November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Treatments (Face) - Korres - Quercetin & Oak Antiaging Antiwrinkle & Firming Face Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by sismimi

I got a sample size first. ..saw the results right away. The product is expensive but it last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Vanilly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Astonished at the price, I decided to grab a sample before buying the full sized. Used this for about a week.

Surprisingly this worked pretty well on my very dry/oily sensitive skin.
I came from using Caudalie's SOS Thirst Quenching Serum which proved to be not hydrating enough for me (initially it was, though).

This serum absorbs quickly. The texture is runny (as with most serums) and leaves a slightly sticky residue on your skin (it's not that bad). I'm not sure if it's just me, but I found that the oil on my face was less prominent, or rather, was being controlled by this serum. It could mean that my face has been well moisturized, and as a result, it's not over-producing sebum. That's a good sign! Also, I think this moisturizer even helped improve my skin tone (I'm usually pink-faced from sensitivity), but I can't really tell for sure until I use the full sized product.
Another great thing about this product are the ingredients used. Unlike my previous serums and moisturizers, this has nothing that ends with -cone. So no silicone whatsoever in your product. Instead, Korres uses a more natural approach to give your skin a silky and well-moisturized texture.

However -- the smell is really, really strong (floral). I'm not sure how this fares with people who are sensitive to fragrance. Perhaps I just have a really sensitive nose, but every time I apply the serum, I frown a little because of the fragrance. I then tried another Korres product (Wild Rose 24h Cream) and that was not as strong.
The Sephora SA claims that the fragrance is not added on purpose but is actually part of whatever ingredients they used for the product. I guess that explains the various strength of scents in their products.

After a couple hours, I touch my skin to see whether it was still moisturized, and yup, it's still good. However, after maybe 8 hours or so, it starts to dry a little, so I may need to couple this with a moisturizer or find a even better serum that offers more/better moisturizing components. Since hyaluronic acid is not among the first few ingredients in this serum (it's somewhere in the middle), I decided to try another serum (Dermadoctor Wrinkle and Revenge Serum). When that's done, I'm going to try this one.

Overall, I think people who have dry skin will have rewarding effects after using this serum.
I don't have "real" mature skin with a lot of wrinkles, so I can't say whether it has a wrinkle-diminishing effect. However, I do have dull, un-elasticized, very dry and sensitive skin (with occasional hormonal acne) and this did initially give me a good impression.
Definitely get a sample first since this is quite pricey (62$ at Sephora).