July 23, 2014 | 1274 users online

Liquid - Revlon - Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm SPF 20 for All Skin Types

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a thin foundation and doesn't have much in the way of coverage. I have tried applying with my fingers, sponge and foundation brush. The brush lays down more product but it doesn't last even with an application of powder on top.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJ7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I signed up on here just so I could write this review. I have been using Revlon Age Defying Foundation for YEARS, (since my 20s) and have always loved it. I occasionally would try something new out of curiosity, even expensive ones like Laura Mercier but I always came right back to this. Of course I want a foundation to look good but I also want it to be good for my skin. If it looks great but is going to make my skin look bad after a few uses (clogged pores, etc.)- No thanks. I like to think long-term--which is why I even tried "age-defying" makeup in my 20s. Loved it from the beginning & I have always thought it was at least partly responsible for why my skin still looks great. That being said, here goes the negative part of the review. Revlon had to go & mess up a great thing...they've obviously recently changed the formula & it's TERRIBLE. I used to get Natural Beige for Dry skin, now it just says "for all skin types". Are you kidding me?? First of all, the color is NOT the same--it's much darker and I noticed all the shades now have an orange tint. Yuck. Looks totally fake. It's also very oily. Oil just sits on top of the bottle & you have to shake it really well. Once I put it on, I have to cover it with so much powder to soak up the oil that it looks like a mask. SO disappointed that Revlon had to go change a great thing, probably just for the sake of change. I always wondered if/when they would ever change it & that dreaded time has come. Now off to read some reviews & find a new foundation...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by glamgirl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer before me. This is a beautiful foundation for anyone with combination skin. I'm currently NW/NC25 (I'm too neutral to be a true NW or NC) and the shade Soft Beige 05 matches perfectly. I use a sponge to first stipple, then smooth the foundation over my skin and it looks so natural that it looks like great skin, not makeup. It is medium coverage off the bat, so if you're wanting a lighter foundation you can add moisturizer or wet a sponge to help sheer the product out. I always set my foundation with powder, so I cannot say how long this would last without. With powder, I can go at least 5-6 hours during these hot summer months and even longer in the winter before I need to blot and/or re-powder. I've used this foundation in the past, but thought that the formula changed when Revlon ditched the normal/combination label. I'm glad that the formula stayed the same! I will most definitely repurchase.