, my skin is typically quite shiny? It's odd because it's not even too oily, as I have tried blotting with no makeup and nope, I'm just shiny naturally I suppose! But anyways, dewy foundations can at the end of the day be a nightmare for me but this is the ONLY powder that actually makes my face less shiny, lasts and isn't super heavy! Just a dusting of this sets my makeup beautifully, matte but not unnatural. I also love that it's translucent, as I find coloured pressed powder typically just is too yellow/pink and obvious on my skin usually. I do find it a high price for a powder, but I really have found my HG powder!! If anyone is just thinking about trying it, just buy it and give it a go, you won't regret it!

on 2/25/2015 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this powder. I have very oily skin and this just makes my skin so matte and flawless. The powder is milled super fine and is super easy to use. One thing I didn't like so much whether it was my package, was it slightly broke apart. Also this is very hard to buy in Australia and very few online retailers ship to Australia, so I had to just buy it on Ebay. But apart from this, I love this!

on 2/16/2015 4:26:00 PM

Surprise surprise i bought this cause of essiebutton's recommendation and I honestly love this powder! First things first the packaging is very cute and well made with a mirror inside. It's the first translucent powder I have found that truly is translucent and you cannot trace it on the skin unlike lots of other powders leave a white overcast on the face which i do not want. And i'ts oh so finely milled! I think it takes a lot of it for it to get cakey on me. The best I tell ya!

on 12/3/2014 1:00:00 PM

This is a good powder, and leaves your skin matte and seamless it does not highlight any oil areas on your face at all and doesn't budge keeping your skin matte for the whole day.

Only downside is the price, it's 10.99 over here which I feel personally to be a bit too much, however this did last me a long time as you don't need a lot and the packaging is a click-shut one so it keeps it fresh and tidy

4/5 lip glosses this was quite a good product and I would re-purchase

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Am already on about my eighth repurchase of this. Costs about 10 and leaves my skin matte and even with no clinging to dry patches. I am pale amd have issues with powders being too dark for me but this is perfect. Decent packaging with mirror and applicator sponge. Keeps me nice and matte and when I reapply later in the day it always reapplies perfectly with no clogging. Does the job great!

on 10/19/2014 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after hearing good things about it by the blogger community. I have been using S and G smellies but haven't really tried their make up (with the exception of their AMAZING lipglosses). Anyway I bought this on recommendation. It was about 10 pounds but on offer so worked out about 7. I know it is just a Boots own brand but I was v disappointed - it was chalky and left my face looking dry! Perhaps if you have v oily skin this would work but I think the Rimmel and Maybelline powders are just as cheap and much better.

Incidently I was in the US on holidays last year and saw this is being marketed as a higher end brand in Sephora! Here in the UK it is a 'drugstore' brand and I would NOT recommend buying it at the higher prices - from someone who has been using it in the UK for years and years it is NOT NOT NOT high end. That goes for the whole line.

on 8/18/2014 3:20:00 PM

You can count me in as a happy customer too. Mine was an emergency buy at a Boots ahead of a meeting - felt so greasy that day. Range to choose from in store was not great. The S&G looked ok, was not too expensive, so I got it. Glad I did, because a) it came along with a sponge to apply (which was a plus if you need it "on the road") and b) just perfectly matted all oily parts of my face. Without making the skin look dry. I am not applying it under eyes though because it would then highlight my wrinkles there (as any other powder does).
A great product if you look for an affordable face powder that works for almost all skin colours I would think-

on 6/26/2014 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Such an incredibly underrated product. A little pricey for it's purpose, but a bit goes a long long way & will probably last u months on end. Got the Urban Decay oil control spray but this is far superior (& cheaper as well) - the UD one works nicely in drier weather but performs badly under humid conditions, plus I suspect it started to cause some minor breakouts for me too. I like to use a pressed powder sponge to apply this, as the puff provided does nothing for me, & a powder brush tends to shift my other make-up in strange ways. I just dab sparingly on my t-zone, concentrating on oilier areas like my chin, forehead & around my nose. The powder does initially give a whitish cast, but easily blends into the skin after a few pats. Able to last a good 7 hours without having to blot or reapply my foundation, & my make-up didn't look particularly patchy at the end of the day. The one thing I'm not too crazy about is the smell, it has an odd metallic scent which luckily is not overpowering. A definite repurchase if I ever hit pan :)