July 28, 2014 | 960 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Neuroliquid™ Volufill™ Youth Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by musette_sf

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I see where the negative reviewers have a point about the consistency of this product - it would be better in a metered pump dispenser rather than a dropper. But I do like this product even better than the other PTR serums I have tried and liked. The lack of silicone is a positive, since other products that I use later or at other times in my routine *do* have silicone, and it's nice to not have to blend 'cones. I do think the key to faking a youthful complexion is by lightly layering several products, and for me, this serum as the base, followed by Perricone Photo Plasma, a gentle touch of Clarins Lisette Minute, PTR CC Cream, creme blush of choice, and Koh-Gen-Do Gentle Lighting Powder, is like a magic soft-focus lens that I can wear everywhere. I am on my second bottle of this serum, and am about to reorder again. I've tried PTR UnWrinkle, and the PTR one that comes in the gold pump. I bought the gold pump one twice, but felt when getting ready to buy #3 that it wasn't all that for me for what it cost. After an hour in Sephora stalking from brand to brand, I got on MUA on my iPhone and saw the first (positive) review for his product, so I took a chance on it, and I'm glad I did. 1 lippie off for packaging - would be better in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by TinklesReign

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this stuff. My skin tone has evened out, my pores look smaller it helped with this creppiness that was happening under my eyes from my Retin-A. I have noticed my skin is fuller, and more tight. I had the beginnings of sagging skin along my jaw, and under my chin, and that has really firmed up. All this with the first bottle. Buying another day after tomorrow. I only use it once a day as opposed to the twice a day they recommend. using it once a day the bottle lasted three months, so it equated to $40 per month, not too shabby. I just hate having to fork out over a hundred dollars at a pop. This stuff has performed miracles for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Total let down of a product. This is what I get for watching QVC late at night. But, Mr. Roth himself, made it sound soooo promising that it had to work, right? This blend of amino acids and miracle peptides is in a silicone free base. Has the consistency of water. No moisturizing benefits either. I used this twice daily for four months and no difference in my skin whatsoever.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I also have tried this serum. I cannot say I've seen any difference at all except an empty wallet! In the past I used his Un-Wrinkle serum and that was fabulous! Also, I have found that you need several drops to work around your whole face. It's like water, so it dribbles between your fingers and you lose a lot. I will say that I have tried Paula's Choice toners (blue bottle) and it does more!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Most PTR facial treatments that get good reviews have parabens, which I avoid. This product doesn't. The ingredients sound great: lots of peptides, hyaluronic acid, algae, soluble collagen, etc and no silicones to dry out the skin. So, in theory, this should be a great mid-priced serum. It isn't, at least not for me. I will use up the bottle, but will not repurchase as I see no visible change in the appearance of my skin after application. I'm covering all the other bases with a Px Vit A cream, a broad spectrum high PPD SS, a high quality Vit C and E serum and an AHA product 3X's a week. I was and still am looking for a product to apply immediately after showering to plump up the skin before applying makeup. This product is not it and is in fact less effective than any other peptide serum I have tried.