April 17, 2014 | 1836 users online

BB Cream - Pacifica - Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Chickadee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I swapped for a sample of this and did not buy it. Saves me the trouble of returning this horrible product.

This is not a BB cream. Even calling it a tinted moisturizer is a stretch. I noticed the moment I applied it, that it has a thin, lotion-y texture, whereas just about every other BB I have used (and there have been many) has had a thicker, sometimes whipped texture. I was also very disappointed to learn that there is no sunscreen in this product. EVERY Asian BB cream (they invented BB cream, FYI) has SPF. To not have SPF in a BB cream defeats the whole purpose.

Alight provides NO coverage, NO mattifying, NO pore concealing, NO texure improving. Like they took a plain lotion and added color to it, just to make the product not look so white on your fingers when you squeeze it out. There is ZERO coverage. I looked in the mirror at work a few hours after I applied it and I was horrified at how blotchy and shiny I looked. Thank goodness I keep a pressed powder in my desk!

Overall I have been very disappointed in most of the Pacifica cosmetics I have tried (eye shadow, liner, lip balm). They are AMAZING at fragrances and should just stick to what they're good at.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by DryerFresh810

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got a small tube of this in a holiday set that was on clearance for $6 Target.
I am around Queen Latifah's complexion, so I was worried this product would be too light for my skin, but to my pleasant surprise, it was a perfect match. It gave my skin a nice healthy glow, and evened out some of the mildly uneven areas. I didn't find it overly heavy or greasy, but then, I applied this right after cleansing on a frigid winter morning with low indoor humidity. It may very well be too heavy in warmer weather.
My only problem with this product is that it is very sheer, and does nothing for dark circles or acne scars. I would only wear this on the weekend or when I was going to work out, as this doesn't provide enough coverage for daily use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Um...lol...not sure where to even begin to explain this "BB Cream." Yeah...well, first of all, it's NOT a BB Cream, it's a lotion. Seriously, a straight-up lotion. Color-enhancing technology? Uh...ok. There is NO color. It started off looking medium tone when I put it on, then just turned into a lotion and vanished. I'm NW20 and expected with the claims to at least give a tinted moisturizer look or correct a little even, but...no.

No color correcting at all, no coverage (even-though I didn't expect much), felt heavy for a BB, and just outright face lotion lol. This by no means a BB Cream or EVEN a tinted moisturizer. It's a face moisturizer at the MOST and albeit a heavier one.

I have dry skin and even I had to set this immediately. Stay AWAY if you are oily by all means. Total fail here and glad, so glad I got this in a kit instead of buying it separate. Not cheap either. $15.99 for one ounce and does NOTHING.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:04:00 AM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this as part of my ipsy bag and boy is it awful. This is oily and makes me more oily. It doesn't cover anything even when it's layered. It doesn't color adjust and it's very dark, and orange. Also it has mega shimmer in it. I tried to color adjust by using mineral powder over it but my face was still way darker than my neck, not a good look. I didn't notice any major breakouts.. But I only wore it once and that was more than enough to know it is terrible and I'm giving it away to my cousin. I would only attempt this bb cream if you have clear, even, dry and tanned skin, and you don't mind fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by alina08

Whose genius idea was it to put sparkles in a bb cream? Seriously, this product has some obvious flaws. The cream itself has a nice texture but the sparkles totally kill any idea of inconspicuousness. That coupled with the fact that this bb cream only comes in one shade (there is no such thing as one color fits all) makes it a terrible choice for a bb cream. Sorry, Pacifica.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Sammy68

There is 1 oz. of product in the tube and Target sells this at $15.99, which is a tad bit on the high side in my opinion. I've only used this twice so far and the way that I use this product is to mix a pea size dollop with my regular foundation. It does have a slight orangey cast to it when you squeeze it out of the tube, however, mixing it with my foundation does not create an orange look to my face once I blend it. It is shimmery, but that's exactly what I was looking for to blend with my foundation and I don't have sparkles left over on my face. I find that it adds luminosity to my skin, especially during the dull, dreary, grey months of winter. It is a tad bit on the oily side, but once again during the dry months of winter this is not a bad thing for me. I would not use this product during the summer months due to the comments stated above. I cannot comment yet on whether or not this product creates acne, as some other reviewers stated. I tend to be acne-prone, so if that's a problem I'll add to my comments later. I always used Sonia Kashuk's shimmer lotion in the little pump bottle, but they no longer make that product. Ideally I was wanting to buy Pixi's primer, but Target did not have it in stock, so I thought I would give this a try. I may buy this again, I'm not ruling it out. I do love the fact that it is not tested on animals and that it is primarily made up of natural ingredients.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by craziedaizie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to see Pacifica products at Target recently, as I love Pacifica's perfume line, and I decided to give this BB cream a try. It was an awful experience. I didn't mind the smell, the consistency was nice, I liked how it looked on my face, the packaging was pretty...About 2 hours after I first used it my face was incredibly greasy-looking, and that night I had the beginning of a nasty breakout on my chin and cheeks (where my skin is usually clear) that ended up lasting a week or so.

I thought I might be breaking out because I was getting my period, so the next week, once my face had cleared up for the most part, I (stupidly) tried the BB cream again. Now, a few days after trying the BB cream again, my face looks awful and I have pustular acne (which I don't usually get) on my cheeks/chin. I will never use that stuff again and I don't recommend it to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. I don't really know how it compared to a true BB Cream (from Asia).

The colour blends into my skin, feels nice and gives a slightly better look that my skin on its own.

I can see this one being good for those who have nice skin and just want something to give them a natural "glow". I will probably not repurchase this, because I want something with more coverage... but this is good for now.

Pacifica is hard to find where I live. If you live in Vancouver and you are looking for this product (or other stuff from Pacifica) just let me know.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This is a mineral-based one-color-fits-all BB cream that I received in one of my monthly sample collections. The minerals are supposed to adjust to your skin tone...I don't think my tube got the memo on that. The cream applied on the tan/orange side and stayed there. It did smooth the texture out, but did nothing to match my color...and I'm not even the fairest of the fair! I'm only light in tone.

It does apply smoothly and smells nice. It's all natural. It also didn't make me break out. So there's a few positives. I think if you have a medium skin tone or darker, this product may just work for you.

But overall, this one didn't work for me--I'll stick with BB creams that come in more than one shade since I don't often have luck with the one-color-fits-all variety.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jennifroment

I read the other reviews and they really surprised me. I am obsessed with this product. Now, I have medium skin tone and fairly dry skin so maybe that's why the "greasy" and "orange" feedback didn't apply to me. I also LOVE the shimmer. I'm an almost-30 something corporate America professional with 4 kids, so I can't walk around like a stripper with glitter on her face and it's nothing like that. In fact, it just seems to reflect light well when you're in the sun. No one has ever noticed/remarked on the fact that I have shimmer on, they just say my skin glows. I love it! I'm excited to find out that they sell it at Target because buying it online has been a pain, but I was totally willing because I love it so much. Hope someone doesn't shoot down the idea of buying this based on these reviews because with the right skin type - it works great! In fact, I can't stand wearing powder anymore because I look so flat compared to the pacifica greatness. It's a very light-weight feeling. It washes off well. I don't break out with it. It evens my skin out nicely. 10 stars.