Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick - Venom

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/14/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Had wanted to go out of the box a little with a bold darker lip color and this it!! Love the deep berry color it brightens up my fair complexion.. I originally was wearing Rapture but after awhile turned more purple on me and wasn't liking it anymore.... This Venom Color was what i needed to add some spice back in my life...

on 5/29/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Venom is one of the most gorgeous shades from Urban Decay (love the name,too). The lasting power on this is great and it is not too sticky, which is a major plus, considering I rarely wear lipstick to avoid the feeling so many lipsticks give me. The revolution lipstick feels more like a like a lip stain when applied. Overall I am very pleased with UD's lipstick and I am now going to try it in other shades.

on 1/26/2015 8:56:00 AM

I absolutely love this shade and the lip liner that comes with it. Together they make a great combo and result in a very sultry bold lip look!

I think the best way to describe Venom is to compare it with Too Faced Melted Berry lipstick. The lip liner that is also called Venom actually matches most of my berry lipsticks and last a great while! Also helps prevent the actual lipstick from bleeding- which it might do, because it is a very creamy product.

Overall if you like berry shades - this is a great one to check out. If you are considering on getting one, you might want to read this review below (it basically has very similar lip swatch to what Venom looks like, plus the liner).

on 10/2/2014 9:04:00 AM

The color of this lipstick is pretty in the tube...on my lips, well not so much. It is very dark and very scary on me. I felt like I was all lips. The formula is VERY dry. I could not put it on my lips straight from the tube. It "skipped" across my lips giving a really bad look. I tried a balm first and it was still too dry. I tried patting it on with my finger, I tried a lip brush....I gave up and decided that this formula is just not for me. I am a sucker for packaging and will say I love the color of the tube and the weight but that was no reason to keep this lipstick. I swapped it out.

on 6/29/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color of this lipstick is utterly amazing. It's the most beautiful berry I've ever seen. And I own a lot of purple lipsticks. I hate the shape of this lipstick. The round tip makes for difficult application. It also only lasts for about an hour before it wears off in an unsatisfactory way (i.e., looks like lipliner). The lipstick was incredibly drying. The color is such that it is definitely worth me purchasing again.

on 5/13/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It is an lovely product in a very lovely berry plum color. I live in Indonesia, so it is very hard to get this one, but it's totally worth it!

The product claimed to be creamy, and many reviews said that it is very creamy. Yes, it is creamy, after I put it all on my lips. While I was putting this on though, it was a bit hard to move it around (felt a bit like dry). But after all that work, it is moisturizing, and the color is superb. It is an opaque lipstick, a bit of shimmer, it doesn't really have a smell, and it stained for a really long time. Although I suggest you should do a bit of touch up if you do a lot of eating/drinking. Not because it doesn't stay, but I find the color changed a bit (probably due to the amount losing from my lips due to eating/drinking). If you want the color to be back to bold venom, simply just put it a bit more.

My favorite fact about this lipstick is definitely the color and the perfect amount of shimmer that makes it looks perfect on pictures.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been trying to find this for months now and my local UD supplier (Shoppers Drug Mart Boutique) has been sold out forever. I even put my name on a waiting list and finally got so sick of waiting that ordered it from Sephora. It is everything I dreamed it would be and more.

The colour is just TO DIE FOR - a deep berry colour that is very unique and totally wearable on a lot of different skin tones. It goes on so creamy right from the tube or with a lip brush. This product is very long lasting even without a lip liner. Once the product has complete set, it will last for hours without touch ups! I find most long lasting lipsticks these days are extremely drying but this product keeps your lips super moisturized for a very long time while keeping the colour on your lips too!

The cost is a bit steep...I believe with taxes it almost came to $30 but it was totally worth every cent - trust me! I love the super sleek packaging on these lipsticks too. I actually purchased the "Turn On" shade as well and plan to get a few more of this product very soon. If you can find this product don't pass it up. It is AMAZING!!! Definitely one of my top 5 lip products out of everything I own!

on 2/15/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is a beautiful berry shade. Applied once lightly I can get a bright fuschia-berry shade. Apply another layer and the result is a gorgeous deep berry shade. This is more of a nighttime shade for me. When I wear it I let my lips stand out and tone down the rest of my makeup.

on 1/31/2014 6:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the first Urban Decay lipstick I have tried. I've read good things about them, and after finally seeing the Venom shade on a Makeup Geek tutorial video, I finally decided to give one a try. The more I look at this while I'm wearing it, the more I like it. I wasn't sure at first when I tested it at Ulta, but it seems to go very nicely with my fair complexion. The formula is very creamy and isn't drying at all. In fact, it keeps its creaminess and the staying power is excellent. It's such a beautiful, unique, rich berry shade with reddish undertones. The price is a bit steep at $22, but definitely worth the money since it should last for quite awhile.

on 11/29/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This color is very pretty if you love bold berries, like I do. It looks very similar to MAC Rebel. It is expensive, but I am willing to pay for it. Love!!!

Popular Lipsticks