July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Body Oil

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Don't buy this if you have any sense. I however am a luxury/skincare-obsessed sheep, with no sense, so I bought this. Honestly, there is so much hype surrounding this product right now that a skincare fanatic like me just had to try it LOL. Also, this was the last bottle in Liberty store in London and it had sold out on the website and on Net-A-Porter, adding to the intrigue. I mean, the gorgeous Adriana Lima says she uses the face oil and Chanel Iman says she uses this body oil on both her body AND face so that's pretty good advertising right there. Anyway, out of the 2 I decided it made more economic sense to buy the body oil considering they are made up of the same ingredients. I mean the face oil goes for about £100 for a tiiiny 30ml; the body oil is £70 for 100ml! All in all, I love the marketing i.e. massive emphasis on how natural this is, no chemicals etc because I really do try to be as natural, organic and health conscious as possible. I also like the smell and the silky texture and the fact my skin seems to drink this up. It also soothes any itching caused from skin drying out from a hot shower or bath (which, now that it's winter, happens more frequently). However, I'm a love of natural oils and I have to say I wish I had just made my own concoction than buy this. I also prefer my Josie Maran Argan Oil and Trilogy Rosehip Oil, which were much less expensive. I mean if you are going to charge this sort of price you have to deliver amazing results and the bottom line is that this product doesn't seem to make my skin feel that soft or moisturised compared to many other body creams or oils I've tried - including the much cheaper Vaseline Cocoa Butter and simple organic coconut oil. I will continue to use it and enjoy it due to the lovely sheen it gives my limbs and the luxurious pampering feeling it bestows, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm with LeslieCZ: I love this body oil. My hands and nails - which look like less than stellar look SO much better. I love the feel, I love the scent. I'm with Leslie CZ!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My good friend msd67 has been raving about Rodin products but I've been reluctant to try them due to the predominant jasmine scent she mentioned (particularly in the face oil). I finally decided to buy the body oil thanks to her recommendation and I am glad I did. This product gives your body the same benefits as the face oil. It contains the same fragrant 11 essential oils as the face oil but the body oil is blended using different proportions than the face oil to create a silky, luxurious body product. Per Linda Rodin's suggestion, I mix the body oil with her Crema (a cream for the body) and the results are amazing. It makes my flabby, saggy upper arms look SO much better (firmer, less wrinkly and dry) and it lasts all day long. I am not crazy about the jasmine scent (as predicted), but mixed with Crema which has virtually no scent, it makes it much lighter and it does dissipate over a couple of hours. I don't think I'd like this scent on my face, but for the body it is a fantastic discovery. Thanks msd67!!!