Jesse's Girl Waterproof liquid eyeliner

4.2

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me begin this review by saying that this is often compared to and SEEMS very comparable to the famous Kat Von D Tattoo Liner pen in Trooper (their black shade), but I have not tried that (yet), so I don't know how it really would compare for me. I plan when this runs out to use a Sephora card and by the Kat Von D just for the sake of a *free* comparison.

That said, this is what I think.

This is the best liquid liner I have used thus far. I have tried traditional "quill and ink" if you will style liquid liners (by Almay namely) and find them rather hard to draw a straight line with and even more so to do any kind of flick or wing with, but the lasting power on that one I tried was excellent. I have tried one or two FELT tip pens in the past. The one by Laura Geller sticks out the most in my memory, but I felt that the pen dried out super quickly, even with me being super careful to seal the cap all the way, and the product would not always come up through to the felt tip or do so evenly even after shaking it.

Most recently, I tried a BRUSH tip (quill and ink style one) by L'oreal, but once again found the free-standing brush/applicator hard to control (I like the control of a pen style) and that formula was too wet and tended to smear everywhere and never dry, although teh brush tip did allow me to draw with more fluidity.

This Jesse's Girl Liner is genius because it combines the convenience and control of a pen style to hold along with the precision, ease, and fluidity of a brush tip as opposed to a felt tip which can, at least sometimes, be inflexible or difficult to get the product to come up through. This formula glides on but sets really nicely.

I will never be super expert at liquid liner or doing wings or cat eyes and such, but this product makes it the easiest out of anything I have tried so far, ticking all the boxes of things that I personally look for in a liner (plus pretty rich black color too).

My only complaint is, though the shiny silver packaging looks sleek, modern, and cool, I find the slick texture can sometimes BOTH A: make the product difficult to hold on to get open and B: makes the product sometimes harder to control in your hand because it slips while you draw. I hope the (from how it appears) more matte and hard packaging of the Kat Von D one will solve these issues while still giving a great product if not a BETTER one considering the $10 or more price increase between that and this Jesse's Girl liner, but I will be happy to return to this if that one turns out to not be flying colors ahead of this one to justify the difference in cost.

Jesse's Girl is also a little harder for me to get in my area, as though it is available on the Walgreen's Website, it isn't in any of my local store locations. And the brand is more readily available supposedly at Rite Aid, but I don't live near any of those, so an online purchase either to a drugstore website or theoretically to Jesse's Girl own official website is always needed in order to get this, so paying shipping for such a cheap product when this might be the only thing I need at a time might prove to be a pain, but hopefully I can always combine orders if and when needing to repurchase to hopefully save on shipping or get free shipping. :)

Ridiculously effective product especially at a price point of maximum $14 and often less.
A beautiful deep true black color, NEVER dry, applies effortlessly and truly waterproof; you may need a legit remover to get it off. Only word of warning is if you are not diligent about avoiding waterline it will spill out and stain a bit; only put it where you want it and use a pencil for waterline that is meant for the task. I find applying one full layer and letting it dry completely then a second makes the desired statement.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Never tried a product from Jesse's Girl before, but I was looking for a waterproof liquid liner and this happened the be the only one I could find in the store. Packaging is a slim and chic silver pen style applicator and it feels nice when you hold it. I happened to pick this up before heading out to the pool one day so I drew a quick heart on my hand before diving in so I could test it out. This stuff is super waterproof! It didn't rub or flake off at all and by the end of the night I needed an oil based makeup remover to take it off. I really recommend this to anyone who has issues with their liquid liner smudging onto their lids. The finish isn't as matte as I like but it's ok. Very similar to Trooper by Kat Von D, but that one smudges like hell on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this eyeliner, but every time I use it, it seems to accumulate more and more of my eyeshadow into the brush tip. When I first used this it was amazing! I'm pretty sad that after only a few weeks of almost every day use the brush tip is no longer as fine of a tip and the liner doesn't write as smooth, both of these issues are attributed to the fact that this thing collects all of the eyeshadow on your lids when applying it. If it was cheap I'd say I could buy it for traveling purposes, but when the total amount comes out to around $12 with shipping, I can't really justify buying it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a pretty decent eyeliner. The pen is nice, and it has a little brush, rather than a felt tip. It's very easy to use. It lasted well, although rubbing my inner corner did take it off. The eyeliner is very opaque.

I ended up returning this for one reason: it always transferred to the skin above my eyelid. That was a deal breaker for me, so back it went. If it hadn't been for that, it would have been pretty perfect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've worn winged eyeliner almost every day for 3 years and have been on the hunt for a satisfactory liquid liner that stays on well (my eyeliner always comes off easily for some reason).
This does stay on great (the best out of any liquid eyeliner I've tried) and has a nice fine tip and it's easy to apply (easy to do winged eyeliner) EXCEPT it's temperamental and the eyeliner doesn't want to come out sometimes. The first one I had, the eyeliner wouldn't come out at all after the first couple days I used it and I emailed them and they kindly sent me another one but the new one took some tries to make it work too. I still use this eyeliner but I usually end up having to rub the tip on some kleenex and shake it for it to work, which gets annoying sometimes.
I'll keep using this at least until I find something better (if I do find something better around the same price as this - I've tried a lot of liquid eyeliners). I do prefer it to my physician's formula 2 in 1 liquid eyeliner that I used for a long time. This one ends out being around the same price even with having to order it online and this one stays on better.
Also this one is quite matte which I prefer.

Update: still using this every day, it's just easier to apply (saves me frustration) and looks better than other liners. I've had more luck with them working well lately too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is very similar to Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper. It's sooo much cheaper though (~$5 USD or so!) and is waterproof to an extent (not so much when rubbing and stuff). I wore this out in the rain without an umbrella once and when I got inside, I saw that it did not budge. This pen is now my go-to eyeliner for winged looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I don't get it... Maybe I got a defective product but this thing sucks!!! I got it because I have been on the hunt for a new eyeliner and I saw KathleenLights on YT compare this to the Kat Von D one but nope. This was too watery. It took forever to dry and when it finally did dry the color looked dull. Overall, I would avoid this product. It seems this is an unpopular opinion though, so I don't know. I'll stick to Stilla.

This is an awesome eyeliner. Perfect for creating a winged liner look! I love how black the color is, and how the tip is so precise. It's super inexpensive for a drugstore liquid eyeliner (pen form) and I would honestly say it's a great dupe for the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Would I repurchase? Uh yeah!! In fact it takes all I have to not want to have five back ups waiting for me. This wonderful pen not only looks nice package wise but it does the job for what 6 dollars? I have severely watery eyes and oily lids so I have a double whammy. This pen is waterproof for sure but for it not to smudge on the lid you have to prime or powder your lid to keep oil at bay. Otherwise, ladies...this is the one. 😍

Top Rated Jesse's Girl Products