January 28, 2015 | 1486 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Lash Domination

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:54:00 AM More reviews by blondequeen67

I love this mascara. I got it as a sampler from Ulta when I purchased my Bare Minerals foundation. I've had it deep in my makeup bag for several months and never really used it until now out of desperate need. I have very short, sparse lashes and I really love a dramatic bold look so I'm extremely picky with mascara. I've tried almost all of the mascara's at the drugstore and never liked any of them. But this, love love LOVE! Gives me bold, volumized dark lashes in just a couple coats. I took one lippie off because it tends to smudge a lot, however it's nothing I can't handle.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2015 12:07:00 PM More reviews by SamWright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

AWFUL product.

I had gotten it as a part of my Bare Minerals starter kit and I was super stoked to try it out.

SO dissapointed. It looked great when I first applied it but within two hours of application it was flaking everywhere! Which was extremely irritating to my eyes. Not only that (and I'm curious to see if anyone else had this happen to them because I've never seen this before ever.) but when I was walking home at night after work in the cold it liquified. Not even joking, by the time I got home all the mascara on my lashes looked like I had doused them in water and it was transferring all over my face. So weird and so messy. I wonder if it's because I went from somewhere warm (I work in a Nightclub) to the freezing Canadian cold that it did that. Whatever it was, it was awful. So I guess a pro to this product was the removal process? Haha.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2015 11:37:00 PM More reviews by flautenmusik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is just OK. It's not bad, but it's not good either. The formula seems to be alright, but I am not a fan of the wand. It has stiff, plastic bristles that wind in a spiral around the applicator. I'm not sure how that is supposed to help. It does sometimes clump on me, and when it does, it dries too quickly to brush them out. I usually like two coats of mascara, but this formula is more likely to clump if you use more than one. It does make my lashes black, and it seems to do a decent job of making them look thicker. It doesn't do anything for length. I will not buy this again - there are just too many less expensive products that do a better job.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 7:42:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

DOMINATION INDEED! I cannot give this mascara a proper review, simply because the brush is TOO BIG FOR MY EYES. This brush is just under 1 1/4" long and 3/8" wide. I don't have unusually small eyes (see pics in Profile) but this brush is much too long and wide to comfortably and easily apply product to my lashes from base to tips. If I can't get to the roots of my lashes - and I can't - I cannot apply the mascara successfully. This is not a case of "I don't like the brush" . . . this is a case of "The brush is the same size as my opened eye, upper lash to bottom lash". I think the brush is such a cool design; I'd love to try it in a smaller scale! I cannot apply it to my lash roots nor can I apply it without hitting my lids with the brush and therefore the product. This mascara was included in the QVC Lashtastic Set, which was a Christmas gift from my sister. I don't like to give away used mascara or used wanded items in general, but what am I going to do with this missile-sized mascara? Truth is, NOTHING is better for me than Jordana's Best Lash!!! It's perfection! Perhaps I'll use that as a first coat, concentrating on root coverage, and use the Lash Domination as I can. If you have eyes that you consider "small" I think you should pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Shellfinz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just bought this Lash Domination Mascara from the Mecca Dept at Kirkcaldie & Stains (Wellington NZ). The lovely shop assistants at Mecca had about 8 brands to show us, but recommended this one over Nars, Stila etc. They were right, it adds amazing Length & Volume. Pink packaging is very cool. The silver wand is extremely funky looking. And the price was only NZ$28, which is amazingly affordable since Maybelline/Loreal/Cover Girl/Revelon/Chi Chi/Australis etc are also around that price. Will definitely buy again. I've found this better than my Chanel, Dior Iconic and MAC ones that I've used before.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

Pros- The brush is excellent, separates and lifts lashes
Cons-Smudged like crazy, (but I have oily skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Wahine1

I have long but fairly sparse lashes. I was hoping for nice volume and length from this mascara. The packaging and brush seem like nice quality, and the mascara applied very smoothly with no clumps. However, as another reviewer mentioned below, the mascara smudged from the tips onto my browbone throughout the day, and I don't normally have this issue with other products. My biggest disappointment was with the payoff; I received very little lengthening and virtually no volume. Having said that, my favorite mascaras are They're Real, Hypnose, and Definicils, in that order. This was just too "light" for my taste. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes me lashes look so long, volumized and fluffy! When I first apply this, my lashes don't look like anything special, but the more I build this up the better it looks. Two coats makes my lashes look like they're false lashes!

The only thing that I don't like is that the handle is twisty like the wand is, making it really hard to hold.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by candymarie2

I really like this mascara. It has a good brush and it really lengthens and makes lashes fuller. The only thing I don't like about it is that it smudges sometimes under my eyes. Other than that I really love this and would purchase again. Just wish it didn't smudge so easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by 1909Memaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This created something similar to a false lash effect with a strong black pigment that looks good with colour eyeshadows. There are darker black mascaras of course (Urban Decay, YSL) but I prefer the Bare Escentuals formula. Overall I was pleased with it, although a bit too pricey for my liking. A good thing is you don't need to use an eyelash curler with this, especially if you have long lashes like me that could be overload! The brush is made to give a more noticeable look which is great except it can look a bit clumpy, so a lash comb is generally required in addition to this.