August 29, 2014 | 930 users online

BB Cream - Pacifica - Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Marisola03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this bb creme because ive used other products from them so I really wanted to like it..... but this bb creme is horrible.....it has no coverage at all I tried building coverage, didn't work, made me an oily mess and made my pores look huge..and for the amount your paying for it not worth it....I dont recommend this bb creme your better off no wearing anything at all.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:27:00 PM More reviews by sootu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I made an account on here just to review this product because I was so shocked to see that it had such a terrible rating! I received a sample of this in a beauty box and I'm *in love* with it. I've used a couple BB creams in the past but never really liked them or felt like they did anything.

This BB Cream provides a perfect amount of coverage (just enough to cover up my natural redness) but also makes my skin feel great. I was at first put off by the shine, but it really fades as the day goes on, and it keeps my face looking like there's no makeup on it.

The smell and texture are really pleasant and I don't need that much to really cover my entire face. I've had no bad reactions, maybe my only compliant is that it gets on my phone when I talk, but all makeup really is like this.

I'm definitely purchasing a full size when this runs out, I might even get their CC cream, too!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by 2002beauty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very shiny, oily lotion that doesn't do much. It doesn't do much as far of coverage or even priming. I am not sure what it does except add shimmer/shine to the face and not in a pretty way!! Their website seems to have fake reviews as the don't publish any negative reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Loke81

This product delivers EXACTLY what's labeled on the package. It goes on smoothly & does indeed give you a weightless tint. Key word being, TINT. If you are looking for FULL coverage, this product is not for you. I use to do the whole 9 yards when it came to make up. Now, my daily routine consists of eye cream, moisturizer, mascara, & sometimes eye shadow. With ALIGHT, I will definitely be using this bb cream for "fancy" outings. It gives my skin that extra umph, without having the appearance of obvious caked on makeup. If you are looking for a miracle worker product, this is not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by PrinceMoon

Okay I want to take a moment to remind us all to read packaging, haha. A product that says it will be 'dewy' will of course not have 'mattifying' effect. First use impressions it will not cover up any current blemishes, and the coverage is very mild, as the package states the coverage is buildable, meaning you must BUILD IT. Also the ingredients include titanium dioxide which you should all know is a sunscreen. So it does include it for all those who have said it doesn't, it is low on the ingredient list so im sure the spf is maybe 7-15 which isnt a whole lot but still a good amount, also too much sunscreen in a product can wash you out. Ive noticed it has a ton of skin loving natural ingredients such as, jojoba, sweet iris, damascus rose, coconut water, kelp extract, oat, ginseng, safflower, white tea, pomegranate, and aloe. The makeup provides a nice summery glow, and Im thinking with continued use it will help even out skin tone. The downside I will mention is the mica, although my face is somewhat feminine I still don't want glitter on my face for a day to day look, it can provide a faux glowy look but in certain light or up close there are obvious particles of the shimmer, its not really trashy glitter or silver or all gold, its the multicolored stuff that actually looks pretty cute. Anyway while it isnt quite the dewy perfection formula Im looking for Ive certainly used worse products. Im going to play with a little more and if I get compliments I will probably continue use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I swapped for a sample of this and did not buy it. Saves me the trouble of returning this horrible product.

This is not a BB cream. Even calling it a tinted moisturizer is a stretch. I noticed the moment I applied it, that it has a thin, lotion-y texture, whereas just about every other BB I have used (and there have been many) has had a thicker, sometimes whipped texture. I was also very disappointed to learn that there is no sunscreen in this product. EVERY Asian BB cream (they invented BB cream, FYI) has SPF. To not have SPF in a BB cream defeats the whole purpose.

Alight provides NO coverage, NO mattifying, NO pore concealing, NO texure improving. Like they took a plain lotion and added color to it, just to make the product not look so white on your fingers when you squeeze it out. There is ZERO coverage. I looked in the mirror at work a few hours after I applied it and I was horrified at how blotchy and shiny I looked. Thank goodness I keep a pressed powder in my desk!

Overall I have been very disappointed in most of the Pacifica cosmetics I have tried (eye shadow, liner, lip balm). They are AMAZING at fragrances and should just stick to what they're good at.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by DryerFresh810

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got a small tube of this in a holiday set that was on clearance for $6 Target.
I am around Queen Latifah's complexion, so I was worried this product would be too light for my skin, but to my pleasant surprise, it was a perfect match. It gave my skin a nice healthy glow, and evened out some of the mildly uneven areas. I didn't find it overly heavy or greasy, but then, I applied this right after cleansing on a frigid winter morning with low indoor humidity. It may very well be too heavy in warmer weather.
My only problem with this product is that it is very sheer, and does nothing for dark circles or acne scars. I would only wear this on the weekend or when I was going to work out, as this doesn't provide enough coverage for daily use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Um...lol...not sure where to even begin to explain this "BB Cream." Yeah...well, first of all, it's NOT a BB Cream, it's a lotion. Seriously, a straight-up lotion. Color-enhancing technology? Uh...ok. There is NO color. It started off looking medium tone when I put it on, then just turned into a lotion and vanished. I'm NW20 and expected with the claims to at least give a tinted moisturizer look or correct a little even, but...no.

No color correcting at all, no coverage (even-though I didn't expect much), felt heavy for a BB, and just outright face lotion lol. This by no means a BB Cream or EVEN a tinted moisturizer. It's a face moisturizer at the MOST and albeit a heavier one.

I have dry skin and even I had to set this immediately. Stay AWAY if you are oily by all means. Total fail here and glad, so glad I got this in a kit instead of buying it separate. Not cheap either. $15.99 for one ounce and does NOTHING.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of my ipsy bag and boy is it awful. This is oily and makes me more oily. It doesn't cover anything even when it's layered. It doesn't color adjust and it's very dark, and orange. Also it has mega shimmer in it. I tried to color adjust by using mineral powder over it but my face was still way darker than my neck, not a good look. I didn't notice any major breakouts.. But I only wore it once and that was more than enough to know it is terrible and I'm giving it away to my cousin. I would only attempt this bb cream if you have clear, even, dry and tanned skin, and you don't mind fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Whose genius idea was it to put sparkles in a bb cream? Seriously, this product has some obvious flaws. The cream itself has a nice texture but the sparkles totally kill any idea of inconspicuousness. That coupled with the fact that this bb cream only comes in one shade (there is no such thing as one color fits all) makes it a terrible choice for a bb cream. Sorry, Pacifica.