August 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Thickening Creme Contour

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in addition to the Dryspun Finish and these together are amazing! My hair is long, past my brastrap, very fine, blond and at my age I have tried quite a few different lines in different price ranges and have decided that BB is the only one that is consistently worth the price. The thing is to experiment a bit, try less of the product, mix it with their other products which is fun because it really does produce different effects. How I use this product...I swipe a bit out of the jar so that my fingertips are evenly coated, not a lot!!! just a fine coating. Then I rake the underside of my hair, close to my scalp and it gives this lift I love. It smells sooo good too. I have very sensitive skin and I have had no breakouts using this against my scalp. The other way I use it is on the very tips of my hair. It keeps them separated and smooth and NO static when I'm wearing tech gear that produces static, like a nylon down vest or jacket for skiing or mountainbiking. I also sometimes carry Invisible Hairdressers Oil for that too, their sample glass vial is perfect to stick in a pocket. It gets cold in Minnesota and it makes long hair stick out like I'm touching an electric ball. I'm just every impressed with BB's Thickening line up and this one hasn't failed me and I'm nearly done with my jar, just like my can of the Dryspun. If you have very fine blond long hair, these have worked incredibly well for me if you are careful on how much you use. And the other thing is, they also layer very well with other BB products.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Avawelles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Thickening Crème Contour is a new addition to the Bumble and Bumble thickening range. I have long, fine, wavy hair that goes naturally into a side part sort of retro style. A few months ago I got chin length bangs that I sweep to the heavy side of my part. I don't feel like using hairspray or heavy products, but just wanted to gently encourage my bangs to stay off my face and stick with the rest of my hair. Also, I wanted some frizz control and something that would hold my style without weighing down my fine hair. I did a ton of research, and finally bought the crème contour online.

It is a very small jar, but I think that is alright because you only need a small amount. The smell is quite strong, but dissipated once it was on my hair. I take out a little scoop (quarter sized or less) and rub it between my hands. I then smooth it through all of my hair. Then, I gently push my hair into the style I want it to stay in.

I am actually really impressed with this product. It holds gently and adds some density and volume to my hair, which is exactly what I expected.

This is not a thickening product in itself, since you use it on already styled hair, but I found it actually does give some thickness to my hair.

Maybe there are better (and cheaper) products for doing what I want, but this seems really good. And if you have retro pin-up hair, either by nature or by design, this seems like a good cream to use for shaping your waves and style.

EDIT: After using this for awhile I have to lower the rating and say I wouldn't repurchase. It is just not foolproof enough. If you use even a little bit too much, your hair looks greasy, stringy, dirty, and flat. It is too hard to get the amount you use down to such an exact science and, for the price (almost $30) I just don't think you should have to work so hard to make a product perform how it should.