August 1, 2014 | 1236 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Lash Domination

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara on a half off sale and I'm glad that I didn't pay full price for this. Don't get me wrong -- I do really like this mascara. It gives a lot of volume and especially makes my lashes really dark at the base. It doesn't smudge or flake on me, like most others. I do still need to go in with a lengthening mascara to pull that volume up a bit. I just have other mascaras that do it all for me, so that's why I wouldn't purchase this again. But it is a great mascara. It is sold in a deluxe sample size in the Grab n Go section at Ulta. So, if you'd like to try it -- you can try it for less and not feel bad if it doesn't work for you!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It gives good length and volume but it did flake and smudge under my eyes during the day. It didnt really dry either. So when I touched my lashes, my fingers got mascara on them.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BarbieYall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do like this mascara. It gives the eye luminous volume and curls lashes without having to use a tool. Gives long lasting wear with wonderful color and I love it! What I'm not so crazy about is the smudging. After a couple of hours of wearing it I have smudges everywhere on my bottom lashes. At least I got this as a sample gift and can use it as a touch up mascara to put in my purse. Covergirl Lash Blast works just the same for me without smudging. Still a great product, enjoy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by mlfpatrick7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love it! (Also a huge They're Real fan, for reference). Makes my already long lashes have good volume without making them clumpy. Haven't noticed a huge difference in length. Nice formula that is on the drier side. Love the brush shape because it makes coating outer lashes effortless!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I tried this once before and hated it but was once again looking for a nonirritating thickening mascara. QVC was running a deal on a twofer so I tried again. This time I am more positive

The pros to this are that it gives me sooty dark thick lashes. I have thin straight long lashes to start so that is saying something. I never say this but my lashes look borderline falsie with this on. It also has some curling action built in--another thing I can rarely say about a mascara--but this one genuinely curls for me. And it does not bother my eyes or contacts one little bit and I have sensitive eyes with many allergies.

The cons for me are the large clunky brush and that it is very water soluble if I cry or my eyes water, however it is hard to remove with just cleanser. I have resorted to topping this with BE's waterproof mascara topper for unmovable mascara but that makes me p!ssed that I had to buy another product.

So if you hated this the first time you tried this, I find it is like all BE products and you have to give them time to really see if they work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

Tried this on a whim and absolutely LOVE it..It makes my lashes thick and noticeable with no clumps and it doesnt run underneath my eyes..

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by nicoleiscool

Was in sephora and the lady there recommended this product on me. I like my mascara to look like i'm wearing false lashes (I already have long lashes). While this was really good at thickening (almost too good - sometimes clumpy) and lengthening this would always end up smudging under my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bearpause

I feel like this one is hit or miss for people. And, alas, this wasn't for me. It wasn't totally terrible- staying power and pigmentation were fine. But the formula looked thick and sticky and uneven (not clumpy but uneven) on my lashes. I only open two mascaras at a time and rotate after three months, so I used it, but I found myself reaching for CoverGirl more. The brush was weird. I wouldn't repurchase if it were 7 dollars- I'm ashamed I paid so much for this. Hope it works out for you if you choose to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is awful. It is a mediocre (at best) mascara as far as lengthening, thickening, etc. drugstore mascaras are at least as good. But what is additionally awful about this one is that it starts traveling to the upper and lower lids almost immediately after applying. AND paradoxically it is impossible to get off! Face wipe+ Make-up remover + purity wash and I've STILL got black under my eye. I gave it 3 tries and it's now going in the garbage. I wouldn't use this if it were free let alone $18.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My lovely Stepmom sent this to me as she lives in America & knows Canada charges more for some products, especially where I live Toronto where taxes are thru the roof...Anyhow I LOVE IT!! It takes every single lash & lengthens them w/ a rich JET black pigment. It separates & lifts beautifully. Has NO (toxic) scent & a wonderful unique spiral design that really combs thru the lashes. I did NOT use a curler either, yet they look like I had. I've had it on now for hrs, my lashes are still UP, no flaking & I just adore that it does not leave them feeling dry or brittle. I've put on about 3 coats & there's NO clumping whatsoever either.