Bare Escentuals Lash Domination

3.2

on 4/6/2015 5:14:00 PM

Surprised at all of the negative reviews here. I got this as a sample and liked it so much that I bought a full-size version (even though it is very expensive). My lashes are quickly volumized and lengthened with this mascara. It really thickens them and makes them longer. I like the big brush that some others have complained about AND I love the "mod" silver packaging of the product itself. I have almost no complaints - overall this is one of the best mascaras I've ever used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I must say I'm surprised at all of the negative reviews on this mascara. I tried it and loved the brush personally. But then again I do have big ol' eyeballs so to each their own I guess. Anyway I personally do believe that I would repurchase this product. I've tried many mascaras over the years drugstore and high end and out of all of them this is definitely one of the high end mascaras that I've been most impressed with. The packaging is not over the top or bulky. I also love the brush and how it has the spiral comb that reaches all of my lashes. I'm more partial to plastic or rubber mascara wands as opposed to the traditional ones and ever since maybeline discontinued their Lash Stylist comb mascara I've been looking for a similar one and I do believe this is one of the closest things to it in a way. It adds nice length and definition and volumizes with little to no clumping and I love that it has better ingredients that nourish your lashes rather than just drying them out. I find that it easily washes off with regular eye makeup remover to. so all in all I think it's a pretty good mascara. If you have the money to splurge and want a goodbfor your lashes mascara that gives your lashes some oomph i'd say it's definitely worth a try

on 3/3/2015 5:08:00 PM

I got a free sample of this from Sephora. First of all the brush was a little too large and awkward. It did add nice length to my lashes but not much volume. Within an hour it had flaked and smudged under my bottom lashes. Would not purchase a full size.

on 2/27/2015 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mascara makes my eyelashes look so wonderful. They are separated and long and full of volume. I start at the base of my lashes and wiggle back and forth. For the second coat I comb and turn the brush through my lashes. The mascara stays beautiful all day and night. HOWEVER. I gave this mascara three lippies because no matter what I do, this mascara is impossible to take off, making me lose my lashes.

No good.

on 1/18/2015 11:54:00 AM

I love this mascara. I got it as a sampler from Ulta when I purchased my Bare Minerals foundation. I've had it deep in my makeup bag for several months and never really used it until now out of desperate need. I have very short, sparse lashes and I really love a dramatic bold look so I'm extremely picky with mascara. I've tried almost all of the mascara's at the drugstore and never liked any of them. But this, love love LOVE! Gives me bold, volumized dark lashes in just a couple coats. I took one lippie off because it tends to smudge a lot, however it's nothing I can't handle.

on 1/13/2015 12:07:00 PM

AWFUL product.

I had gotten it as a part of my Bare Minerals starter kit and I was super stoked to try it out.

SO dissapointed. It looked great when I first applied it but within two hours of application it was flaking everywhere! Which was extremely irritating to my eyes. Not only that (and I'm curious to see if anyone else had this happen to them because I've never seen this before ever.) but when I was walking home at night after work in the cold it liquified. Not even joking, by the time I got home all the mascara on my lashes looked like I had doused them in water and it was transferring all over my face. So weird and so messy. I wonder if it's because I went from somewhere warm (I work in a Nightclub) to the freezing Canadian cold that it did that. Whatever it was, it was awful. So I guess a pro to this product was the removal process? Haha.

on 1/11/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This mascara is just OK. It's not bad, but it's not good either. The formula seems to be alright, but I am not a fan of the wand. It has stiff, plastic bristles that wind in a spiral around the applicator. I'm not sure how that is supposed to help. It does sometimes clump on me, and when it does, it dries too quickly to brush them out. I usually like two coats of mascara, but this formula is more likely to clump if you use more than one. It does make my lashes black, and it seems to do a decent job of making them look thicker. It doesn't do anything for length. I will not buy this again - there are just too many less expensive products that do a better job.

on 1/4/2015 7:42:00 PM

DOMINATION INDEED! I cannot give this mascara a proper review, simply because the brush is TOO BIG FOR MY EYES. This brush is just under 1 1/4" long and 3/8" wide. I don't have unusually small eyes (see pics in Profile) but this brush is much too long and wide to comfortably and easily apply product to my lashes from base to tips. If I can't get to the roots of my lashes - and I can't - I cannot apply the mascara successfully. This is not a case of "I don't like the brush" . . . this is a case of "The brush is the same size as my opened eye, upper lash to bottom lash". I think the brush is such a cool design; I'd love to try it in a smaller scale! I cannot apply it to my lash roots nor can I apply it without hitting my lids with the brush and therefore the product. This mascara was included in the QVC Lashtastic Set, which was a Christmas gift from my sister. I don't like to give away used mascara or used wanded items in general, but what am I going to do with this missile-sized mascara? Truth is, NOTHING is better for me than Jordana's Best Lash!!! It's perfection! Perhaps I'll use that as a first coat, concentrating on root coverage, and use the Lash Domination as I can. If you have eyes that you consider "small" I think you should pass on this one.

on 12/21/2014 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Just bought this Lash Domination Mascara from the Mecca Dept at Kirkcaldie & Stains (Wellington NZ). The lovely shop assistants at Mecca had about 8 brands to show us, but recommended this one over Nars, Stila etc. They were right, it adds amazing Length & Volume. Pink packaging is very cool. The silver wand is extremely funky looking. And the price was only NZ$28, which is amazingly affordable since Maybelline/Loreal/Cover Girl/Revelon/Chi Chi/Australis etc are also around that price. Will definitely buy again. I've found this better than my Chanel, Dior Iconic and MAC ones that I've used before.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products