October 20, 2014 | 1014 users online

Mascara - Bare Escentuals - Lash Domination

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara makes me lashes look so long, volumized and fluffy! When I first apply this, my lashes don't look like anything special, but the more I build this up the better it looks. Two coats makes my lashes look like they're false lashes!

The only thing that I don't like is that the handle is twisty like the wand is, making it really hard to hold.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by candymarie2

I really like this mascara. It has a good brush and it really lengthens and makes lashes fuller. The only thing I don't like about it is that it smudges sometimes under my eyes. Other than that I really love this and would purchase again. Just wish it didn't smudge so easy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by 1909Memaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This created something similar to a false lash effect with a strong black pigment that looks good with colour eyeshadows. There are darker black mascaras of course (Urban Decay, YSL) but I prefer the Bare Escentuals formula. Overall I was pleased with it, although a bit too pricey for my liking. A good thing is you don't need to use an eyelash curler with this, especially if you have long lashes like me that could be overload! The brush is made to give a more noticeable look which is great except it can look a bit clumpy, so a lash comb is generally required in addition to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by JoeyRCB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For me, this does provide a ton of length and volume. I follow up by using a lash comb to avoid clumps but in all fairness, I use a lash comb with any mascara. It's an annoying extra step but I've found that all mascaras clump on me unless I comb.

What I love the most about this mascara is how truly black my lashes look. It's a real black. I could sit around admiring my own lashes all day when I wear this stuff.

I haven't experienced the smudging that other reviewers have mentioned so I lucked out there. But here's my complaint. This mascara will haunt you. I mean it'll haunt you like a ghost. It's like the poltergeist that never really goes away. Go ahead, use your best eye makeup remover. Use your MAC remover or the little Almay remover pads -- hell, use virgin olive oil like me. It doesn't matter what you use, you'll still wake up with mascara smudged around your eyes. So then you'll use more remover and just when you think it's all gone and nothing else can possibly be there... surprise!

Despite how annoying the haunting is, I still reach for it when I want huge long lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Scalata

Pigment is great. I have straight eyelashes & this mascara won't hold a curl & I can wear it for 4hours & it's feels sticky like when I first applied it. No skin reactions, just minimal curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by taral001

This is the best mascara I have ever bought. It volumes, lengthens and makes me look like I have a ton of lashes allowing me to go eyeliner free (which is a huge feat for us fair featured folks)

It's rather pricey, but worth every penny. The packaging is very cool and sleek. Would definitely buy again.

Also, lasts all day, no smudging but washes off easily when the time comes which makes it perfect in my book.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like most mascara junkies, the presentation and promotion of this mascara over at Sephora made me feel as if I needed to purchase this product because it was going to give me what I needed and didn't have (I already have full long lashed btw -_-) So naturally I grabbed it as if it were literally flying off the shelves.. I'm not saying this mascara doesn't work but I didn't see it work a miracle either. It didn't give me stick lashes which I'm grateful for. It did thicken my lashes and gave me a nice black look. I also like the fact that this product does not make my lashes crunchy (which i hate!). The issues I have with this mascara are as follows. It smudged on my lower lashes giving me a nasty raccoon-ish look and the brush is huge and plastic=stiff so a little awkward if you're used to soft hair and or smaller wands. I eliminated the smudging problem by not using it on my lower lashes but when in a hurry I don't want to grab another mascara for my lower lashes so if you already don't use a different one that can be annoying.. And I suppose if you're ok with learning to adjust with the wand you'll be ok. I've semi adjusted to that as well.. I wouldn't repurchase because I have so many that I do like a lot more than this one and smudging just isn't a good thing. But I will continue to alternate with this one until its all gone because I do like the intense black it gives my upper lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by PilarR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am lucky enough to have very long lashes, but this mascara smudges on my brow bone, so I cannot use it. I have tried to let it dry, not looking up, and that helps for a while, but I wear very light eyeshadow and I have mascara smears by lunch. On the positive side, it gives luxurious, black, clump-free lashes. The wand is massive, which may not be for everyone. Perhaps it wouldn't smudge as much in the winter, but I will never find out. I really wanted to make it work, but I tossed it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by iHopee

I got this mascara as a try-out gift. At first I was interested in in this "new mascara". But soon after going home and trying it on, I was disappointed. To what I saw on my lashes, it only gave length, no volume or thickness whatsoever. I'm glad I got this as a mini gift and not have to waste my money on this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by ZaffyB

I HATE this mascara! It's not waterproof, it doesn't hold a curl, even with so many layers on there's no volume at all! It's a waste of money to get this mascara! It smudges when you sweat, it barely stays on! I DO NOT RECOMMEND this mascara!