July 31, 2014 | 1240 users online

Lip Gloss - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Glow/Luminescent

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2005 12:32:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at Halloween on total impulse...I just thought it would be cool to have glow-in-the-dark lip gloss. Of course, it doesn't glow under normal conditions, but it might show under blacklight.

The gloss itself is that etheral pearly color with a bit of a green/violet cast to it, depending on how the light hits it. It look like an opal, and rather iridescent...and I am such a sucker for iridescence. I think it smells good...a lot like grape Kool-Aid. It goes on smoothly and is a bit sticky which aids in the wear. I can wear it for a couple of hours and then eat before I have to touch up, and even then I can feel some of the gloss left.

I have worn this by itself, but my favorite way to wear this is to layer it on top of lipstick. It looks great over the top of a dark burgundy or plum lipstick...it softens it somewhat and adds a totally cool greenish/violet shimmer. This also helps a lighter nude to really pop! I normally just pump the wand to get extra product on the tip, and then swipe it on with my finger (I hate to get the tips of the wands stained). So, it isn't just for Halloween, but for all year round. A fun little product! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2002 5:00:00 PM More reviews by nobiki

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

typical wet-n-wild lip gloss, but this one is a glow-in-the-dark version. it goes on smooth, but it has a really strong weird smell. the color is the pearly green of most glow items, but it goes on as a pearly clear. the gloss is not sticky at all.

but of course it doesn't work. no glow at all. either putting it under strong light or simply sitting out in the open for a day or so, there isn't any glow to it. i didn't have a black light available, so it might work then (hence i gave it a 2 instead of the 1 it deserves).

the packaging is bad for this gloss. it is very thick, and the tube is very thin, so it tends to clump up at the top. also, the wand sponge is kind of hard. finally, it is a real pain to take off completely, which could be a plus or minus. continued >>