Sonia Kashuk lip and cheek tint

3.1

on 5/23/2008 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe how long it's taking me to find a good lip stain. BeneTint was all right but nothing special, Revlon's LE ones were not-everyday colors and really hard to work with, and this SK tint was just awful. I could only get it to go on my bottom lip because as one reviewer below me mentioned, you have to point the rollerball down to get any product out---and half the time the rollerball didn't even roll. I actually really loved the smell, like pure rosewater, but it was a strange, too-red color on me and didn't last very long. Also, after a while, the product inside the tube would look like it had solidified somewhat, which was super-gross.

Why oh why is it so hard to find a good lip stain?

on 6/16/2005 8:01:00 PM

This is a great product! Like every other reviewer, I don't understand why they made it smell like roses, but once it dries, you can't smell it anymore.

The color of this is not too blue-red and not too orange-red... It is somewhere between them, in the neutral red zone. It's pretty natural-looking, and it makes my lips look very naturally pigmented when I wear it. It is long-lasting, and applying gloss over it does not cause it to come off.

On the cheeks, it leaves a natural flushed look, but you must blend quickly, or it will dry in splotches.

Apparently, the packaging on this has changed, because the one that I purchased had a roll-on applicator instead of a brush. The applicator seems to work fine for me, although you do have to make sure that the roller is pointed downward... Otherwise, you won't get any product out.

on 3/8/2004 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is very similar to Benefit's- the color and texture, except it's 1/4 the price. Also, this is so portable- it about 1/3 the size of Benefit's. Overall, a great lip and cheek stain!

on 11/9/2003 9:42:00 PM

I do not recommend this. I wore it a few times and I loved the lovely color, but then I realized it was drying my lips out like crazy!! It also stung my lips a little, making application unpleasant. As for the smell...top note was flowers, but underlying note was chemical-ly. What a waste, I chucked it into the trash.

on 9/5/2003 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This stays much better than other stains I've tried. Benetint, Lorac, Stila and Urban Decay all came off almost immediately. This lasts even through a little eating. Very nice. Definitely want to wear some moisturizing gloss over it, though.

on 6/11/2003 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was very pleased with this product. I love lip stains, and this provides a nice, medium red color with reasonable staying power. I always top the stain with gloss or balm, but my lips still have nice pigment once those wear off. I agree the smell and taste are not appealing, but once it dries you can't tell anymore. I use the brush to apply the stain directly to my lips and I think it goes on nicely (although it really tickles my lips a lot). I am pleased with my purchase.

on 5/21/2003 2:57:00 AM

I received a bottle of this in a swap awhile back, and used it for a little while before losing interest in it. It's nice, but nothing special IMHO. The liquidy dark tint goes on a sheer rose/red shade, and has a flowery scent. I never did use the applicator brush, as it was useless. Then again, so was BeneFit's. I didn't use it as a lip tint either, as it was too drying. But as a cheek tint, it left a pretty sheer pop of color, though I did have to blend quickly.

continued >>

on 5/21/2003 2:17:00 AM

I'm always looking for makeup that doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, stains and tints seem like such a good idea. But again I'm disappointed with a product. My beef is this smelled exactly like rose perfume. Gag. Right under my nose. I took it right back to Target. When I told the return girl that it smells like rose perfume she said "Ew, right under your nose?" So it's not just me. I have no idea how the color was or how the product performed because I couldn't get past the smell.

on 5/13/2003 5:11:00 PM

I would just like to point out that this product is NOT cheaper than Benetint. It is $ 7.99 for .12 oz which works out to be $33.29 to Benetint's $26 for .5 oz.

NOT cheaper!!! And if you buy Beneting you have a chance at higher quality.

on 2/18/2003 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I do not care for Sonia Kashuk's lip and cheek tint. The applicator brush is really bad - too long with cheap artificial bristles which are difficult to control. I cut it off to make it easier but it's still not a good quality applicator. I hate the scent of this lip tint. I think all cosmetics should be scent free but lip products should never be rose scented. I love the smell of fresh roses but I don't want to put them in my mouth. The actual lip tint is very thin and not very pigmented. I like to use lip tint as a base for my regular lipstick. This way I still have some color once my lipstick has worn off. That didn't work with this lip tint as there was no color there when my lipstick was gone. All in all I would not recommend this product.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products