Dior Dior Hydra Life Pro Youth Sorbet Cream

4.7

on 4/15/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is normal-to-dry but still sensitive and I break out easily. I used a sample of this for a few weeks and my skin was awesome the entire time. After that I couldn't go back to what I was using. I decided to buy it despite the steep price.

The formula feels great. It's very lightweight and the texture is between a gel and a cream, but it isn't greasy at all. It's the only moisturizer I've found that hydrates my skin without giving me blackheads or clogged pores. It's also scented, which normally I'm not crazy about but I don't mind. It's not overpowering and smells very fresh and clean. The packaging is pretty. I've read people complaining that the jar packaging is unhygienic, but it comes with a spatula and if you apply with clean hands I don't think it's a big deal.

This might not be a good moisturizer if you have very dry skin, but it works well with my sensitive, acne-prone skin.

I bought a jar about four months ago and have yet to run out. As expensive as it is, I think this is my HG moisturizer and I'll likely buy more once I use it up. Would definitely recommend.

on 3/21/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This strikes me as totally average especially considering the price. I have combination acne prone skin so I need an intensely moisturizing product that will make my skin feel comfortable without oiliness or breakouts, it's a delicate balance.
Sorbet Cream has light consistency, subtle fresh scent, absorbs easily and doesn't irritate my skin. On the other hand I notice some oily residue for a few minutes, the provided hydration is average and doesn't leave my skin plump and comfortable.
Not bad but nothing special either. Might be suitable to people with no special skin needs who need a basic face cream but why would anyone sell this amount of cash for a completely average product?

It is expensive but you really get what you pay for - which in this case is a top quality moisturiser.
It's light, the scent is subtle and fresh and it absorbs quickly. There is no oily feeling residue like I get with Clinique or drug store moisturisers, nor does it make my face look greasy (that's a big issue I have with the oily parts of my combo skin)
My only gripe is that the glass packaging makes this too heavy to be portable.But still, this is only really an issue if you stay overnight somewhere as this cream leaves skin looking plumped up and fresh for the whole day.

I will throw in a comment from my mom, though. She loved the texture, smell etc of this cream but felt her "old skin" (her words, not mine!) needed something a bit richer.

on 2/10/2014 3:49:00 PM

My Skin Type:
Combo/Acne Prone
Sensitive to Silicones (definitely dimethicone and cyclomethicone), Jojoba Oil
Previous Moisturizer Used: Face Reality Hydrating Emlusion

I had just introduced Stridex AHA in a red box to my routine because my skin had been freaking out after coming off BCP and my PTR Max Complexion Pads at night just wasn't cutting it anymore. However, the combination of the Stridex and the cooler weather had shriveled up my normal combo oily skin. I felt like my face would crack after I just moved my face after applying the Stridex.

So instead of stopping the Stridex, I decided to go with a heavier moisturizer. I purchased this after reading a rave review about it on the SCB but panicked after seeing it was the same person who recommended it everytime. Regardless, I ordered it from Sephora during one of their F&F so I figured I would give it a shot.

The product itself is great. Very light and lives up to the sorbet name while still being very moisturizing. It makes me skin feels soft and hydrafted without feeling greasy and it absorbs quickly.

The packaging is a little annoying because it comes in a very heavy glass jar that you need to twist open. Yes it feels luxurious but apparently any antioxidant qualities get lost everytime you expose the product and I am not the best about washing the spatula that comes with it every time I use it.

Bottom line, I just purchased my second jar. The first one lasted me three months which is pretty expensive at $56 USD. I tried to purchase a moisturizer from Bare Escentuals with SPF since this one doesn't have any but it just didn't cut it. It may be too heavy for me once the summer comes around but until then, it's a staple I just can't live without. As someone who is very acne prone, once I find a product that works, it is hard to find the next best thing as the trial and error process is never an easy one.

on 1/19/2014 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It's ok, I'm giving 5 stars because I have no complaints but on the other hand this is the first moisturizer I try, oh wait I do have two minor complaints, it tastes awful (sometimes I taste it when I lick my lips, yuck) and if it goes into your eyes it burns like hell, I would try to apply it outside of the eye area but since I bought this cream especially for the skin around my eyes that gets very dry.. Idk man, I kind of have to apply it there.

on 1/15/2014 9:33:00 PM

Where do I begin?! Love this product, have tried almost every moisturizer out there without much luck. I like how it just seems to melt into my skin. Smells amazing and doesn't leave my face greasy like many moisturizers. I have repurchased this 3 times so as you can tell I do love it. A little goes a long way. Only downside is the price but hey once you find something that really works, it's worth it. Would definitely recommend this.

on 12/30/2013 4:17:00 PM

Every winter my face gets ashy and dry no matter what i do, this year its different luckily my skin is still hydrated! i guess i can thank dior for that! The sorbet is not greasy and smells good .

on 12/18/2013 3:22:00 AM

This stuff is so amazing I can't believe this is not as popular as it should be!
It smells light, fresh and luxurious. Its light enough not to be too much and hydrating enough throughout the day and when I've just put it on.
I have dry combination but in summer time in Queensland I get quite oily around my t-zone and I do get pimples and blackheads.
By the end of the day its doesn't feel like I've put grease on my skin and I don't get blackheads with this.

I really enjoy this luxurious product however not cheap so its my special product when I can buy this.

on 12/5/2013 10:12:00 AM

Great smelling sorbet creme that sinks into my sensitive skin. Expensive, but I think its worth the luxury... Just wish it had spf.
I love it!

on 7/17/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the most amazing moisturizer i´ve tried, and i´ve tried so many. I have combo (sometimes oily)-acne prone-sensitive skin. When i started use this, my skin was very ashy and dehydrated due acne treatments (even my beloved Avene Hydrance Optimale light was not working anymore to help with dehydration). I bought the eye cream and it came with the serum sorbet and this cream. The little jar lasted me like 2 months with amazing results. The smell is very good, and the consistency is very nice, between cream and gel and the color is kinda green blue and it inmediately absorbs onto skin, leaves it soft, smooth and hydrated. Not very cheap, but it lasts some months. My skin is glowing, is hydrated and looks very good even with no makeup, the pores look kinda smaller (when you are dehydrated pores look bigger, for sure). I bought the full size cream. The full size comes with a little spatule. I just love Dior right now.

Popular Moisturizers