October 23, 2014 | 1073 users online

Treatments (Face) - StriVectin - Overnight Facial Resurfacing Serum

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by mimepanda

​First off, I did not pay full price for this! I paid $16 for it at Winners. I'm not sure if that means the bottle I got was an old one or a defective one, but the packaging was in good condition and the bottle was still sealed so I think it was safe to use. I used this for about 2 months, starting once every 3 or 4 days then increasing to once every other day in the evenings. I would usually cleanse my face, wipe it completely dry, apply 3 or 4 drops of this with my hands all over my face, then wait about 4 minutes before putting on moisturizer. There was no stinging sensation when I used this and it felt as though it tightened my skin but this effect seemed to be temporary. I noticed very little difference in the texture and tone of my skin after using this. I was hoping it would help with some skin-coloured bumps that developed after I stopped taking antibiotics for my acne, and maybe brighten some hyperpigmentation spots. This product temporarily smoothed out ​a bit of these bumps but like I mentioned, very temporarily. I switched to using MUAC's mandelic acid weekly after this, and it worked a lot better. Would not recommend especially at full price.​