Jesse's Girl Waterproof liquid eyeliner

4.2

on 6/21/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a pretty decent eyeliner. The pen is nice, and it has a little brush, rather than a felt tip. It's very easy to use. It lasted well, although rubbing my inner corner did take it off. The eyeliner is very opaque.

I ended up returning this for one reason: it always transferred to the skin above my eyelid. That was a deal breaker for me, so back it went. If it hadn't been for that, it would have been pretty perfect.

on 2/27/2015 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I've worn winged eyeliner almost every day for 3 years and have been on the hunt for a satisfactory liquid liner that actually stays on well (I don't want to have to worry about my eyeliner coming off, something that always happens to me for some reason).
This does stay on the best out of any liquid eyeliner I've tried and has a nice fine tip and everything. It would be perfect except it's temperamental and the eyeliner doesn't want to come out a lot of the time. The first one I had, the eyeliner wouldn't come out at all after the first couple days I used it and I emailed them and they kindly sent me another one but the new one has been temperamental with me too. I still use this eyeliner but I usually end up having to rub the tip on some kleenex and shake it a lot and crap for it to work, which gets annoying sometimes.
I'll keep using this at least until I find something better (if I do find something better around the same price as this - I've tried a lot of liquid eyeliners). I do prefer it to my physician's formula 2 in 1 liquid eyeliner that I used for a long time. This has like the same exact packaging and tip as that one but I also have problems with the physician's formula one's performance. This one ends out being around the same price even with having to order it online and this one stays on better.
Also this one is pretty matte (not the most matte eyeliner but pretty matte). I believe it's more matte than the physician's formula one, and I prefer matte.

on 2/14/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is very similar to Kat Von D tattoo liner in Trooper. It's sooo much cheaper though (~$5 USD or so!) and is waterproof to an extent (not so much when rubbing and stuff). I wore this out in the rain without an umbrella once and when I got inside, I saw that it did not budge. This pen is now my go-to eyeliner for winged looks.

on 1/27/2015 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I don't get it... Maybe I got a defective product but this thing sucks!!! I got it because I have been on the hunt for a new eyeliner and I saw KathleenLights on YT compare this to the Kat Von D one but nope. This was too watery. It took forever to dry and when it finally did dry the color looked dull. Overall, I would avoid this product. It seems this is an unpopular opinion though, so I don't know. I'll stick to Stilla.

on 1/21/2015 3:43:00 AM

This is an awesome eyeliner. Perfect for creating a winged liner look! I love how black the color is, and how the tip is so precise. It's super inexpensive for a drugstore liquid eyeliner (pen form) and I would honestly say it's a great dupe for the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

on 1/10/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Would I repurchase? Uh yeah!! In fact it takes all I have to not want to have five back ups waiting for me. This wonderful pen not only looks nice package wise but it does the job for what 6 dollars? I have severely watery eyes and oily lids so I have a double whammy. This pen is waterproof for sure but for it not to smudge on the lid you have to prime or powder your lid to keep oil at bay. Otherwise, ladies...this is the one. 😍

on 12/18/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Found my HG liquid liner. First just to let you know I have hooded lids so eyeliners tend to transfer. Only product I have found that will not transfer is MAC fluid liner. This is the best liquid liner I have ever tried, and I have tried ALOT! Very pigmented, great lasting power, and most important does not transfer! The brush tip is the best. New HG eyeliner!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeliner! It's the very first liquid eyeliner pen I have ever used & it was actually quite easy to get the hang of. The reason why I give it a 3 is because the brush tip gets frayed after repeated use. I thought it was a fluke with the first one I owned, but it happened again when I repurchased another one. I have to use my fingers to squish the tip back to a point. Other than that, I love the formula. It lasts all day!

on 11/24/2014 1:56:00 PM

First off, i have already bought 2 more backups! I had previously been using the PF eyebooster liquid liner. I liked that one cuz of the brush...but the pigmentation wasn't that great. I would need to apply layers of it in order to get the opacity I wanted. The jesse's girl one has the SAME brush tip but the color is very intense!!! This is my HG liner!!! the ink is VERY black and also very waterproof!! I need to use an oil based remover in order to get all of this off at the end of the day!! I personally can NOT use felt tipped liners...and i prefer liquid over gel liners. The brush on this is very fine and provides the perfect amount of flexibility!!! you can create a very thin liner or a more bold line! I also LOVE the fact that it doesn't take FOREVER to dry! It dries very quickly once applied and doesn't budge at all! I will continue to purchase this over and over and over again!!! Also, i noticed it now comes in dark brown as well as cobalt blue!!! I will be making another order to purchase those 2 colors!!!

and big RAVE for being cruelty free!!! <3

***UPDATE 02/05/15*** The dark brown doesn't apply nearly as well. It's not very pigmented and i have to go over the same area over and over again. The blue is "OK". Both aren't as pigmented as I had anticipated (the black set the bar pretty high).

Overall, the ONLY color worth getting is the BLACK.

on 10/17/2014 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my HG liquid liner.

I have slightly hooded eyelids, and never have transferring or smudging, despite wearing for over 12 hours a day at work in the humid summer or winter.

The tip is fantastic. Great precision, and it stays in shape as long as you own the liner. It gives you good control over the product and dispenses just the right amount for an opaque line that dries down quickly.

My usual problem with liner pens is that they tend to dry out on me extremely quickly, as I always apply liner after eyeshadow (and on top of the shadow at the lashline), and I'm assuming this is what dries out the pen faster. I don't have that problem with this liner. It applied just as nicely on the day it ran out 2 months after daily use as the day I bought it. I like to store it upside down (tip downwards) just to help ensure the tip doesn't dry out. I will say the VERY FIRST use of a new pen will sometimes run a teeny bit if you have fine lines around your eyes, but I find if I blot the tip slightly, it fixes this issue.

Overall, I love this liner and will continue to repurchase as long as it exists. For the price, it's definitely worth trying out, especially if you're new to liquid liner and want an easy application experience.

Also, fun fact, after having the opportunity to try out Lorac's Front of the Line PRO Liquid Liner, I can confidently say that this is an exact dupe, from the style of packaging, quality of the tip, formula, opacity, and wear time, and it's less than 1/3 of the price.

Top Rated Jesse's Girl Products