August 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - LIP05 Parisian Chic Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I bought this I was hesitant. I wasn't sure if it was worth my money or if I should go with another palette or another brand of eye shadow. Well i'm glad I didn't because this is my go to eye shadow palette. I love all the neutral colors. My skin is super super pale ( I cant get half the skin products I would like because the lightest shade is still too dark for me). So the darker colors are perfect for when I want more of a natural look or a more Smokey, harsher look. I most colors, only one or two that doesn't look great on me but otherwise I love this palette. I'm currently trying to find this color from this palette In a single eye shadow because I used it so often i'm starting to see the pan at the bottom. I always get complements about my makeup and the eye shadow tops of the look. I use a really inexpensive eyelid primer and the nyx Jumbo eye pencil in Milk to enhance the eye shadow. Sometimes the eye shadow does crease which isn't pretty to look at but it lasts most of the day. Overall I love this palette and always have it around.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start out by saying that I didn't buy this palette. I was all set to buy it because I loved the neutral colour grouping, I have loved most of the NYX products I've purchased (great makeup at an economical price) and I love all things "Paris". But I thought I would check out the reviews here first and, after reading them, I decided to take a pass on this. Once again, I am so grateful to MakeupAlley for saving me from wasting my money. I don't care if a product is under $10 or over $50 - I don't like wasting money on products that don't deliver.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nyx is one of my all time favorite drugstore brands but this palette isn't their best work. Pretty disappointed but I still love the brand.

First of all, the shadows are poor quality. the matte colors are chalky and the shimmery ones can even be a pit powdery and not very vibrant. the colors are beautiful but barely show up on the skin. I think there were only one or two shadows that didn't give me a problem. Most of them I had to rub and rub to get a swatch and my then nothing got on my brush to go to my lid. The packaging is super cute and I love that you get some mattes and some shimmers but the quality sucks, I actually ended up taking it back and I've never taken back anything by Nyx before! They need some improvement on their shadows but I love the concept and the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by AccioPretty

I really regret buying this palette. NYX products have never failed me, especially the eye shadows, but this one was a total disappointment. I decided to give it a try since I really like their Caviar&Bubbles palette and their single eyeshadows, they have really good pigmentation and blend nice. The color selection in this palette totally sold me, since I really like natural/bronze colors and it has a good balance of matte, satin and shimmery shadows, but the quality of them it's terrible. Only the shimmery ones and the darkest matte one shows on my skin, but barely, the rest of them have the worst pigmentation. I would not buy this palettes again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette. It has a nice range of browns and an equal amount of satin/shimmer and mattes. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. A def repurchase for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this palette primarily to fill the Naked 2-shaped hole in my heart and to do nude looks with. For some reason it's dang hard to find true mattes in cheaper palettes. This one has four true mattes, three very shimmery, and two that are kind of in between, one metallic and one more matte but with a little sparkle. It's a pretty good variety. Two shades of each are also good highlights.

Like most cheap shadows, pigmentation is kind of a problem. Except for the highlights, you need to really focus to get a solid pigmentation, but you will get there. Primer is definitely a must for these. On the plus side, they are easy to blend, or to dab the powder on if you're like me and bad at blending. This makes them good for nude looks. Without a primer they're not very durable, but with they're comparable to other shades of the name price.

The packaging is kind of cute but nothing special. Overall I do like the product quite a bit, especially at the price point.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this product.

The colors are ideal neutral tones for day and night... the quality however is NOT IDEAL.
The texture is dry and flakey, the pigmentation is poor. It took me almost 5 min just to build up adequate colour as a BASE on ONE LID!
Even then, the color looked very dull. The lasting power was so-so, but i honestly couldn't tell the difference because the pigmentation was so bad...
There was a lot of fallout with the darker colors and the shadow's formula irritated my eyes.

There are 9 shades in this palette:
- 4 of them are dull matte shades with hardly any pigmentation
- the other 5 are shades with sheen on it that turn out to look like chunks of glitter on your eye rather than a smooth satin.

Overall, poor quality. Would not recommend this to anyone. Whatt a shame since I've heard so many good things about NYX and the colors in this palette were so promising.

Don't waste your money on this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a fantastic palette for the money. The shades are matte or very slightly shimmery, which is better than high shimmer for my slightly crepey lids. It's a great, inexpensive basic that can be soft & neutral or very dramatic. Great for contouring the eye area and making dramatic evening eyes, with one shimmery color like Vanilla Pigment or Blonde's Gold pigment added.

EDIT: I've been reaching for this every day. It complements my Naked palette, which doesn't have a warm deep brown. This one has several. I use the pale tan for blending edges, and the brown sugar shade and the darkest brown for outer corner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- packaging
- contains both matte/shimmer
- dark matte shades are pigmented

Cons

- shimmer shades lack pigmentation
- some are chalky

Comments: Love the colors, but the formula could be better. Pigmentation is good for some, really bad for others.

Will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Fabulous palette of matte and shimmer browns, bronzes, black and taupes - wonderfully neutral i.e. not overy cool or warm. Texture is good (not amazing) but perfectly workable and the shades are pigmented enough to warrant buying. A sweet little package and a perfectly arranged palette of shades for day to night. I highly recommend. I love the dark brown in this palette it is the most wonderful black brown and I get no fallout from this palette either and despite some shades being not so pigment the wear time is excellent over primer.