Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream

Water, gylcerin, caprylic/ capric triglyceride, cetearyl olivate, sorbitan olivate, dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) esters, iris pallida (sweet iris) leaf cell extract, rosa damascena (damascus rose) leaf cell extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) water, laminaria hyperborea (kelp extract blend), hyaluronic acid, oat beta glucan, potassium cetyl phosphate, hydroxyethylcellulose, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxide black, mica, potassium sorbate, sodium dehydroacetate, sodium benzoate, citric acid, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, white tea extract, aloe barbgadensis leaf juice, fragrance (all natural).

on 7/28/2015 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a "skin tint" and not a heavy coverage BB cream - in my opinion, that's more a marketing fail and not a product fail. This is not mattifying - but it's not advertised to be. I think it's fantastic.

I use it for: no-makeup makeup days, when traveling, running errands, when I want my skin to have more of a glow, etc. It makes my skin look better.

The first day I wore this, it was 90 degrees out and humid (Washington, DC summer) and I ended up having to walk back quite a ways from a lunch meeting. I was sure it was not going to end well, but it was totally fine. It didn't melt off my face or smudge off onto clothing or leave my skin feeling gross, and after one or two blotting sheets when I got into some AC, my face was good to go for the rest of the day. That sold me! I wore it while moving, when I wanted to feel pulled together but not wearing a full face of makeup, since it was SO hot out.

No sparkle or glitter (I am not a glitter on the face kind of person), and the scent fades after around 30 seconds. Not noticeable at all.

This has not caused any breakouts or irritation for me, but for those who have sensitivities to coconut oil when used on the face, head's up - that is one of the ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here because it has actual visible shimmer (even after being buffed into the skin). It is not a bad match for my skin, probably because the coverage is so low that it barely corrects anything. It is fairly lightweight but I have not worn it out, only around the house to test, and I'm not sure I will.

If anything, I would recommend this maybe as a highlighter but if you are looking for coverage I would pass on this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff oxidized and made my face orange :( it also smells horrible.... The packaging is pretty though

on 9/20/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have a travel size version of this BB cream. While I would not call it a traditional BB cream in compariaon to it's asian counterparts, it's ok for someone looking for light coverage.

This cannot be built up to medium coverage, but does allow for a sheer wash of color. It also has some minimal sparkles that allow for a "glowy" effect. Great for tossing on if you're going to the grocery store and you don't wanna be bare faced.

Personally, I would not wear it to work/a party, but when I'm being lazy & not going far it's great. Smells nice, thin texture, does appear to blend out for different shades. if you are of a darker complexion, it may not be a good choice. If you do attempt to build it up for more coverage, it may pill up and become blotchy.

on 8/27/2014 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this bb creme because ive used other products from them so I really wanted to like it..... but this bb creme is has no coverage at all I tried building coverage, didn't work, made me an oily mess and made my pores look huge..and for the amount your paying for it not worth it....I dont recommend this bb creme your better off no wearing anything at all.....

on 8/22/2014 7:27:00 PM

I made an account on here just to review this product because I was so shocked to see that it had such a terrible rating! I received a sample of this in a beauty box and I'm *in love* with it. I've used a couple BB creams in the past but never really liked them or felt like they did anything.

This BB Cream provides a perfect amount of coverage (just enough to cover up my natural redness) but also makes my skin feel great. I was at first put off by the shine, but it really fades as the day goes on, and it keeps my face looking like there's no makeup on it.

The smell and texture are really pleasant and I don't need that much to really cover my entire face. I've had no bad reactions, maybe my only compliant is that it gets on my phone when I talk, but all makeup really is like this.

I'm definitely purchasing a full size when this runs out, I might even get their CC cream, too!

on 7/28/2014 1:52:00 PM

This is very shiny, oily lotion that doesn't do much. It doesn't do much as far of coverage or even priming. I am not sure what it does except add shimmer/shine to the face and not in a pretty way!! Their website seems to have fake reviews as the don't publish any negative reviews.

on 6/1/2014 8:14:00 PM

This product delivers EXACTLY what's labeled on the package. It goes on smoothly & does indeed give you a weightless tint. Key word being, TINT. If you are looking for FULL coverage, this product is not for you. I use to do the whole 9 yards when it came to make up. Now, my daily routine consists of eye cream, moisturizer, mascara, & sometimes eye shadow. With ALIGHT, I will definitely be using this bb cream for "fancy" outings. It gives my skin that extra umph, without having the appearance of obvious caked on makeup. If you are looking for a miracle worker product, this is not for you.

on 5/11/2014 9:32:00 PM

Okay I want to take a moment to remind us all to read packaging, haha. A product that says it will be 'dewy' will of course not have 'mattifying' effect. First use impressions it will not cover up any current blemishes, and the coverage is very mild, as the package states the coverage is buildable, meaning you must BUILD IT. Also the ingredients include titanium dioxide which you should all know is a sunscreen. So it does include it for all those who have said it doesn't, it is low on the ingredient list so im sure the spf is maybe 7-15 which isnt a whole lot but still a good amount, also too much sunscreen in a product can wash you out. Ive noticed it has a ton of skin loving natural ingredients such as, jojoba, sweet iris, damascus rose, coconut water, kelp extract, oat, ginseng, safflower, white tea, pomegranate, and aloe. The makeup provides a nice summery glow, and Im thinking with continued use it will help even out skin tone. The downside I will mention is the mica, although my face is somewhat feminine I still don't want glitter on my face for a day to day look, it can provide a faux glowy look but in certain light or up close there are obvious particles of the shimmer, its not really trashy glitter or silver or all gold, its the multicolored stuff that actually looks pretty cute. Anyway while it isnt quite the dewy perfection formula Im looking for Ive certainly used worse products. Im going to play with a little more and if I get compliments I will probably continue use.

on 2/3/2014 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am so glad I swapped for a sample of this and did not buy it. Saves me the trouble of returning this horrible product.

This is not a BB cream. Even calling it a tinted moisturizer is a stretch. I noticed the moment I applied it, that it has a thin, lotion-y texture, whereas just about every other BB I have used (and there have been many) has had a thicker, sometimes whipped texture. I was also very disappointed to learn that there is no sunscreen in this product. EVERY Asian BB cream (they invented BB cream, FYI) has SPF. To not have SPF in a BB cream defeats the whole purpose.

Alight provides NO coverage, NO mattifying, NO pore concealing, NO texure improving. Like they took a plain lotion and added color to it, just to make the product not look so white on your fingers when you squeeze it out. There is ZERO coverage. I looked in the mirror at work a few hours after I applied it and I was horrified at how blotchy and shiny I looked. Thank goodness I keep a pressed powder in my desk!

Overall I have been very disappointed in most of the Pacifica cosmetics I have tried (eye shadow, liner, lip balm). They are AMAZING at fragrances and should just stick to what they're good at.